*RESOLVED* - Reckon Accounts Hosted login issue (12 February 2018)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone,

We're currently looking into early reports of issues when attempting to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted.

You may encounter the loading message such as the example below.

Initial indication suggests this is isolated to Australian Hosted users only.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, we're looking into this as a matter of urgency.

Further updates to follow

** CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE **

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Tania Richards
    Tania Richards Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't log in this morning. When I try & log in it just spins for a while then goes back to the log in screen.  Is there an issue?
  • Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
    Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931 Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2018
    I get the same issue - can't believe its down AGAIN!
  • Genevieve Gleeson
    Genevieve Gleeson Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    having the same issue, unable to log in

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Hi Tania,
    I've moved your post over to my thread, unfortunately there is an issue at the moment which the team are investigating. I'll update the thread with more info on progress as soon as I have it. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tania Richards
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Rav
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    We certainly haven't had the best run in the last few weeks Nancy so have to agree. In saying that, the Hosted team are reviewing all of these errors to put measures in place to stamp these problems out as much as possible. 

Nonetheless, very frustrating when they do occur and I'm really sorry for the hassle & inconvenience this is causing.

Will update the thread here with more info as soon as I can.

• Emily Rikken
    Emily Rikken Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Any idea of a time frame for when this will be rectified? 

• Michelle Sanders
    Michelle Sanders Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    I can't log in either :(
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately I don't have an ETA from the team just yet Emily, but I'll let you know as soon as one becomes apparent.

• Deborah Kemper
    Deborah Kemper Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    This is the 3rd time in just over a week  -  Not good enough we rely on this

• Rav
    edited October 2018
    *UPDATE - 10:25am*

Hi everyone,
    Investigations are continuing at this stage. Initial analysis suggests the problem is related to the provisioning server but we're still looking at all avenues.

No ETA just yet. 

I'll post further updates on progress ASAP.

• Jodie_9532174
    Jodie_9532174 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    Very very frustrating!
  • Marshall Ghiotti
    Marshall Ghiotti Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2018
    Bloody hell...I'm sick of it!
  • Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
    Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931 Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2018
    I am far from educated with this sort of stuff, but I thought there were measures put in place so that when the server went down there was another server set up as to not cause issues like this or have I misunderstood?
  • Jan V
    Jan V Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2019
    I too am having the same problem - this is the message I receive when I try to login -
    The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable
  • Robyn_9510457
    Robyn_9510457 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    It would be nice if you could find and fix these problems before start of business and not wait until someone tells you there is a problem. These issues are becoming very common.
  • Brett Epi
    Brett Epi Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2018
    oh god here we go again
  • Kylie Fischer
    Kylie Fischer Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Again????

• Brett Epi
    Brett Epi Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2018
    all users should be getting the whole month for free. this is the 3rd or 4th time. stop making excuses and put your money where your mouth is. we all expect a 10% discount on our fees for the year. dont sell us diamonds and serve us dirt
  • Diane McKone
    Diane McKone Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2018
    Yes very frustrating been trying to log in for ages before checking forum
  • Kaitlyn1798
    Kaitlyn1798 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.. The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.

Error comes up when trying to log in.

• Rav
    edited February 2018
    ** UPDATE - 10:40am **

Hi everyone,

The Hosted team have just performed some remedial action in an effort to resolve this problem which should take place in the next few minutes.

We're confident this should solve the issue and have you all back into your Hosted service and I'll confirm once the team have completed their testing.

• Jan V
    Jan V Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2019
    Back up and running now. 
  • Vicki_9510467
    Vicki_9510467 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    NOOOO!!!!  This is just ridiculous, I agree with Brett with this many interruptions how on earth are we to run our businesses ??? With part time staff here it always seems to be the days that they are in that this happens,  so no productivity again.... seriously soooo p***ed off at this time!!!!    
  • Deborah Kemper
    Deborah Kemper Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    One minute I'm in,  next I'm out   -  can't keep logging in overtime I look away!

• Eric Simms
    Eric Simms Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    I can't get in.  C'mon Reckon.  What's going on?????

• Rav
    edited February 2018
    ** UPDATE - 10:57am **

Hi everyone,

The team have brought our provisioning servers back up to full operation, unfortunately however the issue is not resolved.

Further work is underway to reduce the impact of the issue while we work to identify the root cause.

Sincere apologies for the ongoing inconvenience not to mention frustration this is causing today.

I'll post more info on further progress ASAP.

• Tracie Callum
    Tracie Callum Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    This is becoming painful, every week there is a issue. Not Good!
  • Kathy_8076819
    Kathy_8076819 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Hi Rav, 

Does Reckon have any long term plan to reduce incidents like this in future as this is happening way too often? 
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    Hi everyone,

It looks as though the earlier issue from this morning has made a comeback in the last 10 minutes. We've got the full team investigating and looks to be very intermittent.

• Rav
    edited February 2018
    Great question Kathy and yes we definitely do. In terms of a long term plan to reduce incidents, upgrading the Hosted infrastructure to the new environment which was briefly released a few weeks ago will reduce a lot of the issues that have historically occurred, especially black screen issues. We've got a way to go yet in ironing out some of the operational bugs that became apparent but we're making progress on that front in conjunction with our technology partners.

• Tania Richards
    edited February 2018
    I haven't been kicked out but since this is happen I had to re-print an invoice as it didn't print properly & when I did it printed with the previous invoice's number but in the clients account it is the correct number.
  • Marshall Ghiotti
    edited February 2018
    Bloody Hell...not again!!
  • Amanda Ludlow
    Amanda Ludlow Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2018
    Still cant log on , this is getting very frustrating takes forever to log on then says not responding , this is really starting to get on my nerves "come on guys really" Businesses stop when this is not running !!!
  • Amanda Ludlow
    Amanda Ludlow Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2018
    totally agree , and yes not good enough when  your trying to run a business, and basically you cant do nothing without the running of this!!! so seriously over it...

• Marshall Ghiotti
    edited February 2018
    Yep, I'm over it. Logging off now and having a drink.Might as well, nothing happening here!!
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    Hi Marshall, this is only affecting login to the platform itself at a very intermittent level. If you're already logged in and need to continue using Hosted now, I'd recommend that you stay logged in if possible.

• Rav
    edited February 2018
    Hi all, While we're still looking into the root causes attributing to these issues, the team have noted the pattern of server behaviour has returned to normal. This should largely result in resumption of normal services, but as mentioned we're still working on this.

This discussion has been closed.