Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue 23 September 2016 - RESOLVED

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We are receiving indication of a login issue with Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

We are currently investigating this at the highest priority and we sincerely apologise for any frustration and inconvenience caused.

I will update this thread with more information as soon as possible.

*UPDATE - 10:30am*
Investigations are continuing to determine the cause of the issue.

Further updates to follow

*UPDATE - 11:00am*
Hi everyone,

Our IT team have isloated the overall area in which the issue is located. Root cause is still being investigated and additional work is also occurring to hopefully make inroads on the impact of the issue.

More information and updates to follow.

Thank you all for your patience

*UPDATE - 11:30am*
Hi everyone,

Our IT team have remedial action which is planned to go live in approximately 35-40 minutes which we are hopeful will potentially provide a resolution to this issue.

*UPDATE - 12:25pm*
Hi again everyone,

Unfortunately, the planned remedial action has not proven successful in resolving the issue.

Our IT team are continuing their investigations into the root cause.

*UPDATE - 1:10pm*

Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with the safety messages you're seeing.

*UPDATE - 2:00pm*

Hi all,

Rectifying this issue continues to be the number one priority for us right now.

Unfortunately, remedial action taken so far has proven ineffective. Our IT team are continuing their investigation and formulation of resolution options.

Unfortunately, I do not have a ETA on this at the moment however as soon as this becomes clear I will share it with the thread.

Thank you all for hanging in there with us so far, we're hearing all your feedback and frustration and working hard to get back online ASAP.

*UPDATE - 2:40pm*
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reports of now being able to access Hosted successfully.

I'm still awaiting the official word on this before confirming this issue is resolved so we're not quite there yet but are making progress.

*UPDATE - 3:15pm* - RESOLVED
Hi again everyone,

I'm very happy to advise that I've received official confirmation that this issue is now resolved.

The team are continuing to monitor to ensure full stability however at this stage everything is looking good.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their patience and hanging in there during no doubt an extremely frustrating time.

If you do continue to experience any issues, please log off any active remote sessions via the Control Panel, Logoff (using the Logout option) and retry. 
Alternatively, please get in touch with our Hosted support team to speak to a technician.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 70,904 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi, yes I was logged into Hosted - it kicked me out and now I can't log back in - it's just keeps flicking back to the sign in page??
Photo of Kate O'Donnell

Kate O'Donnell

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Any word on when this problem will be fixed? 
Photo of Steven Ponsonby

Steven Ponsonby

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Seriously, where's the redundancy with the system? We are currently reevaluating whether we continue with Reckon. Guess this is another issue on the negative side of the ledger!
Photo of Monika

Monika

• 60 Points

Hi we have the same problem, we have been unable to use Reckon all day today.

Photo of Sue

Sue

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agree, just started working. We are going back to desktop as we can't waste time and just don't need this kind of drama in our lives. Reckon clearly have bugs ... we have just gone back to online after 12 months for this to happen. Big mistake!!
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Im having the same issues - please not on a Friday
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Never a good time for these, but Friday's certainly make it just that little bit worse :( 

Really sorry Vanessa! :( Bear with us
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

thumbs up
Photo of Liz Hogg

Liz Hogg

• 684 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
oh great... either Telstra or Reckon and always Fridays. so over it

Hosted keeps saying it is not a trusted site and asks me to close the website down

-is that the issue?

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jacqui,

I've just posted an update on this on page 2 of this thread and the opening post above.

Really sorry for the confusion! :( 

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Sue

Sue

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon problems be honest you always have problems.

Can't get in and technical says you have problems. I want an honest answer about how many days per year you have problems. Have started using again from desktop. Left as too many problems. Reckon says all fixed buy 3 weeks in our business is stuck. Reckon have the decency to tell me how many days per year from last 12 months you had problems and businesses could not log in. I can then make an informed decision about whether to keep using.
Photo of Genevieve Gleeson

Genevieve Gleeson

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Sue

I have been cloud based for 18 months, honestly this is the second time I have been locked out or dropped off and unable to get back in, it  is very frustrating and does bring work to a grinding halt, especially when we are so reliant on technology for all our invoicing.

Photo of Veronica

Veronica

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been using Xero for other clients, never have experienced a problem logging in...
HI Sue, I have been using this program everyday now for about 4 years and this is really a very rare occurrence. in fact I can't remember whenit happened last. It is a total bugger for me as I had a really busy day planned!
Photo of Peter Neale

Peter Neale

• 650 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I agree. We have been using Hosted since it started and, although it is often frustratingly slow, it is very rare to be completely locked out. And it is even more unfortunate that on this occasion it has happened on a Friday of all days.
Photo of Sue

Sue

Have just moved from desktop to online where reckon assured me they no longer have problems. 3 weeks later our business is at a standstill .Reckon please tell me over last 12 months how many days like this have occurred. I can then make an informed decision about whether to go back to desktop version. Note this is a reasonable question and you should know the answer to it in one line.
Photo of Sue Healey

Sue Healey

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I done the same thing moved from desktop to online maybe we should of stayed desktop wouldn't have the problem
Photo of Sue

Sue

Yes I agree and I think I will return to desktop today once I have updated data.
Photo of Peter Neale

Peter Neale

From the point of view of an ordinary user for several years, I can't remember the last time we were completely locked out, so I have to say that the number of times in the last twelve months is in the area of zero to one.
Photo of Brenda Hauser

Brenda Hauser

• 60 Points
Any updates as to when this will be fixed??
Photo of Sue

Sue

Have just moved from desktop to online where reckon assured me they no longer have problems. 3 weeks later our business is at a standstill .Reckon please tell me over last 12 months how many days like this have occurred. I can then make an informed decision about whether to go back to desktop version. Just had a quick look through problems and it seems about once a month you have issues. Please confirm exactly how often so we know how many days per month the system is likely to fail. At this stage I am thinking once we are in, grab our data and leave and go back to desktop. OR everyday we back up to desktop so we can go there and keep working when you have failures.
Are you paying for both the desktop and online subscription?
Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

• 1,062 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes same here mate. We cannot login a.t.m. https://hosted.reckon.com/rahv2/reckonaccountslogon.aspx
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

UPDATE - 11:00am

Hi everyone,

Our IT team have isloated the overall area in which the issue is located. Root cause is still being investigated and additional work is also occurring to hopefully make inroads on the impact of the issue.

More information and updates to follow.

Thank you all for your patience

Rav
Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

Yes please Rav. I've informed users here and there. Management is informed. Thanks. Any ETA they asked?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for being so patient with us Jeffrey! :)

Unfortunately there is no ETA that I can share just yet but will update the thread as soon as it becomes apparent.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Boyd Dainton

Boyd Dainton

• 70 Points
how does one run a business when we cannot log into Reckon???????????
Have offline / downtime procedures in place. What would you do if the internet in your area was completely down for a day or more?
Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

Got that Rav. Will try to pacify the users. Good luck.
Photo of Shirley Ingle

Shirley Ingle, Accredited Partner

• 2,802 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Rav  Appreciate the updates. 11.30 am on the Sunshine Coast cannot login. Tech would be working at a rate of knots to solve the issue. As we rarely now days have down time, yes it is inconvenient not having hosted working. It will be resolved asap.

Message for Sue  Consider staying with hosted. If you go back to desktop, unless you were on the Enterprise version you may have a problem converting the data down so Pro, Premier, Plus and Accounting.

Photo of Shirley Ingle

Shirley Ingle, Accredited Partner

• 2,802 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Oops  Meant to say converting down to not so.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

• 866 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi I have some invoicing that I have been trying to do for a couple of hours. When is the ETA on this getting fixed? This is why I had avoided being hosted for so long. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

UPDATE - 11:30am

Hi everyone,

Our IT team have remedial action which is planned to go live in approximately 35-40 minutes which we are hopeful will potentially provide a resolution to this issue.

If there are any changes in the situation I will let you know.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

Rav
Photo of Veronica

Veronica

Just got in. Looked like the problem was fixed!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Great to hear Veronica,

I don't think we're quite out of the woods yet and we're still working on this but really glad to hear you're able to access Hosted.

Thanks for letting us know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Frank M

Frank M

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Not working for me. I am over Reckon. Hosted remote access is a poor imitation of a web based solution. The charge more and more and deliver less. I am seriously thinking of moving back to intuit quickbooks, at least they are keeping up with changing times and developing contemporary products! 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I'm really sorry to hear that Frank.

I definitely understand that any downtime such as this is incredibly frustrating not to mention inconvenient.

We have dedicated all IT resources to this issue and are working on restoring all services as quick as possible.

Appreciate your patience with us

Thanks
Rav
Charging more and more? Have you seen how much MYOB charges for a SINGLE file these days?
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

Not working here! So frustrating with the planned weeks invoicing not happening.  
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,476 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
To be honest - I would have gone back to the desktop version a long time ago ... but even though I could upload all my files to the Hosted version - it doesn't work in reverse !! Very poor planning - like a lot of hit and miss things about hosted. 
I envy people that have only had a couple of issues ... I have had several :(  This "new version" of

Hosted has cost us a lot in time and I am sick and tired of big companies in general removing basic functionality because THEY don't use those functions ... I believe in value adding ... not just changing the product !!

Those considering Hosted ... have a good look at your internet connection. Ours is considered to be quite good at the Office, however, I often deal with clunky pauses and delays when entering data.

I don't even attempt to login at home with the poor internet connection there !  Just my 2 cents worth as a long time user of Reckon...
when you say new version of hosted do you mean the new Quickbooks online?
Photo of Terry

Terry, Accredited Partner

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Vivien
You can backup and download your Reckon datafile
Then restore it back to a Reckon Enterprise Desktop version
Speak to Reckon about this if your internet is not suitable for a Cloud/Hosted solution
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Catie ... the new and improved version that did away with the Citrix Receiver ... but just in general I find that the Hosted platform can be very "clunky" for data entry. When you are using to whacking in your information there is nothing more frustrating that waiting to see if the system has recognised all of your keystrokes if you try to key ahead... I don't key ahead anymore - not worth it.

Terry, I have heard of this ... just have to make the time to sit on the phone with the help desk to get it done :)  I don't have Enterprise so I wonder if it will cost me extra ??
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Terry, thanks for the suggestion ... I've printed it out and have it in my To Do pile now ! Have a great day ! I'm gonna get a coffee ;)
Any news yet?
Photo of John

John

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
12:05pm Logged in and out ok
Photo of Peter Neale

Peter Neale

Obviously it is working for some, and not for others. I still can't get in at 12:18 PM.
Photo of John

John

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Guess what Peter, I shouldn't have logged out. 8-|

Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

SAME - Obviously it is working for some, and not for others. I still can't get in at 12:24pm
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

Can't get in 12.26pm 
Photo of MANDY COOK

MANDY COOK

We cannot get in either, Tried the whole restart and still wont work.
time is a wasting boys!!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 12:25pm*

Hi again everyone,

Unfortunately, the planned remedial action has not proven successful in resolving the issue.

Our IT team are continuing their investigations into the root cause.

Appreciate everyone's patience during this frustrating period, and as always I will share further information as soon as I can.

Thanks
Rav
I just got an error message called a privacy error that your connection is not private and that attackers might be trying to steal your private information, what on earth is going on?
Photo of Tanah Gray

Tanah Gray

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Me too I cant even get onto the login page. What is going on, its showing 404 Page Not Found?!
Rav literally just said they are making changes to the front page of Hosted, so that is why you are seeing a 404 page.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with safety messages you're seeing.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Vanessa Dowd

Vanessa Dowd

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am receiving the below error on a plain white page when I click on my Reckon shortcut: 
Not Found

The requested URL /RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.31 (Amazon) Server at hosted.reckon.com Port 443
Photo of Mike O'Keeffe

Mike O'Keeffe

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Rav, I appreciate the sincere apologies but mate Reckon is a glitchy, bug filled mess that perhaps needs to be addressed by more knowledgeable techs. For the money we pay my business should be more efficient, not be subject to these most random issues that shut us down for such long periods.  I'd hate to think of the hours my business has lost thanks to Reckon (not to mention Telstra).
Photo of Heather Rogers

Heather Rogers

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same message! Makes me nervous
Photo of Jilly Singleton

Jilly Singleton

• 60 Points
Trying to complete wages by 3pm...so frustrating. Praying I don't have to do them manually.
Photo of Emily

Emily

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Although I'm thankful that I got a prompt reply in regards to the issue I posted, it would have been nice that if an automated email was sent to clients informing them of the issue. Instead of me dealing with my frustration and my bosses frustration as we are trying to generate quotes for clients, sending me on a hunt through the problem feeds trying to see if anyone else was affected and if there is an issue/solution. Let's hope that this issue gets resolved soon!!
Photo of Sue

Sue

Hi Reckon, Please supply details that are easy to follow about how to go from online back to hosted. After 3 weeks converting to online we see there is still drama and do not need this in our business. We are going back to the old system as  clearly you have significant problems.
Photo of Jennifer Wann

Jennifer Wann, Accredited Partner

• 508 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks to Rav and the whole Reckon Team for the updates and fix to the Hosted login today.  This is only my second login problem this year but I have caught 3 planes that have been delayed, my power has gone off more than 4 times in the year and I've had to wait longer than 5 hours for my Telstra connections to be transferred to a different account. - my clients were all happy to hear from me that it wasn't another problem with their internet provider this time - give the techs a break - they do a great job getting us back up and running as soon as they are able!
don't hold your breath mine just shut down again
Photo of Natalie Elliott

Natalie Elliott

I hope your team  have luck retifying the IT issue soon. I know nothing is ever straightforward in life with software and computers and issues take time to isolate and fix.
Natalie
Glitches can always happen we just need to learn to be more tolerant .in the same business of hosting servers my self .
Photo of SusanR

SusanR, Accredited Partner

• 1,938 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Jenny, I really love how you put things into perspective!  Although Reckon have had an issue today with Hosted, the team on the front have managed to be transparent and I am so appreciative of the regular updates.  This has made communicating and explaining to my clients so much easier and smoother.  Huge thanks to Rav and Team Reckon.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.