Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue 23 September 2016 - RESOLVED

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We are receiving indication of a login issue with Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

We are currently investigating this at the highest priority and we sincerely apologise for any frustration and inconvenience caused.

I will update this thread with more information as soon as possible.

*UPDATE - 10:30am*
Investigations are continuing to determine the cause of the issue.

Further updates to follow

*UPDATE - 11:00am*
Hi everyone,

Our IT team have isloated the overall area in which the issue is located. Root cause is still being investigated and additional work is also occurring to hopefully make inroads on the impact of the issue.

More information and updates to follow.

Thank you all for your patience

*UPDATE - 11:30am*
Hi everyone,

Our IT team have remedial action which is planned to go live in approximately 35-40 minutes which we are hopeful will potentially provide a resolution to this issue.

*UPDATE - 12:25pm*
Hi again everyone,

Unfortunately, the planned remedial action has not proven successful in resolving the issue.

Our IT team are continuing their investigations into the root cause.

*UPDATE - 1:10pm*

Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with the safety messages you're seeing.

*UPDATE - 2:00pm*

Hi all,

Rectifying this issue continues to be the number one priority for us right now.

Unfortunately, remedial action taken so far has proven ineffective. Our IT team are continuing their investigation and formulation of resolution options.

Unfortunately, I do not have a ETA on this at the moment however as soon as this becomes clear I will share it with the thread.

Thank you all for hanging in there with us so far, we're hearing all your feedback and frustration and working hard to get back online ASAP.

*UPDATE - 2:40pm*
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reports of now being able to access Hosted successfully.

I'm still awaiting the official word on this before confirming this issue is resolved so we're not quite there yet but are making progress.

*UPDATE - 3:15pm* - RESOLVED
Hi again everyone,

I'm very happy to advise that I've received official confirmation that this issue is now resolved.

The team are continuing to monitor to ensure full stability however at this stage everything is looking good.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their patience and hanging in there during no doubt an extremely frustrating time.

If you do continue to experience any issues, please log off any active remote sessions via the Control Panel, Logoff (using the Logout option) and retry. 
Alternatively, please get in touch with our Hosted support team to speak to a technician.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,492 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 1:10pm*

Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with the safety messages you're seeing.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Kate O'Donnell

Kate O'Donnell

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Anymore updates as to when this issue will be fixed please????
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Nathan Elcoate, Accredited Partner

• 7,290 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It's fixed.
Mine just shut down but I was able to log out and log back in
Photo of Jessica Arnold

Jessica Arnold

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone know if I can upload my last backup to retrieve customer information? I need to find customer phone numbers so i can call them.. 
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

• 876 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So, it seems the issue is related to an SSL certificate on the Amazon Apache server. If the server is located in the USA - due to time differences it make take time to resolve. 

Really, redundancy is now a basic. They should be able to switch us over to another server.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

PS I just pinged the server - 54.206.106.30 (reckon.hosted.com) it is completely offline - hence the 404 page errors.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

IP Lookup - yep it is located in the USA.

NetRange: 54.192.0.0 - 54.207.255.255
CIDR:           54.192.0.0/12
NetName:        AMAZON-2011L
NetHandle:      NET-54-192-0-0-1
Parent:         NET54 (NET-54-0-0-0-0)
NetType:        Direct Allocation
OriginAS:       AS16509
Organization:   Amazon Technologies Inc. (AT-88-Z)
RegDate:        2013-06-19
Updated:        2013-06-19
Ref:            https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-54-192-0-0-1
Photo of Steven Ponsonby

Steven Ponsonby

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, sounds like it's more than a simple "certificate" issue then.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

This is not a minor issue - this is going to take hours if not days to resolve, if they have had to take the server offline.
Interesting, a colleague is telling me that Reckon stated in a big brief that all the servers were located in Australia.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

Most hosted solutions are not located in Australia. In my real job as IT Manager of a large company - this is the first question I get them to answer when they propose a hosted solution.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

PS I got an update from a contact at AWS (Amazon Web Services)

There is no noted outage on our end on AWS servers, I just checked with our engineers.

It may seem very basic but they might not be running health checks on the servers or probably not having Active-Passive HA configuration. Hard for us to say but the problem seems to have originated from Reckon architecture.

Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Nathan Elcoate, Accredited Partner

• 7,290 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The issue is resolved, and the data is hosted in Australia.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

The data may be hosted in Australia, but the web servers are very definitely not. IP Lookup does not lie.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

The data may be hosted in Australia, but the web servers are very definitely not. IP Lookup does not lie.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,

Rectifying this issue continues to be the number one priority for us right now.

Unfortunately, remedial action taken so far has proven ineffective. Our IT team are continuing their investigation and formulation of resolution options.

Unfortunately, I do not have a ETA on this at the moment however as soon as this becomes clear I will share it with the thread.

Thank you all for hanging in there with us so far, we're hearing all your feedback and frustration and working hard to get back online ASAP.

Rav
Yeh I am on
Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

• 1,114 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Seems it is back up now. Checking and doing adhoc backups now. Thanks
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,700 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
OK... dare I say it... I'm in !!  2.27pm
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 2:40pm*

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reports of now being able to access Hosted successfully.

I'm still awaiting the official word on this before confirming this issue is resolved so we're not quite there yet but are making progress.

Stay tuned.

Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 3:15pm*

Hi again everyone,

I'm very happy to advise that I've received official confirmation that this issue is now resolved.

The team are continuing to monitor to ensure full stability however at this stage everything is looking good.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their patience and hanging in there during no doubt an extremely frustrating time.

If you do continue to experience any issues, please log off any active remote sessions via the Control Panel, Logoff (using the Logout option) and retry.
Alternatively, please get in touch with our Hosted support team to speak to a technician.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Michael Day-Nielsen

Michael Day-Nielsen

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's good the issue has been resolved, but what was the cause of the outage ?

There has been some speculation as to the reason, but an official explanation would help to retain some confidence in the Reckon online solution.

We are now looking at options to move back to a local server setup, these lengthy outages cause problems not only for our accounts people, but also in distribution and shipping and then ultimately delays for our customers.

I understand that system outages can never be totally avoided, but to have this many users down for approx. 4.5 hrs (10 - 2.30) is not really acceptable.

As Sue Miller pointed out in an earlier post, redundancy and automatic failover should have had this solved much sooner ..
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Michael,

We'll be conducting a debrief on today's events to discuss what went wrong, how we fixed it and what we're going to do in future to avoid it occurring again.
At this stage I don't have a great deal of detail but once this concludes I'll be able to share root cause info etc.

I'm not a techie but from what I understand so far, and my conversations with the team working on the issue today, the causes that have been speculated on earlier in this thread are incorrect.

Info on the above will follow next week.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Sue

Sue

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
AS requested previously please provide clear details on how to return to hosted on the desktop. 
Photo of Shirley Ingle

Shirley Ingle, Accredited Partner

• 2,892 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Sue  With respect, suggest you contact Tech support on 1300 799 150 or email onlinesupport@reckon.com as your request is of a technical nature not a community topic. Could also phone Customer service 1800 732 566 or email customerservice@reckon.com. Not sure if those numbers are available Saturday. May have to wait until Monday.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.