Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue 23 September 2016 - RESOLVED

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone,

We are receiving indication of a login issue with Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

We are currently investigating this at the highest priority and we sincerely apologise for any frustration and inconvenience caused.

I will update this thread with more information as soon as possible.

*UPDATE - 10:30am*
Investigations are continuing to determine the cause of the issue.

Further updates to follow

*UPDATE - 11:00am*
Hi everyone,

Our IT team have isloated the overall area in which the issue is located. Root cause is still being investigated and additional work is also occurring to hopefully make inroads on the impact of the issue.

More information and updates to follow.

Thank you all for your patience

*UPDATE - 11:30am*
Hi everyone,

Our IT team have remedial action which is planned to go live in approximately 35-40 minutes which we are hopeful will potentially provide a resolution to this issue.

*UPDATE - 12:25pm*
Hi again everyone,

Unfortunately, the planned remedial action has not proven successful in resolving the issue.

Our IT team are continuing their investigations into the root cause.

*UPDATE - 1:10pm*

Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with the safety messages you're seeing.

*UPDATE - 2:00pm*

Hi all,

Rectifying this issue continues to be the number one priority for us right now.

Unfortunately, remedial action taken so far has proven ineffective. Our IT team are continuing their investigation and formulation of resolution options.

Unfortunately, I do not have a ETA on this at the moment however as soon as this becomes clear I will share it with the thread.

Thank you all for hanging in there with us so far, we're hearing all your feedback and frustration and working hard to get back online ASAP.

*UPDATE - 2:40pm*
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reports of now being able to access Hosted successfully.

I'm still awaiting the official word on this before confirming this issue is resolved so we're not quite there yet but are making progress.

*UPDATE - 3:15pm* - RESOLVED
Hi again everyone,

I'm very happy to advise that I've received official confirmation that this issue is now resolved.

The team are continuing to monitor to ensure full stability however at this stage everything is looking good.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their patience and hanging in there during no doubt an extremely frustrating time.

If you do continue to experience any issues, please log off any active remote sessions via the Control Panel, Logoff (using the Logout option) and retry. 
Alternatively, please get in touch with our Hosted support team to speak to a technician.

Thanks
Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Wendy_8684012
    Wendy_8684012 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2017
    Hi, yes I was logged into Hosted - it kicked me out and now I can't log back in - it's just keeps flicking back to the sign in page??
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Apologies for that Sandra, we're looking into isolating the cause of the issue as we speak.

I'll provide a further update here as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience and apologies again for the inconvenience.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Vanessa Lander
    Vanessa Lander Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2017
    Im having the same issues - please not on a Friday
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Never a good time for these, but Friday's certainly make it just that little bit worse :( 

Really sorry Vanessa! :( Bear with us

• Sue_7036019
    Sue_7036019 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon problems be honest you always have problems. Can't get in and technical says you have problems. I want an honest answer about how many days per year you have problems. Have started using again from desktop. Left as too many problems. Reckon says all fixed buy 3 weeks in our business is stuck. Reckon have the decency to tell me how many days per year from last 12 months you had problems and businesses could not log in. I can then make an informed decision about whether to keep using.
  • Sue Healey
    Sue Healey Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    I was doing an invoice no I cant even get back in not good for my business

• Sue_7036019
    edited September 2016
    Have just moved from desktop to online where reckon assured me they no longer have problems. 3 weeks later our business is at a standstill .Reckon please tell me over last 12 months how many days like this have occurred. I can then make an informed decision about whether to go back to desktop version. Note this is a reasonable question and you should know the answer to it in one line.
  • Sue Healey
    edited September 2016
    I have invoices to print need it sorted asap

• Vanessa Lander
    Vanessa Lander Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    thumbs up
  • Sandy Stewart_7038361
    Sandy Stewart_7038361 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016

I have been trying to log in for an hour and it keep timing out.  This is very frustrating as I have pencilled in to do clients work this morning now it looks like I will need to do it on my Saturday....

I looked on the web site and face book page to see if there was any communication from Reckon that the system had problems but there was nothing therefore a phone call to tech support..

VERY VERY frustrating.

• Andrea Hayes
    Andrea Hayes Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Yep, same issue here, really giving me the pips.

• Genevieve Gleeson
    Genevieve Gleeson Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2016

Hi Sue

I have been cloud based for 18 months, honestly this is the second time I have been locked out or dropped off and unable to get back in, it  is very frustrating and does bring work to a grinding halt, especially when we are so reliant on technology for all our invoicing.

• Sue Healey
    edited September 2016
    I done the same thing moved from desktop to online maybe we should of stayed desktop wouldn't have the problem

• Genevieve Gleeson
    Genevieve Gleeson Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2016

Rav do you have time estimate for this, so we know how to manage our staff and day.

• Sue_7036019
    edited September 2016
    Have just moved from desktop to online where reckon assured me they no longer have problems. 3 weeks later our business is at a standstill .Reckon please tell me over last 12 months how many days like this have occurred. I can then make an informed decision about whether to go back to desktop version. Just had a quick look through problems and it seems about once a month you have issues. Please confirm exactly how often so we know how many days per month the system is likely to fail. At this stage I am thinking once we are in, grab our data and leave and go back to desktop. OR everyday we back up to desktop so we can go there and keep working when you have failures.
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Really sorry about this everyone, I can fully understand your frustration.

Our IT team are working with the utmost urgency to identify the cause of the problem as we speak.

I'll provide further info on the issue and resolution as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your patience,

Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Unfortunately not at this stage Genevieve but will share this as soon as I do.

Thanks
    Rav

• Sue_7036019
    edited September 2016
    Yes I agree and I think I will return to desktop today once I have updated data.
  • Veronica_8117523
    Veronica_8117523 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    I have been using Xero for other clients, never have experienced a problem logging in...

• Jeffrey Arana_7451558
    Jeffrey Arana_7451558 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2017
    Yes same here mate. We cannot login a.t.m. https://hosted.reckon.com/rahv2/reckonaccountslogon.aspx

• Sue_7036019
    edited September 2016
    Good question and would love an answer
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    UPDATE - 11:00am

Hi everyone,

Our IT team have isloated the overall area in which the issue is located. Root cause is still being investigated and additional work is also occurring to hopefully make inroads on the impact of the issue.

More information and updates to follow.

Thank you all for your patience

Rav

• Jeffrey Arana_7451558
    edited March 2017
    Yes please Rav. I've informed users here and there. Management is informed. Thanks. Any ETA they asked?
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for being so patient with us Jeffrey! :)

Unfortunately there is no ETA that I can share just yet but will update the thread as soon as it becomes apparent.

Cheers
    Rav

• Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    Nick 'Snowdog' Owens Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2016
    The best answer to an IT issue is that it will be fixed when it's found. Having worked in IT with fixing urgent issues before, you can never give a small time estimate because even after you identify the issue (which could be very deeply buried and covered) you then need to figure out how to rectify it. Thanks for letting us know and good luck to the techies :)
  • Catie DiverHemsworth
    Catie DiverHemsworth Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    HI Sue, I have been using this program everyday now for about 4 years and this is really a very rare occurrence. in fact I can't remember whenit happened last. It is a total bugger for me as I had a really busy day planned!
  • Jeffrey Arana_7451558
    edited March 2017
    Got that Rav. Will try to pacify the users. Good luck.
  • Boyd Dainton
    Boyd Dainton Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    how does one run a business when we cannot log into Reckon???????????
  • Catie DiverHemsworth
    Catie DiverHemsworth Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    Are you paying for both the desktop and online subscription?

• Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Rav  Appreciate the updates. 11.30 am on the Sunshine Coast cannot login. Tech would be working at a rate of knots to solve the issue. As we rarely now days have down time, yes it is inconvenient not having hosted working. It will be resolved asap.

Message for Sue  Consider staying with hosted. If you go back to desktop, unless you were on the Enterprise version you may have a problem converting the data down so Pro, Premier, Plus and Accounting.

• Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Oops  Meant to say converting down to not so.
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    UPDATE - 11:30am

Hi everyone,

Our IT team have remedial action which is planned to go live in approximately 35-40 minutes which we are hopeful will potentially provide a resolution to this issue.

If there are any changes in the situation I will let you know.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi everyone,

I have posted updates further down this thread and have also amended the opening post to reflect the current situation.

Thank you all for your patience.

Rav

• Veronica_8117523
    Veronica_8117523 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Just got in. Looked like the problem was fixed!
  • Frank M
    Frank M Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Not working for me. I am over Reckon. Hosted remote access is a poor imitation of a web based solution. The charge more and more and deliver less. I am seriously thinking of moving back to intuit quickbooks, at least they are keeping up with changing times and developing contemporary products! 
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    I'm really sorry to hear that Frank.

I definitely understand that any downtime such as this is incredibly frustrating not to mention inconvenient.

We have dedicated all IT resources to this issue and are working on restoring all services as quick as possible.

Appreciate your patience with us

Thanks
    Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Great to hear Veronica,

I don't think we're quite out of the woods yet and we're still working on this but really glad to hear you're able to access Hosted.

Thanks for letting us know

Cheers
    Rav

• Daniel_8684132
    Daniel_8684132 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Not working here! So frustrating with the planned weeks invoicing not happening.  
  • Peter Neale
    Peter Neale Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    I agree. We have been using Hosted since it started and, although it is often frustratingly slow, it is very rare to be completely locked out. And it is even more unfortunate that on this occasion it has happened on a Friday of all days.
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    To be honest - I would have gone back to the desktop version a long time ago ... but even though I could upload all my files to the Hosted version - it doesn't work in reverse !! Very poor planning - like a lot of hit and miss things about hosted. 
    I envy people that have only had a couple of issues ... I have had several :(  This "new version" of

Hosted has cost us a lot in time and I am sick and tired of big companies in general removing basic functionality because THEY don't use those functions ... I believe in value adding ... not just changing the product !!

Those considering Hosted ... have a good look at your internet connection. Ours is considered to be quite good at the Office, however, I often deal with clunky pauses and delays when entering data.

I don't even attempt to login at home with the poor internet connection there !  Just my 2 cents worth as a long time user of Reckon...
This discussion has been closed.