Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue 23 September 2016 - RESOLVED

Comments

• Peter Neale
    Peter Neale Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    From the point of view of an ordinary user for several years, I can't remember the last time we were completely locked out, so I have to say that the number of times in the last twelve months is in the area of zero to one.
  • Boyd Dainton
    Boyd Dainton Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016

Seems some rarely use members, for those of us who use 4-5 licenses every day

and rely heavily on system stability, this simply is not good enough

does not anyone remember last day of financial year, and numerous occassions before

whatever happened to redundant systems

we pay plenty for reckon, it should be better than this

• Catie DiverHemsworth
    Catie DiverHemsworth Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    Any news yet?

• Catie DiverHemsworth
    edited September 2016
    when you say new version of hosted do you mean the new Quickbooks online?

• Peter Neale
    Peter Neale Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    Obviously it is working for some, and not for others. I still can't get in at 12:18 PM.
  • Terry_6882040
    Terry_6882040 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    Hi Vivien
    You can backup and download your Reckon datafile
    Then restore it back to a Reckon Enterprise Desktop version
    Speak to Reckon about this if your internet is not suitable for a Cloud/Hosted solution

• Vanessa Lander
    Vanessa Lander Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    SAME - Obviously it is working for some, and not for others. I still can't get in at 12:24pm
  • Daniel_8684132
    Daniel_8684132 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Can't get in 12.26pm 
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Catie ... the new and improved version that did away with the Citrix Receiver ... but just in general I find that the Hosted platform can be very "clunky" for data entry. When you are using to whacking in your information there is nothing more frustrating that waiting to see if the system has recognised all of your keystrokes if you try to key ahead... I don't key ahead anymore - not worth it.

Terry, I have heard of this ... just have to make the time to sit on the phone with the help desk to get it done :)  I don't have Enterprise so I wonder if it will cost me extra ??
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    *UPDATE - 12:25pm*

Hi again everyone,

Unfortunately, the planned remedial action has not proven successful in resolving the issue.

Our IT team are continuing their investigations into the root cause.

Appreciate everyone's patience during this frustrating period, and as always I will share further information as soon as I can.

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Terry, thanks for the suggestion ... I've printed it out and have it in my To Do pile now ! Have a great day ! I'm gonna get a coffee ;)
  • MANDY COOK
    MANDY COOK Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    We cannot get in either, Tried the whole restart and still wont work.
    time is a wasting boys!!!
  • Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    Nick 'Snowdog' Owens Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2016
    Charging more and more? Have you seen how much MYOB charges for a SINGLE file these days?
  • Catie DiverHemsworth
    edited February 2017
    I just got an error message called a privacy error that your connection is not private and that attackers might be trying to steal your private information, what on earth is going on?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Catie,

Don't be alarmed with that page, we're currently making some changes to the front page of Hosted as we speak which is why that is appearing at the moment.

Apologies for that! :( 

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Heather Rogers
    Heather Rogers Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have the same message! Makes me nervous

• Catie DiverHemsworth
    edited September 2016
    the message on firefox is even worse

• Vanessa Lander
    Vanessa Lander Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    No Work done today lucky I close the shop at 4 not 5 today only 3 hours to go of doing nothing.
    Please hurry up 
  • Jilly Singleton
    Jilly Singleton Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2016
    Trying to complete wages by 3pm...so frustrating. Praying I don't have to do them manually.
  • Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    edited September 2016
    That is some nice passive aggression. Maybe you need some kind of offline / downtime procedures. What would you do if the internet in your area was completely down for a day?
  • Emily_8684186
    Emily_8684186 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    Although I'm thankful that I got a prompt reply in regards to the issue I posted, it would have been nice that if an automated email was sent to clients informing them of the issue. Instead of me dealing with my frustration and my bosses frustration as we are trying to generate quotes for clients, sending me on a hunt through the problem feeds trying to see if anyone else was affected and if there is an issue/solution. Let's hope that this issue gets resolved soon!!
  • Sue_7036019
    Sue_7036019 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2018
    Hi Reckon, Please supply details that are easy to follow about how to go from online back to hosted. After 3 weeks converting to online we see there is still drama and do not need this in our business. We are going back to the old system as  clearly you have significant problems.

• Tanah Gray_8150115
    Tanah Gray_8150115 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2016
    Me too I cant even get onto the login page. What is going on, its showing 404 Page Not Found?!
  • Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    edited September 2016
    Rav literally just said they are making changes to the front page of Hosted, so that is why you are seeing a 404 page.
  • Jacqui Corlis Garrett
    Jacqui Corlis Garrett Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016

Hosted keeps saying it is not a trusted site and asks me to close the website down

-is that the issue?

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with safety messages you're seeing.

Thanks
    Rav

• Rav
    edited February 2017
    *UPDATE - 1:10pm*

Hi guys,

I apologise for the confusion around the pages you're currently seeing when trying to access Hosted.

The team are currently making a change to the front page so that an outage page/message is shown. It's obviously taking a little longer than expected but please don't be alarmed with the safety messages you're seeing.

Thanks
    Rav

• Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    edited September 2016
    This is a very tangential request that really has nothing to do with the current login issues that this thread is about. Maybe you should log a proper support ticket through the Reckon site.
  • Shannon Chambers Gardiner
    Shannon Chambers Gardiner Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2016
    I cant even load the login page. It keeps telling me that the website is unsecure and people may be trying to steal my information.

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Jacqui,

I've just posted an update on this on page 2 of this thread and the opening post above.

Really sorry for the confusion! :( 

Thanks
    Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Really sorry about that Shannon,

Check out the latest update on this at page 2 of this thread.

Thanks
    Rav

• Arthur Bortz
    Arthur Bortz Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2016
    ETA?
  • Kate O'Donnell
    Kate O'Donnell Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Hi Rav,
    Any word on when this problem will be fixed? 
  • Vanessa Dowd
    Vanessa Dowd Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2016
    I am receiving the below error on a plain white page when I click on my Reckon shortcut: 
    Not Found

The requested URL /RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.31 (Amazon) Server at hosted.reckon.com Port 443
  • Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    edited September 2016
    Have offline / downtime procedures in place. What would you do if the internet in your area was completely down for a day or more?
  • Jessica Arnold
    Jessica Arnold Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Does anyone know if I can upload my last backup to retrieve customer information? I need to find customer phone numbers so i can call them.. 
  • Kate O'Donnell
    Kate O'Donnell Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Anymore updates as to when this issue will be fixed please????
  • Tam_8684248
    Tam_8684248 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    People its technology yes its frustrating but its not bomb proof what is in life they are obviously trying to do all they can to fix the issue and at least keeping everyone regularly updated.....
  • Monika_8684255
    Monika_8684255 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016

Hi we have the same problem, we have been unable to use Reckon all day today.

• Mike O'Keeffe
    Mike O'Keeffe Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2016
    Rav, I appreciate the sincere apologies but mate Reckon is a glitchy, bug filled mess that perhaps needs to be addressed by more knowledgeable techs. For the money we pay my business should be more efficient, not be subject to these most random issues that shut us down for such long periods.  I'd hate to think of the hours my business has lost thanks to Reckon (not to mention Telstra).
This discussion has been closed.