*RESOLVED* ~ Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue (29 January 2018)

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We are aware that a number of customers are experiencing issues accessing Reckon Accounts Hosted this morning.

You may encounter an error page such as the screenshot below when attempting to launch.

Our teams are currently investigating the cause of the problem as we speak and further updates will be provided here.

Our sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused this morning.

Thank you for your patience

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Sad

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of alison duffy

alison duffy

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled hosted-connect.reckon.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR ....

hosted-connect.reckon.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 502
Photo of Mel Gorsuch

Mel Gorsuch

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot log in to reckon this morning either, this is so annoying.
Photo of Marshall Ghiotti

Marshall Ghiotti

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes. Me too Rav.
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled XML Parsing Error: no root element found Location: https://hosted-connect.reckon.....

Error when we launch on Reckon Hosted...is site down??
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

• 60 Points
Any idea on downtime we should expect to experience??
Photo of Caspers

Caspers

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
any idea how long reckon will be down for?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Why is it that things go wrong with Reckon after you people muck around with the program and do up dates when they are not needed (printing less clicks you tell us, what a joke),  you have also mucked up the printing/save side of the program, do you test the program after you have played around with it.????????, It might be time to look at another program like MYOB.

Photo of Jo

Jo

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Dennis, I know exactly where you are coming from. I have found a much easier and quicker way to save invoices etc externally as long as you are using Chrome - when you click on print instead of sending to printer change it to save as pdf. Reckons way of saving invoices etc externally is an absolute pain in the **** 
Photo of Luisa

Luisa

Hi Robbie, I save documents as PDF but I find they rotate the image and appear/save sideways since the update. Even after rotating the image so that they are the right way and then saving the PDF this still saves with a rotated image. We have a large number of orders that we save as PDF and send to an external company who then have to copy and paste data from the PDF images and they now have to rotate each image before they can do this. Not a big issue, but for them it is, seeing as this has now changed since the update. Hope you are able to assist. 
Photo of Jo

Jo

Yes they do too! I can see how that would be a pain if you're doing it all the time. I'm not sure if I can help with that one sorry :( Has support got any fixes/suggestions for this?
Photo of Luisa

Luisa

Not as yet, Rav was assisting me with this but I have not had any updates for a few days now. 
Photo of Jo

Jo

I'd be interested to know the solution too
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on resolution from the team just yet but I'll let you know on this as soon as I do.

Thank you all for your patience while we work on getting this sorted.
Photo of Kaz

Kaz

• 328 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have a meeting to get a quote to in an hour. This has been like this since last night. Plenty of time to have had rectified. My screen is just white when I try to log in. When will this be fixed? Very unhappy. 
Yes Kaz, my screen is also white - no error messages.

Photo of Brad

Brad

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
No system is foolproof, I get it, but gee it makes trying to run a small business more difficult than it needs to be. On a Monday morning too, and yes there have been log in issues for more than 12 hrs now. This type of thing easily results in lost business for us, something we cant afford!! 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,196 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Totally understand where you're coming from Brad. No good time to have these sorts of issues but Monday morning is right up there with the worst :( 

Apologies for the hassle its causing, the team are closing in on a solution so hopefully its not too much longer.
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Aaaaand, we're in....
Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

• 446 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
this should have been fixed overnight not monday morning
Photo of Lance Carr

Lance Carr

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ah well none of the casual workers will get paid today :(
Photo of Eileen Voysey

Eileen Voysey

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why not do your maintenance on Saturday nights so problems like this can be ironed out on a Sunday? Would certainly lessen the "inconvenience" of trying to get our Monday morning orders out by midday.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 48,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Eileen,

Most Hosted maintenance windows are indeed scheduled for Saturday evenings however in this case, there was none over the weekend just gone.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

they dont want to pay their staff weekend rates
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The team have identified the cause of the issue that is affecting launch of Hosted and working toward getting it fixed ASAP.

No timeframe just yet but I'll keep you updated on progress as I get more info.

Hang in there guys, I fully appreciate how frustrating not to mention inconvenient this issue is and hope to have good news to share in regard to resolution soon.
Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

5 minutes or 5 hours?
Photo of GJB

GJB

Unfortunately these problems seem to becoming more frequent.
Photo of Heather Richmond

Heather Richmond

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We have over 160 orders to invoice for our online store and needing to get them off today so hoping Reckon gets up again very soon. Not happy!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,118 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Really sorry Heather!
We're making progress so hopefully the team can get us back up & running very soon.

I'll update the thread with more info as soon as possible.
Photo of Shelly Doake

Shelly Doake

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Have heaps of invoicing to do before freight is picked up in an hours time.  very frustrating.  Tech support didn't open until 8.30 this morning so I called Reckon customer service and was told the wait time to be answered was 30 minutes!! What a joke and so unprofessional.  You promote yourselves as a tool for small business and many of those type of businesses do their book work after hours.
I understand things can go wrong, but why was it was not rectified last night when the problem was first reported.  It is most inconvenient to have it go down on a Monday morning when business is firing up after a long weekend.  Frustrating!
Photo of Deb Dean

Deb Dean

• 60 Points

Xero Roadshow is coming soon... perhaps its time to make the switch! Even after the upgrades still have  trouble with loading, downtime, slow/lagging data.  Well and truly over it.

Photo of GJB

GJB

Totally agree. 
Photo of Anne Sterling

Anne Sterling

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I'm not a huge fan of what I have seen of Xero, but these outages are definitely giving them a big opportunity.

Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

why wasnt the issue fixed last night? 
Photo of Tanya Coombes

Tanya Coombes

• 60 Points
How much longer now. I am needing to produce invoices for patients.
currently 4 hours behind on running payroll for 400 staff (6 businesses) with a public holiday in the mix this week as well... Not happy Jan!!  >:-(
Photo of Anne Sterling

Anne Sterling

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I'm not even getting the broken message, just a blank screen.  And this happened last week too, didn't it?  very disappointing

Photo of Caspers

Caspers

i have the blank/white screen as well! It is very frustrating!
Photo of Lynette Gregory

Lynette Gregory

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is Reckon Hosted working for anyone at the moment?  Please can you at least be honest and say the whole system has crashed for everyone if this indeed is the case?
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
2 of our 3 staff have successfully logged on today. Just not me!
Photo of Lance Carr

Lance Carr

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
not working for me : (
Photo of Colin Matthies

Colin Matthies

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
To be fair they have said the system is down
Photo of Robert Livett

Robert Livett

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
NO MORE ~ SUNDAY UPGRADES ~ NO MORE
Photo of Colin Matthies

Colin Matthies

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
They have said no updates were done yesterday

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.