*RESOLVED* - Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login issues (12 September 2017)

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi all,

We are currently investigating cases of some users unable to access Reckon Accounts Hosted services.

You may encounter a grey screen such as the screenshot example below. This issue is isolated to one particular file server and the team are working on rectifying the problem and restoring access as we speak.

I'll keep you updated here with more info as soon as it comes to hand.

Sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,866 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Sad

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Anita Morton

Anita Morton

• 656 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
driving me crazy; cannot get on at all, have re-started computer x2 and still black screen; was working fine this morning; thank god I get pays done earlier in the day :)
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
know your pain linda
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

still nothing with both accounts
black black black
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,826 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tony,

I'm really sorry that you're affected by this issue, we're working really hard on putting this right. 
Rather than constantly trying to log in, can you please leave it on the black screen for about 10-15 minutes uninterrupted. It may proceed to login after this period of time. I can't guarantee it but its worth a try.
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

will give it a go
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

took its time but worked thanks
Photo of Richard B Crosland

Richard B Crosland

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It worked, thanks
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,690 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yep ... super slow and crashing every 5-10 mins.
Photo of Diane Viskovich

Diane Viskovich

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Got logged in and 1/4 way through payroll and it booted me off the system - what is going on!
Photo of Diane Viskovich

Diane Viskovich

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can I have an update please
Any updates yet??
Photo of XenonOzHID .

XenonOzHID .

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
HOW ABOUT REACHING FOR THE BACKUP TAPES AND RUNNING UP A DIFFERENT SERVER.  ALL YOUR HOSTED CUSTOMERS ARE COUNTING ON YOU.  COME ON RECKON, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!  AGAIN, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MIRRORED SERVERS AT AWS?
Photo of guy Lewis

guy Lewis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled is Reckon going to pay for my company's down time?.
Photo of XenonOzHID .

XenonOzHID .

Yes - Good point...what's the compensation ?  Interesting that comments on that topic have been blocked!  
Photo of Nikita

Nikita

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
THIS problem again!  I was suffering black screen drop outs for the last few weeks and queried whether my company file had been moved to a less than stable server.  Official answer was to re-install Chrome which worked - for a week.  Now black screen of death has returned!
I can't even get to the black screen, it tries to log me in and then just shuts the window automatically!  Come on you are obviously trying something some communication would be good!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

I can fully appreciate that this is frustrating and I know that our Hosted Dev team is doing everything they can to get things up back to normal as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

A number of Hosted services have been restarted however there are a couple of elements that are still operating slower than normal which is now causing the black screen issues which some of you may be encountering when attempting to login. I appreciate that this isn't the ideal user experience however if you are experiencing a black screen, leave it on screen for 10-15 minutes uninterrupted and your login may proceed. Its not something I can guarantee but its an option worth looking at while we're getting things right on our end.

Again, I'd just like to extend my sincere apologies for the frustration this is causing. We're hearing all your feedback and comments and we're working very hard on putting things right.
Photo of XenonOzHID .

XenonOzHID .

Mirrored disc & servers?  What's the nature of the problem?  This isn't the first time AWS have let you guys down.  If you want better hosting, let me know and I'll point you to someone who really knows about up time.
Photo of Richard B Crosland

Richard B Crosland

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I left the black screen for 13 minutes and I just logged in!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Chris Mil

Chris Mil

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Lights are off and nobody is home with my black screen. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Sorry to hear that Chris, did you try the above step of leaving it up uninterrupted for a while?
Photo of Nikita

Nikita

It IS evenutally logging but still very unstable - continually dropping out right in front of my eyes!
Photo of XenonOzHID .

XenonOzHID .

Everything working fine at our end.
Photo of Chris Mil

Chris Mil

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Working now. Thanks.
Photo of Natalie

Natalie

• 60 Points
How about the dropping out in the first place - is this being fixed?
Have been trying to run a payroll of 130 staff
First time got to "J" dropped out nothing saved
Second time got to "M" dropped out nothing saved 
We have now missed the banking cut off.
Please provide in depth update of the situation as so much time has been lost
Photo of Annette Harris

Annette Harris

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am going to down load the company files and put to the desk top version until they fix this issue once I can get in.  I feel very sorry for you.  Thought I had it bad.  
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

The desktop version is not an option for us Mac Users unless we decided to install a virtual machine - which has not been approved by our Powers that Be....
Photo of Nikita

Nikita

Oh! Is this an option for accounts hosted users?  I'd love to have this option.
Could someone direct me to where I could find more info on this please?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Nikita,

All Hosted customers are entitled a single user copy of Reckon Accounts Enterprise (Desktop). Give our Customer Service team a call and we'll be able to organise that for you.
Photo of Maria Paul

Maria Paul

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How much longer is this going to go on for? I am in desperate need to be able to log in and get some work done!!!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

The issues highlighted in this thread are resolved Maria.

If you're experiencing an issue with Hosted please create a new thread with some details on what is happening and we can go from there.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

In order to completely address the performance issues that some of you are still experiencing in regard to Hosted services, we will be performing maintenance on the affected file servers tonight from 10:00pm (AEST).

During this time, some users will be unable to use Hosted services. We're aiming to keep this short and have it wrapped up in approximately an hour timeframe.

Apologies for the late notice and for all the hassle caused this afternoon.
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Rav, I have just spent the last 40 minutes getting ONE invoice and delivery docket done. Can you please tell me if a Rebuild will help the clunky speed issue? I was able to get in yesterday, however, it took me 1 1/2 hours to prepare 5 invoices and delivery dockets. I am not even attempting anything like Reconcilliations etc until this is resolved. BUT I do need to do Payroll tomorrow....

Obviously, I don't want to bother with this time consuming (at the best of times) process if it won't have any positive effect on the speed of the system.

Look forward to your advice.

P.S. I tried to Verify the Data... but it failed after 15 minutes.
(Edited)
Photo of Annette Harris

Annette Harris

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Vivien,  I am going down load the desk top version and process until this issue is resolved.  I like you don't have time to waste. Good luck Annette
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,826 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vivien,

A verify and rebuild is always recommended to ensure there are no errors or corruption in your file.

I'd also recommend that you check out and perform the steps contained in this KB to get the best performance from your file -
How to improve the performance of your QBI company file
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Rav, do you have instructions for Mac users. Also, you should advise others that this option is only available to Mac Users if they install a Virtual Machine. Your IT people won't support that, though...

I have done the rebuild and logged off remote sessions - but my file is still running super slow and glitchy...
Photo of Sami Ghori

Sami Ghori

• 60 Points
Hello Rav,

I use a software called Foodstorm, to create and receive online orders. When I try to link it with Reckon, it allows me to log into Reckon accounts hosted, but when I enter the file location and the admin log in details, it throws an error saying "Internal Sever Error"

I've tried using the shared file location and also a Q: Folder file, but all results in the same error. 

Is this issue also because of the current ongoing problem?

Please advise.

Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.