RESOLVED - Reckon Accounts Hosted - Missing Files 25 February

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We are receiving reports from a small number of customers that they cannot see the most recent version of some files.  Our engineers are investigating this urgently.

Further updates will be provided here.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

*UPDATE*
2/3 10:05am AEDT

Hi everyone,
A final update on this issue.

We have been in contact with everyone experiencing this issue and I am pleased to advise that file access has been restored.

If you believe you are still experiencing this issue and have not been in contact with us, please give our Support team a call as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience during this time.

Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 92,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sam Clements

Sam Clements

• 70 Points
My backup files have disappeared showing the recent dated May 2015!
When I open my company file the last entry was dated 8th May 2015!
I hope the engineers can find all my recent backups!!
Sheree Clements
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have just logged in and can't open any files... actually, I can't even FIND any files. Although the virtual drives say they are there, and there is data in there, I can't see any files listed AT ALL. I have my Q and B drives, but that's as far as it goes.... ARRRGGHHH!
(Edited)
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

I got in touch with tech support around 12:30 today and was supposed to receive a call back to let me know when the issue was resolved. I just tried logging back in to see if there had been a resolution and I just hadn't been contacted, but no - still no files :(
Photo of Pamela Riley

Pamela Riley

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have 3 companies I am trying to work on & am unable to get anything later than 2015!   How am I meant to work today?
Photo of Georges Rawstorne

Georges Rawstorne

• 60 Points
Hi Rav

We have the same problem. We spent the last 3 days updating our file in preparation for BAS, only to find the file missing this morning.

We have logged a request with your online team, who made it sound as if it was our fault, which I think is totally unprofessional.  He is asking us for the exact name of the file, but with all due respect, it is not something we pay that much attention to.

Please advise when this issue will be resolved.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's really disappointing to hear Georges and I'm very sorry that you had that experience.

At the moment the team are trying to obtain as many examples, and as much specific information as possible on all affected cases so we can identify a pattern and implement a resolution. I'm very sorry to hear this wasn't handled in the best way on your call.

Yes I'll definitely keep this thread update with further information when it comes to hand. Stay tuned.

Thank you
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing.

This is currently being investigated at the highest priority by both our IT and technical support team.

We do ask however that you give our support team a call if you haven't already so that we can gather your individual examples for further investigation.

Thank you
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Just to reiterate this issue is impacting a very limited number of users. If you are affected, please get in touch with our Technical Support team as soon as possible so we can attain your individual examples and details for further investigation.

I'll share more information here as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your patience.

Rav
Photo of Anne Colla

Anne Colla

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can you provide a tech support number that won't cost $4.90 per minute?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Anne,
Reckon Accounts Hosted subscriptions include free technical support.
The contact number for our Accounts Hosted support team is 1300 799 150

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Anne Colla

Anne Colla

Thanks
Photo of Pam Lavers

Pam Lavers

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also have BAS's due for lodgment.  I could not access my file last night.  This morning there was a file with the latest entries in May 2015.  I reported this to your Technical Support team first thing this morning.  This is a huge problem for our business.  Please advise when it will be rectified.
Photo of Lucretia Accounts

Lucretia Accounts

• 62 Points
Our company`s file meet the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Really sorry to hear that Lucretia
If you haven't already, can you please get in touch with our Accounts Hosted support team so we can assist you.
Photo of Pam Lavers

Pam Lavers

Yes, almost 24 hours now without access to records and no idea when it will be resolved.  Nowhere near good enough.
Photo of Julie Bryan

Julie Bryan

We have 3 company files 2 of which have vanished completely, the 3rd is showing the last transaction as being the 13th May '15'. Need a solution fast please....
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Julie,
Can you please get in touch with our Support team as soon as possible so we can look into this for you.

Thank you
Rav
Photo of Pam Lavers

Pam Lavers

I have just logged on and our file is back, thank goodness.  I hope the issue has been resolved.
Photo of Julie Bryan

Julie Bryan

Thanks Rav,
We called this morning with no resolution as yet.
Photo of Julie Bryan

Julie Bryan

Look like it is all fixed, thanks for your help...huge relief
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone,

We have now identified the cause of some users not seeing the most recent version of some of their files so we can now work on implementing a solution as soon as practical.

We'd like to re-iterate that this problem has impacted a small number of users. Please check your data file again and if you still have old data in your file, please give us a call. Our technician will be able to help you with your lost data.

Once again we are very sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and we thank you for your patience. 

regards,
John
Photo of Anne Colla

Anne Colla

My files haven't come back yet. I noticed someone else is still having a problem too. Have you finished working on it? I will be calling support in the morning but wondered if there is more work being done tonight. I was also advised when I spoke to supporr that they would call when problem was solved. Haven't heard from them yet
(Edited)
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

I just logged in to check again Anna, and I still don't have my files back. :( 
Photo of Warren Hayden

Warren Hayden

• 60 Points
Hello Anne

I have just log on to check my information so I can prepare Bas Statement And I lost all my files as well as back up which was recently done on the 23/2/2016
All information is gone
Photo of Briony Twittey

Briony Twittey

• 60 Points
Any word. I have rung the help line - no help. Files are all gone - only ones available are from May 2015. BAS is due in 3 days and I fly out for my holiday tomorrow. Really not freaking happy.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
Our IT team have been working hard to get this issue resolved. As mentioned above, the cause of the issue has been identified and initial remedial work conducted which has restored files for some users.

Further work is continuing to address missing files with the small number of remaining users.

If you're affected by this issue and have not been in touch with our Technical Support team yet, we strongly encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible so we can assist with your lost data.

Thank you
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Cameron Twittey

Cameron Twittey

• 60 Points
I still don't have my files. Do I ring customer service again or just wait. This is ridiculous. I fly out tomorrow morning and BAS is due. Will definitely be changing providers after this.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing Cameron and I can fully appreciate that the timing couldn't be worse with your impending flight.

Our Support team are getting in touch with the small amount of affected users remaining as we speak. I've had a look and you're definitely on the list. You'll be receiving a call shortly from a senior technician.

Thanks
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Tania Richards

Tania Richards

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi is there any more news this morning?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Tania & everyone

The cause of the issue is due to a very limited number of user accounts pointing to a certain file server which developed issues.

Our team have been able to move the majority of affected users who did not make changes to their company files yesterday to a new server which has restored access to their files.

As mentioned above, if you still do not have access to your data, please get in touch with our Support team this morning so we can work with you to restore any missing data.

If you have any questions, please let us know

Thanks

Rav

Photo of Tania Richards

Tania Richards

Mine is working - I was told by two different customer service people that I would get a phone call when it was working so to stop calling.  No phone call so have just wasted 3 hours of my day when it was working all along.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

That's really disappointing to hear, I'm very sorry about that Tania.

I'll have a word with the teams around this to ensure the correct expectations are being communicated and pass on this feedback.

Rav
Photo of Chrystal Richards

Chrystal Richards

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
For the past 2 days, after i log on to hosted and not use for a minute it tends to abort and i'm having to re login over and over again.

It isn't my internet connection as i have access to all my other programs!

Does this have anything to do with the current issues at all?

Very frustrating when doing customer sales throughout the day!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi there Chrystal,
What you've described isn't a reported symptom related to the missing file issue some users have been experiencing at the moment, although it does sound rather annoying!

I've found a KB article that might be of some help -
http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4295

Take a look, see if it helps and let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Tania Richards

Tania Richards

Hi Rav - I did get my phone call to say it was working but not until nearly 1:30 today & I had already found out from this post.  I'm sure they had a few people to ring - hopefully it doesn't happen again but maybe in future a generic email to everyone affected first so they can get back to work & then the personalised phone call when they can.
Photo of Susanne Jack

Susanne Jack

• 72 Points
Received a phone call several hours ago and techs were still working on getting my files back. Have heard nothing since and, of course, have no files to work with and BAS due on Monday. Are they still working on the problem or have they gone home for the weekend
(Edited)
Photo of Tania Czislowski

Tania Czislowski

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are you still working on the problem, I still have no files and 4 BAS's still to be done by Monday as well as enter all the data.  I have phoned 3 times since yesterday for updates, it would be good to be kept in the loop as promised on the phone yesterday morning.  Why can't Reckon use back-up of servers that is supposedly done to get everyone up and running quickly.  I was told when enquiring about joining that this was done so if there was any failure everyone could be restored quickly and little down time.  Why are some fixed and not others, please someone give us some explanations.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Tania,
Check out one of my posts above which outlines the cause of the issue along with why some files have been restored.

The support team have been working through to contact all remaining affected users in order to assist in the retrieval of their missing files. They've been trying their best to get in touch with everyone and this will continue.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience,

Rav

Tania Czislowski

You said they have been trying their best to get in touch with us, I haven't left my phone since early yesterday morning when I first got told they would call me back within a couple of hours and there has been no calls yet or any missed calls showing up.  Will they keep working with the week-end started or are they going to leave us in limbo.

Tania Czislowski

Rav
Could you please tell me if they are still working on fixing my files being that it is Saturday.
Photo of Jeanette

Jeanette

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Like wise. I first reported the issue on Thursday morning and if I had not called yesterday I would not have heard from anyone.  I would also like to know where I am in the queue as I believe I have been very patient for the last 50 Hours!! But this will become short lived 
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

I've been receiving a few emails from a tech support worker yesterday, and was expecting to have my files restored as of last night - however this certainly hasn't happened, and I've had no further updates. I know I'm not alone in saying that I hope there are staff working on this over the weekend!! We need answers...

Tania Czislowski

Rav you know to avoid penalty we can't just call ATO close to or on the day the BAS's are due anymore, an application had to be made online well before the due date to ensure we do not get penalty and I have 4 left to enter work for and lodge plus I go away on Wednesday and work at another job until then so I really need this problem to be fixed now please and will still have to work all nights as well as day to even get near the finish if you fix it now. Please why is some fixed and not all of ours.  Surely after this long with the backups they can get us up and running again.  Will someone give us the courtesy of a call with a personal update pleaseeeee.

Tania Czislowski

Yes I hope we aren't sitting here waiting thinking they are working on it now and will be fixed any moment and they aren't working over the week-end, but not one is saying anything.  Interesting you have had emails from tech support Annette as I have only had contact every time I call them.
Photo of Tania Richards

Tania Richards

Tania Czislowski - the ATO wont penalise you due to the issue - I know its painful to ring them & be on hold forever but they will give you an extension (probably 2/3 weeks) hopefully its all fixed today.

Tania Czislowski

I know it should be but I can tell you last time i requested at the due date time on the phone a few BAS's ago, even with good reason, was told had to apply online well before due date to be considered. whether it is because of being BAS agent then? don't know!! 
Photo of Dale Kaschula

Dale Kaschula

• 60 Points
Yesterday I managed to work, but today after a few hours working I cannot log back into my file????
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Really sorry to hear that Dale!
Have you been in touch with our Support team to log a case as yet?
If not, I strongly recommend giving our Hosted Support team a call as soon as possible so we can investigate and work with you to restore access.
Photo of Kathy

Kathy

Seriously Reckon, I reported the issue on Thursday morning and was advised someone will call me back between half to an hour. It's 5.30pm on Saturday and have not heard from anyone yet. At least a curtesy call or a quick email to update me on the situation will be much appreciated!!!
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

Reckon, this is absolute crap! Businesses don't just operate 9-5 Mon-Fri and neither should you!! You keep saying that only a small number of accounts have been affected and that no data has been lost - so fix the issue or restore a backup and give us back our files so we can run our businesses. 
At the very least, give us a decent apology, a timeline for resolution, and regular updates until EVERYONEs files are restored!!
Photo of Jeanette

Jeanette

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Rav  I believe your title is Community Manager, Have your no comment to make or is it that you have the weekend off.  This whole debacle has just lost the business that supports you money as I am sure many accounts once back up and running will then disappear.  So no winners at this stage!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Jeanette, Annette and Kathy

I can fully appreciate your frustration and I unreservedly apologise that you're still affected by this issue.

If you have already logged a support call in relation to this issue, the team have been moving through to contact everyone and work with them on an individual level to restore any missing files.

As has been mentioned above, the first port of call, if it hasn't been done already, is to get in touch with our technical support team. Each file is unique and performing a general restoration from a backup as has been mentioned in this thread will not resolve the issue for everyone. A senior technician will work with you on a case by case basis towards a resolution.

I have asked our Support team to locate your Hosted accounts using your Community details and get in touch with you individually.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Kathy Hare

Kathy Hare, Accredited Partner

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Rav

I too am experiencing issues, although you say it is only affecting a small number of files each and every file is important and at this time (ie 1 day from BAS lodgement) frustration levels will be at a premium.
My feedback to you is that as an on-line hosted product we should now be able to access some form of technical support outside "normal business hours". I have files affected and ones that are fine - this shotgun approach to failure concerns me as to the integrity of all our files currently. Do you have some form of assurance that the files are intact?
My second comment is that as it is outside of "business hours" it will be nearly 24 hours before I can contact technical support to begin the process - where does that leave those clients of mine with file integrity issues?
Photo of Aileen Brauer

Aileen Brauer

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, I experienced the problem on Thursday last week 25/02, but when I logged in with optimism very early on Friday morning 26/02, the problem seemed to have rectified and I could again see my data. Yesterday, however, I logged in and can only see up to May 2015 again. Yesterday, I emailed Technical Support but am worried they will overlook my email thinking the problem had been fixed (permanently). Could you please ensure I am in their queue again? Thank you.

Tania Czislowski

Rav 

I tried to gain contact with tech support team by sending this following email hoping someone would respond but nothing so as Kathy said how are we supposed to talk to anyone when it is outside your business hours.  Can you update me please - 

" I had a call this afternoon (Saturday) and was told that someone else that had authority to access my computer was going to look at fixing it this afternoon and that they would call me as soon as it was done.  Anything yet?"

Are reckon going to reimburse us with the ATO penalties for all the late BAS forms tomorrow and interest on the overdue money because if I don't get them done today/tonight that is what I am faced with for 3 BAS as I have other job I am employed at through the week.  The BAS form penalty isn't a small fee either.  I am very anxious now.

Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

Ok Rav, this is getting beyond a joke.  You SAY that senior techs are working on this and we will receive calls. 
I reported my missing file on Thursday around 12:30 SA time. I have a case number. I had the tech who took my original call emailing me 3 times on Friday to let me know they were still working on it, and he replied when I queried him on it. My last email was around 3pm on Friday. They were expecting my files to be restored that afternoon or evening. 
I had been able to give them my file name, the last time I was working on the file, and what times I had accessed it this week. They had my account details so they could access my records. All good so far...I could deal with that. 
Its Sunday 3pm and I still don't have access to my files, no updates, no phonecall. I have staff wagest to calculate, superannuation to submit, and suppliers to pay. My only ray of sunshine is that I submitted my BAS on time, so I won't have the ATO on my back. 
I'm going to say the C word..... What sort of compensation is Reckon going to offer us for the additional work we're going to have to do if our files are lost and never to be seen again, which with every passing hour becomes more and more a real prospect.... about the BAS statements which people are not going to be able to submit... about the staff that might not get paid, and the suppliers that will not be paid on time. 
Whatever you do for the 'small number' of customers affected by this, which is very insulting by the way, it had better be very good. I've been with Reckon for over 20 years, upgrading most years and then converting to hosted after lots of assurances regarding how 'safe and secure' the files were, and how quickly issues would be resolved. A few issues have shaken my faith, but this is destroying it very quickly. Fix it NOW Reckon.
We've waiting long enough. If there is only a 'small number' of accounts affected, then it shouldn't be hard to keep us all updated. Personally. A phone call would be nice. I'd appreciate an email. Or even better. RESTORE OUR FILES!!
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

UPDATE - Its 10pm on Sunday. I just logged on again, hoping... still no files. Has anyone else had success today?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Annette,
I've updated the thread below including reference to your individual case.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kathy Hare,

I totally agree, each and every file is most certainly important and the timing of this issue is incredibly frustrating, although I guess there is no "good time" to experience a technical issue.

From my dialogue with our IT specialists, I have been advised that no files have been lost. The cause of this issue is that a small number of accounts were pointed at an older version of their data folders. 

Once a case is logged with our Hosted Support team and investigation completed, we are contacting each affected user that have made changes in that older folder before redirecting them to the correct folder to ensure any changes made over the last few days are not lost.

In regard to the point you've raised in relation to Support, the extension of our Support hours/availability is a key focus at the moment and there is a lot of work being completed already by a number of teams to make this a reality.

Please get in touch with us if you haven't done so already and we can get a case logged to get this moving along for you.

Thank you
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kathy Hare,

I totally agree, each and every file is most certainly important and the timing of this issue is incredibly frustrating, although I guess there is no "good time" to experience a technical issue.

From my dialogue with our IT specialists, I have been advised that no files have been lost. The cause of this issue is that a small number of accounts were pointed at an older version of their data folders. 

Once a case is logged with our Hosted Support team and investigation completed, we are contacting each affected user that have made changes in that older folder before redirecting them to the correct folder to ensure any changes made over the last few days are not lost.

In regard to the point you've raised in relation to Support, the extension of our Support hours/availability is a key focus at the moment and there is a lot of work being completed already by a number of teams to make this a reality.

Please get in touch with us if you haven't done so already and we can get a case logged to get this moving along for you.

Thank you
Rav
Photo of Susanne Jack

Susanne Jack

• 72 Points
Could we please have an update on what and when this issue is going to be fixed
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,492 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Working on that as we speak Susanne.

Will update the thread shortly.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The cause of the issue is due to a very limited number of user accounts pointing to a certain file server which developed issues. 

For the users who still do have access to their file, our IT team are going through each individual user to find which file server you are on now and then which file server you need to be on. Unfortunately, this does take time and is not an automated process.

Annette, Tania, Aileen & Susanne -
I have personally seen to it that your cases have been escalated and are in the current batch for investigation for the above the work to be completed.

Jeanette - 
I believe our IT team have just completed work to restore your file. Please take a look when you can and let me know

Again, I do sincerely apologise for the immense frustration and inconvenience this is causing everyone and the team are working hard to resolve all cases as quickly as possible.

I will update the thread again shortly.

Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Aileen Brauer -
I've just received an update from our IT team in regard to your case. Can you please advise if you're able to access your file when you've got a chance.

Thanks,
Rav
Photo of Kathy

Kathy

Hi Rav,

How much longer do we need to wait? Our case number is 4848663.

Thanks

Kathy
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kathy,
Funnily enough I was actually just talking to our Support team about your case!

I've seen to it that your case has been escalated and will be investigated. I can't give you a timeframe just yet but it's on the way, bear with us.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Our Support team are reiterating, if you are experiencing this issue and cannot access your file, please get in touch and have a case logged if you haven't already done so.

The team are proactively making contact with affected users to work with them on this issue, however getting in touch us can expedite this process where possible.

Thank you everyone for your co-operation and patience with us.
We are fully aware that this issue is immensely frustrating, not to mention inconvenient, and we sincerely apologise to all our users who have been impacted.
Photo of Sue Brown

Sue Brown

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also waiting since last week.  Was told mid morning to try in an hour -  still no success and waiting for a call back 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Sue,
If you haven't heard back from the team as yet let me know your case number and I'll see where things are at.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Sue Brown

Sue Brown

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
thanks I have my file back tonight.  
Photo of Annette Tainsh

Annette Tainsh

I am pleased to report that I have my files back, and seems up to date. Thanks Leon in Tech Support for keeping me as updated as he could throughout this debacle. 
Rav, I don't envy you your job, but I really hope that this serves to highlight some of the flaws in Reckon's customer support services and we can see some improvements going forward. I'm still going to be actively checking out other options, because really the delay in file restoration was unacceptable.
It's going to take quite a while for my faith in the 'cloud' to be restored once more. 

I still cannot access anything!
Havent had any calls from Reckon and the said they would call me back within an hour (that was last Thursday morning!)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

That doesn't sound too good, I'm really sorry about that Cheyanne.

Can I grab your Case number please so I can follow up with our Support team.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Cheyanne,
I've had a chat with our Support team in relation to your particular case which shows that it's just been completed today.

Could you please fully log out and then back in and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Aileen Brauer

Aileen Brauer

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

Thank you for the Technical Support team and your efforts this morning to restore my account. I was grateful for the professional response - frequent updates and a prompt confirmation of when the problem had been confirmed as fully fixed.

Whilst there was no need to employ any Business Resilience actions on my part, I was prepared to do so as is necessary for any critical system.

Kind regards
Aileen
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Really happy to hear you're back up and running Aileen. I'll pass on your feedback to the folks in our support team :)

Thank you so much for your patience during this frustrating issue, and apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,
A final update on this issue.

We have been in contact with everyone experiencing this issue and I am pleased to advise that file access has been restored.

If you believe you are still experiencing this issue and have not been in contact with us, please give our Support team a call as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience during this time.

Rav

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.