Reckon Accounts Hosted - Request Error (30 January 2018)

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating early reports of issues access Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Reports show that launching Hosted leads to the following screen below -

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing, we've got the team on this as we speak.

I'll keep you posted with more information

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,194 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't log in this morning - REQUEST ERROR?.

REQUEST ERROR message!
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
same and need to complete work asap
Photo of John Zhang

John Zhang

• 744 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot Login Reckon (Request Error).

It has this error popping up: The server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for more details.
Photo of A Balancing Act

A Balancing Act, Accredited Partner

• 1,914 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RECKON - pleeaassse?.

I'm going to say it again - and I'm feeling somewhat more frustrated than yesterday because I have wages to process. 

WHY OH WHY not be proactive and put a post on here when you know Reckon Hosted is down.

PLEEEEAAASSEEE  ???? 
Photo of Shi-SCS

Shi-SCS

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
REV, you don't understand not one bit, Its not your money your losing or Its our hard work. While I pay for your wages I am here struggling to do Invoicing.
This is nothing but an absolute JOKE.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 62,748 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Shi-SCS
Its certainly no joke to us, and we're doing everything we can to put things right as quick as possible. I appreciate your frustration and obviously we're not trying to make things harder on the productivity of our users as that is in no one's best interest.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Nathan Elcoate, Accredited Partner

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Second outage in two weeks is not good enough.
Photo of Tracey Doherty

Tracey Doherty

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav Do we have an ETA on this being fixed. I am not getting an error but do have a black screen.

Thanks Tracey 
Photo of Helen Case

Helen Case

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am running out of time to get wages & suppliers paid.  What is the ETA on getting access again please?
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Log in issues.....again......

This has made up my mind. I've just lost a tender due to this rubbish system. AND I'll be filing for compensation, this is so unprofessional it's not funny.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The Hosted team look to have identified the cause and are proceeding with remedial action as we speak.

I should have another update very soon. Really appreciate your patience everyone, I know this is frustrating particularly on the back of yesterday's issue as well and I sincerely apologise.

I'll keep you all posted.
Photo of Kylie Fischer

Kylie Fischer

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any idea how much longer?
Photo of Shelley Colombet

Shelley Colombet

• 62 Points
any update?  I have had to cancel a very important meeting as I cannot access reports required
Photo of Marc

Marc

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Xero here we come.
Unprofessional and unacceptable
Photo of Sandy Jones

Sandy Jones

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is the error message I am getting - Error: -6177, 0
Reckon Accounts cannot use the path to open the company file
How do I resolve this?
Photo of Sandy Jones

Sandy Jones

Hi Rav, am still getting the same message when I try to log in even though the last login was about 1 1/2 hours ago.  Has there been any progress?
Photo of Shi-SCS

Shi-SCS

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled account hosted - Request Error.

AGAINN!!! This is becoming a joke Reckon. Its 2018 I don't understand how this can happen why don't you invest some of the money we pay for membership to have a second serve when one keeps on crashing. We change to Reckon from MYOB and know I understand this is a big Mistake I have made. As its so misleading when you say an Australian Company yet, I have never spoken to Australian person.

Request Error

The server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for more details.

I will like to see more people put this complaints to fair trading and ACCC.

This is becoming a joke and someone needs to to action.
Photo of Marshall Ghiotti

Marshall Ghiotti

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Not again! I'm bloody sick of it!!
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

• 866 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It's got to the point that I will have to search for a new software vendor rather than renew this year. I have been with Reckon for over 10 years. The program has barely changed in that time. It is not really cloud based - just uses Terminal Servers - which clearly can't handle the load. It is slow, reports can take up to 10 minutes to run. I have stayed purely due to the inventory module - which is great.
Photo of Brad

Brad

Same boat Sue, I will be shifting from Reckon without doubt. Every system must have good and bad but now I'm really p****ed
Photo of Shi-SCS

Shi-SCS

I am the same, Please let me know if you could recommend any then Reckon.
I have been on the phone, since this morning. I finally got to speak to someone in actual Customer Service who speak English and instead of giving a Credit they gave 1 week extension.  This doesn't solve the problem but Ill still put a claim and will move elsewhere.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Quick update - This issue is impacting only new connections that are being made to Hosted ie. those who are currently trying to log in.

For those who are already logged into Hosted you are unaffected and can continue your session.
(Edited)
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That's great, I just logged out to change users - FANTASTIC,  GREAT START TO THE DAY
Why Reckon, yesterday today what is going to happen tomorrow 
Photo of Mel Gorsuch

Mel Gorsuch

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

I was logged in and had been for a few hours this morning and I got thrown out about an hour or so ago! I was in the middle of printing an invoice and got a black screen! We are all getting frustrated with this!! Really poor!!
Photo of Helen Case

Helen Case

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
That is not true Rav.  I was logged in and my screen froze and then booted me out.  I've not been able to get back in since.
Photo of Darryl

Darryl

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Bullshit
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,776 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I too have had many, many problems with Reckon, today I don't seem to be having any.  I am still in and working at the moment..........  I too get frustrated when Hosted crashes and agree that it needs a complete overhaul and needs BIG, BIG improvements.  Please remember that Australia is a multi cultural country and don't assume that an accent means that they are not Australian and they cannot help you.
Photo of Shi-SCS

Shi-SCS

Hi Kerrie, 
When I said Australian I am not referring to anything but when a Company state Australian Company and Australian based you would assume they are in Australia and would resolve an issue that occurs that often.

Photo of Darryl

Darryl

They are not in Australia, we are searching for why it is slow and found we are going through 39 hosts ans 3 servers outside Australia( Do a trace on your internet path)
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 18,764 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Very interesting observation, Darryl.
John L G
Photo of Brad

Brad

Correct, correct, and correct....
Photo of Michael Mcilrick

Michael Mcilrick

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is ridiculous, I will just pay my staff to all sit around while we wait for this useless system to be patched up again. I have now spent more in wages for my staff to wait than a years worth of multiple user hosting.. We will be looking elsewhere when it comes time to renew... Oh and you think we will be compensated for lost time and wages because of the incompetence of this software provider... HA yea right.... 
Photo of Robyn

Robyn

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do you have any idea how long it will take to have reckon hosted back up?????????....
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Initial remedial work performed by our Hosted dev team in an effort to resolve the current issue has unfortunately proved ineffective so further work is ongoing at this stage.

I don't have an ETA right now however I expect to have another update soon to share.
Photo of Darryl

Darryl

How do I process a claim for lost sales and wasted wages because of the POOR performance of this programme
Photo of MG

MG

This really needs to fixed correctly not bandaged, this is costing too much time and money, I have only been able to login for about 3 days out of the last 10 and now cannot login again!!
Photo of Michael Mcilrick

Michael Mcilrick

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You do realise its EOM tomorrow so i can imagine I'm not the only one wanting to pay creditors this morning. Useless!!!!
I will take a backup asap and work on my PC till all is resolved
Photo of John Zhang

John Zhang

It is completely our faults as users, we should login to Reckon before the issue started and we shouldn't logout after the issue incurred.

I sincerely apologies as a user.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,332 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at there John, my previous update stating this is impacting new login attempts was made in an effort to preempt any users who are currently logged in to STAY logged in and avoid this issue.
Photo of Chris Anscombe

Chris Anscombe

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sarcasm, probably due to frustration, I would suggest.
Photo of Di

Di

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm in everybody - go and try now
Photo of Anthony Gown

Anthony Gown

• 60 Points
I was logged in but it was so slow it was almost pointless trying;  then I tried to email a report then the system hung and now I'm F'd
Photo of Darryl

Darryl

Rav your statement is a lie we were logged in and going well but your issue threw us off so how do we stay logged in when the programm shuts us out
Photo of Julie Ogilvie

Julie Ogilvie

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Nothing new to add to the other complaints, I’m adding another frustrated voice to the void in the wilderness.

Photo of Charles DaLast

Charles DaLast

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is absurd. Have been trying to log in without success all morning. I have customers waiting for invoices so I can ship good to them today.

Your product is costing me money. When will this be fixed? 
Photo of GJB

GJB

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was ok at 8.00 this morning, then I had to get out of Reckon to load some ATO software, and now I'm as stuffed as everyone else!  Nice going - two days in a row.
Photo of John Zhang

John Zhang

Well, today is just Tuesday, still three days to go.
Photo of Chris Anscombe

Chris Anscombe

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Grrrrr.
Photo of John Zhang

John Zhang

I apologies to Reckon due to the unhappy customers and all of the frustration toward Reckon, we made a huge mistake that we have chosen you in the beginning. 
Photo of Kerry Smith

Kerry Smith

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Drove all the way to Melbourne to work and have been sitting here doing nothing for an hour and a half. Please, Please get it fixed or I will be here till midnight.

Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

• 446 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
what the hell is going on now? 2 days in a row...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.