Reckon Accounts Hosted - Request Error (30 January 2018)

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating early reports of issues access Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Reports show that launching Hosted leads to the following screen below -

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing, we've got the team on this as we speak.

I'll keep you posted with more information

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,476 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Vicki

Vicki

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Seriously.... still  or should I say again !!!  Not quite sure!  AM sure that this is a huge inconvenience though!!  Come on surely someone must know how to fix it !!
Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

• 466 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Request Error: The server encountered an error processing the request. See server....

i cant login. thought you fixed all the issues yesterday, whats going on now ?
Photo of Sharlene Phillimore

Sharlene Phillimore

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Not just Australian customers effected.  I am in NZ and I have now had 2 days of very little work.  Every minute I cannot work is lost income for me.  I did everything I could that didn't involve the accounting package during the outage yesterday. Today is completely unproductive. Should I be referring all the late penalties and interest for late filing of GST returns to Reckon.  Going to have some very unhappy clients.
Photo of Michael Mcilrick

Michael Mcilrick

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is beyond a joke, our bookkeeper comes in for 4 hrs every Tuesday Morning... I guess we wont be paying creditors this month... Get your S**t together Reckon!!!!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi again everyone,

The Hosted team are about to deliver further remedial work shortly in an effort to resolve this issue.

Hang in there guys, I know its frustrating particularly on the back of issues yesterday as well. The Hosted guys and girls are doing everything they can to get things back up as quick as possible and again, our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration.
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
come on your supposed to be the gurus
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,700 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Rav, 

it seems like whenever we have "an upgrade" we have problems. Clearly, there is not enough testing done !  I just feel that we have to wait so long for any improvements - and then they turn out to be half arsed anyway... With the printing option - why doesn't the print button get highlighted immediately instead of the Options button - this means another click with the archaic mouse ! The new and improved Copy and Paste is nothing different at all ... I still have to escape out of the stupid clipboard that pops up even if I only want to copy and paste within Hosted...

Also, considering Hosted "supports Mac users" - it is completely unacceptable that we STILL don't have access to a single user Desktop version of our file like the Windows users have.  If I had known this, I would never have transitioned over to Hosted!!

Maybe the developers need to work with long time users of your product to truly understand how WE use it and not how they think we SHOULD use it.

My End of Month has gone to hell now....
(Edited)
Photo of Tracy B

Tracy B

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm in!  It's snails pace, but I'm back in...  happy days.  Thank you
Photo of Toni

Toni

• 2,736 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
In NZ and back online now - hopefully for everyone else it happens soon :-)
Photo of Vicki

Vicki

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Woo hoo!! sorry to gloat everyone but I'm back in, I hope you all are soon too!!!
Photo of Caroline Plowman

Caroline Plowman

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm still struggling....
Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

me too
Photo of Ingrid Hughes

Ingrid Hughes

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I was in, then kicked out : (
Photo of Jen

Jen

• 60 Points
Still can't get in.
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,648 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Mine is now stuck on the black "Connected to Accounts Hosted" screen ....
Photo of Jenni Gibson

Jenni Gibson

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Me too very frustrating.

Sharlene Phillimore

I'm in but too slow to actually use.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 22,740 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I am in now, but note that it probably took at least two minutes, with each step along the way taking a lot longer than normal, before moving on. Hopefully, if you let it run its own course, you will connect.
John L G
Photo of Kenny

Kenny

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
new error now - trying to access company file but cannot contact the database server
Photo of Kenny

Kenny

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
in now yay
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,648 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yep, mine is crashing after trying to connect for a good 15 minutes ... because now the screen has gone from black to white with that light blue stripe across the top.
Cheers :-)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,

While some users may be able to connect to Hosted we're not out of the woods just yet. We're continuing to work on this and we should have access up and running for everyone very soon.
(Edited)
Photo of Wendy Ennor

Wendy Ennor

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How much longer now??????
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Still waiting - ETA please
Photo of Caroline Plowman

Caroline Plowman

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I got in now: took about 15 minutes of loading but just let it run....
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

Thanks so i have another 14mins to wait
Photo of Vanessa Lander

Vanessa Lander

YES about time too
Photo of Brett Epi

Brett Epi

IM IN! GOD BLESS AMERICA
Photo of Grant

Grant

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Not happy at all! Reckon messed with their print function and we can't print 2 copies of even though the templates are set up that way. Used to be able to choose which printer and now we can only print to the computers default printer. Sent an online support request on 17/1/18 and still got no reply. I think 'WRECKIN' would be a more appropriate way to spell 'RECKON'. Please get your act into gear.
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

I agree Grant, 

I print multiple versions of forms using different templates to serve different purposes within our business - now I have to use my printer's system dialogue to achieve the same ... so once again it's a plus minus zero :(
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

P.S. The copy and paste function was always there - but Mac users needed to use the control key instead of their usual command key. Just sounds like it was a fluke, and the developers finally came across it. Personally, I found it yonks ago by accident, however, I previously didn't have to worry about the clipboard popping up ... the upgrade before this last one wrecked that for me... 
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 24,044 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Grant.  These were some findings of mine following some extensive testing two weeks ago.  You might find something here which could help you with your problem:

Hi RAV.  After extensive testing, I can report the following issues to you, regarding printing something like an invoice, when using Internet Explorer

1.  Whilst one can change the Reckon Printer options so that the page size changes from Letter to A4, and save it, this only remains operative whilst the current session is open.  Exit out of Hosted or get kicked out of Hosted and one has to go through the whole process once again.

2.  On one's computer, whichever printer is set as the default, this becomes the only printer available to Hosted during the current session.

3.  If one changes the computer's default printer whilst a Hosted session is open, one can send a test page to the changed printer when making the change, and it works.  However, Hosted has hijacked the original printer which was operative at the time the session opened, and no amount of trying, will allow another default printer to be accessed by Hosted, during that same session.

4.  CTRL P brings up a dialogue box which allows printing to any of the system's printer, but, all that this does is to do a screen shot rather a print of the invoice.  This was the same before the upgrade, so there is no change here.

The tests were done on a Windows 10 machine with 16GB of RAM and using Internet Explorer as the browser of choice.

But wait, there is more and finally some GOOD NEWS.  I decided to try Google Chrome to see what the story was there and, lo and behold, most of the same issues are no longer issues within Chrome.  Pressing the print button acts the same as in IE, but, this time around there is finally a printer dialogue box which allows one to select whatever printer is available, including my own PDF program (in this case Microsoft Print to PDF).  The only issue which still remains, from what I can see, is that changing the printer properties to select A4 instead of Letter, still only remains operative during the current session.  However, as that is easy to fix, I might finally be able to go back to Chrome again.  The only lingering other issue is the fact that some desktop version shortcuts still revert to Windows shortcuts when using Chrome, but I might be happy to live with that, if everything else works OK.

John L G
Photo of Grant

Grant

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thanks John, that's helpful. Chrome does work better and is reasonably easy to manually adjust the print quantity but automatically printing the number of pages as set in the template settings would be better for simplicity and consistency. It's a shame that basic functions we'd expect in reckon need to rely on browser functions that are subject to change when google & windows etc update their browsers.

(Edited)
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

• 866 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Looks like another wasted day. BAS won't get finished today. At least it is giving me time to look at other options.
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was using the system fine for all of about 4 minutes then. Now I am frozen and can't even log out to try and log in again. :(
Photo of MG

MG

Me too
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

If you are currently attempting to log into Hosted or have just logged in, you will notice slowness/performance issues due to the influx of login attempts currently.

We're still continuing to work on the issue itself as well so we're not quite there yet.
Photo of Wendy Ennor

Wendy Ennor

An ETA would be good
Photo of Liz McGrath

Liz McGrath

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I got back in, did a backup and am now working on the desktop version until things get sorted.
Glad to have the desktop version as a backup, but learned the lesson to backup up data file at the end of each day. That's online software for you!
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

I'm a Mac user... they don't have a desktop version available for me :( 
Photo of Liz McGrath

Liz McGrath

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Oh that's a shame Vivien
Photo of Pam

Pam

• 388 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Working on a desktop version only helps one person IF they can get a copy of the data file off line, some of the data files are so large and the connection so slow it just doesn't work.
RECKON, lets hope you have a team of people who will work on this never happening again.  No other accounting software program I've used is offline as often as yours.  You really need to sort things out otherwise it won't only be the accountants version you'll need to sell!!
Photo of Leica Dromgool

Leica Dromgool

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yep, I'm frustrated by the issues again today! EOM tomorrow too....
Photo of Will

Will

• 62 Points
Mine is still coming up with errors and cannot login. Thank god we are moving to MYOB Advanced which is never down with issues like Reckon. Cannot wait to ditch Reckon for good! its so 1990s
Photo of Wendy Ennor

Wendy Ennor

Mine still down too and end of month is tomorrow.  MYOB advanced is very clunky and doesn't have the ease of finding things that Reckon has.  We started using MYOB and decided against switching all our accounts to it.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

I wouldn't touch MYOB - it is based on old technology as well. Would move to Xero if their inventory module wasn't an addon. I may move to QuickBooks. Will do a trial in the next couple of months to see whether it meets my requirements. I have been lazy and stayed with Reckon. Their Cloud version is not what I expected. I had hoped for something that I could use as a webpage. I would love an app on my phone /ipad as well. I don't know if it will ever get there.

Sharlene Phillimore

Quickbooks is reckon.
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

Sharlene - it isn't in 2012 Quickbooks and Reckon parted ways. Quickbooks is now relaunching into Australia.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,602 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
While I'll concede this isn't the time or thread for this conversation, Sharlene I'll just leave this link here for info on the history of Reckon & QuickBooks for your perusal
Photo of Leica Dromgool

Leica Dromgool

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Phone app would be awesome for the amount of time I am out of the office. 
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

@Rav - could you post a link to the Desktop version. I may have to go back to using this.
Photo of Kerry Smith

Kerry Smith

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I would like this also Rav.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,112 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sue,
Our Hosted customers are eligible to a single user copy of Reckon Accounts Enterprise (Desktop). Unfortunately, there is no link that I can provide to this however if you'd like to take that up please get in touch with our Customer Service team directly and that'll be organised for you.
(Edited)
Photo of A Balancing Act

A Balancing Act, Accredited Partner

• 1,924 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I"m still not able to get in, are there any special tips to follow when there has been an outage?
Photo of Diane Viskovich

Diane Viskovich

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Still cant log in 
Photo of Karon Craig

Karon Craig

This is ridiculous, how are we supposed to run our business when we cant access our software
Photo of Christine Daskalos

Christine Daskalos

Seriously this is a joke!! Updates should not be done during the day and if there going to be done test them on a seperate server. Why the hell do we pay all this money for this software if we are not using it .....very frustrating that RECKON is going backwards. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone i know. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,602 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Christine,
There have been no updates performed today and any updates that we do carry out are scheduled in advance for off peak times.
Photo of Crystal Sinclair

Crystal Sinclair

• 60 Points
So, what's the problem then, why is the system constantly down? How can we do any work with this happening everyday??? It's a very unstable system for it to be continually going down, seems to be atleast twice a week.
(Edited)
Photo of Eric Simms

Eric Simms

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please Please Please, when can we get back to business???  This is a serious issue with significant impact on my and many businesses.  Please help us!
Photo of Emma Damen

Emma Damen

Still unable to access. ETA would be appreciated as I have wages that need to be processed by C.O.B today

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.