Reckon Accounts Hosted - Scheduled Maintenance 13 May 2017

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited March 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone,

As some of you may be aware, Reckon Accounts Hosted has experienced black screen issues for some users over Thursday and Friday.

The issue was rectified on Thursday evening however has recurred on Friday afternoon. Remedial action attempted earlier this afternoon has unfortunately, proven ineffective.

The next step in attempting to resolve this issue will require scheduled maintenance. Due to this, please be aware there will be an outage impacting Reckon Accounts Hosted for a short period.

The maintenance period will occur between:
Saturday 13 May 2017 11:00pm - 12:00am (AEST) 

We recommend that you log out of Reckon Accounts Hosted prior to the outage period. Any users logged in after the commencement of the outage will be automatically logged out.

It is a necessary step that we need to perform in order to rectify the issue impacting some users however I fully appreciate the late notice is definitely not ideal.

Our sincere apologies for inconvenience and frustration caused.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Raelene,

I don't believe that error code is associated with the black screen issues affecting some Hosted users at the moment or at least, I haven't seen it as yet.

I have found a KB related to that error code though which has some helpful info -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=404

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Standen_6653669
    Michael Standen_6653669 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2017
    So, Thursday and Friday I couldn't do anything, now Saturday as well! 
    The whole idea of this facility is that we are supposed to be able to do our work at any time of day or night on any day of the week!
    I have employees to pay, customers to serve - a business to run!!

High time you started refunding fees for those times you cant provide the service we pay for!

• Rav
    edited May 2017
    Fully understand your frustration Michael and I apologise that you've been affected by this over the course of the last few days.

The team will be working throughout the day leading up to the maintenance tonight to try and minimise this as much as possible.

I appreciate this isn't the ideal troubleshooting, however if you login and leave the black screen up for approximately 10-15 minutes without interruption the login attempt may then proceed after this time. I can't guarantee it however there has been some success with this.

• jodie_9087728
    jodie_9087728 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    I agree with Michael.  This is not good enough.  I come back in here this morning and still can't access it.  I am furious.
  • Mike O'Keeffe
    Mike O'Keeffe Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    Rav, this black screen has been an issue for years. If it has been a problem for the last few days then Reckon are clearly at a loss as to how to rectify it for good. I won't hold my breath, there will probably a short-term fix for some to keep customers at bay then the glitch will return. I have gotten accustomed to this most random problem getting in the way of efficiency.
  • Michael Standen_6653669
    Michael Standen_6653669 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2017
    Ok. Black screen. Left it and walked away. came back 20 minutes later and it had opened up properly.
    This fix tonight better work. As if its not bad enough the crimp in efficiency that having to go through SICX CLICKS just to print something out each and every time, we dont need to be sitting around for 15 minutes every time we log in just to make the thing work!
  • Lorraine Wright
    Lorraine Wright Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    Could you please advise me when this issue will be fixed we need to use the system urgent

Lorraine
  • Lorraine Wright
    edited May 2017
    When will  this be fixed
  • Tim Heath
    Tim Heath Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    There have been random black screen events in the past, increasing last 2 months for me, and on second attempt & after logging off any active user sessions, I usually made it. I notice now that there is a User session 7 that says is 'logged off' when 'Log off user' is clicked, however it reappears every time that I return to Log Off remote user or refresh sessions, whilst my latest black screen is now listed as session 12.

I left the black screen whilst I typed this - and on return it has successfully logged in after some minutes! No user session 7 anymore either until refresh was clicked - but it is still there! This persistent previous User log in #7 that always recurs after a 'log off' may be an issue?
  • Bill Davey
    Bill Davey Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    WTF with quickbooks...come on pay good money to have this system....I only do my accounts (SMALL BIZ) in the weekend and you get this service....please give a ET when this will be fixed. 
  • Rav
    edited May 2017
    Hi Bill,

We're expecting the maintenance scheduled tonight (details in the opening post above) to resolve this problem in full.

At this stage, please try to log in and leave the black screen up for 10-15 minutes without interruption. Your login may proceed successfully after this duration of time. It's not a guarantee but there have been successful reports of this method. 

• Mary Youssif
    Mary Youssif Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Hi

You can apologise all you like, but it happens regularly at this time of the year, just when tax returns for the previous year are due and BAS return deadlines are looming.  Its the best advertisement you can make for your competitors!
  • Lorraine Wright
    edited May 2017
    I am still having problems with black screen when will it be fixed
  • Rav
    edited May 2017
    Hi Lorraine, Can you please login and leave the black screen up for approximately 10-15 minutes without interruption. The login attempt may proceed further after this duration of time. There have been reports of success with this.

• Sab Benedict
    Sab Benedict Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    I have been having this problem for months and have rang about it, they are always very sorry but sorry not good enough.  Never any refund for down time just a sorry and hoping to have it fixed shortly... Time to change companies I think and hope the next one is better 
This discussion has been closed.