Reckon Accounts is unable to open this company file.

Options
BDP Group
BDP Group Member Posts: 6
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I'm unable to get into one of our company files.  Getting the Warning and suggesting someone else is using the file.  There is no one else who uses the file.  I can open my other company accounts fine.  It worked yesterday.  I have tried to open it on Chrome and Firefox and get the same message.  Tried to include a photo of the warning but it wont upload, says "Internal error"  I'm sure it will be quick to fix it but I can't find a phone number in Aus for tech support.

Comments

• glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Haven’t used hosted for awhile but when you get to login page, over on the right there was an option to log off users. Sometimes it doesn’t log out properly and thinks you are still logged in. Hope this works for you.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi BDP G.  Login to the Control Panel, instead of "Launch Accounts 2018 R2".  Under System Maintenance, two thirds down the left hand side, click on Log off Remote Sessions.  Then you will see the active session.  Click on that active session to terminate it.  Then, logout of the control panel, close your browser window, shut down your browser and start again.  Unless there is an external user, such as your auditors, this should fix the problem. 
    John L G.
  • BDP Group
    BDP Group Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thank you so much Glenda and John, I'm in!  I'll remember this for next time. :-)

• DCT Pharmacy
    DCT Pharmacy Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the advise, I have tried this over and again but i am still having the esame error BDP Group had. Are there any more tips? Thank you.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Are you logged in with the Administrator details?  You will likely not be able to terminate an active session if you are not.
    John L G