Reckon Accounts Launcher has stopped working

st_6872571
st_6872571 Member Posts: 79

The above relates to PP2016 - Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit system, 32 gb Ram, and heaps of storage on the harddrive.

For quite a while (many months) I've been getting the above error message.   This is occurring after attaching files to register entries.   In the main, most of the attachments are PDF files. 

It is more an intermittent error as for 80% of the time I can attach files without any problems.

A further problem is that clicking 'Close Program' does NOT close the program, the mouse pointer changes to the animated circular thingo.   Doing an Alt-Tab-Del to access the Task Manager, no programs are listed so can't shut down PP2016 from there.

I'm left with shutting down completely, the whole damn computer.   This is only occurring for PP2016.   It does not occur with any of my other programs, such as Office, Adobe stuff etc.

Any clues or ideas?

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Steven

What do you see recorded in the Windows Event Log at the time of these errors?

Gary
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steven,

Check out this related thread here in particular the suggestions from Reckon FAQ's on March 7 in regard to renaming the file and clean uninstallation.

Does your issue persist after completing the steps outlined in that post?

Let me know how you get on

Thanks,
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Gary and Rav.   

Gary - I had a look at the Windows Event Log but nothing stood out.   Is there something specific I could search for?

Rav - I'll try you suggestion later tonight.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Steven - long shot but often overlooked.  In EVENTS LOG there are sections for system as well as applications,  and if you can observe any failure messages being reported there at  the TIME of the incident,  then you may get a clue as to whether it is a resource issue or some conflict with some system library module or the application program itself.

Dive into the logs when the error has just happened,  to see if the operating system has helped report what is going on.  Not all issues are reported this way - but worth a try.

Gary