Reckon Accounts Personal 2013 playing up

Rachel Roads
Rachel Roads Member Posts: 6
The version of Reckon Accounts Personal 2013 I have been running for home accounts and investments has recently been playing up.  It started with not automatically recognising the data file I was using - I had to keep finding it and opening it myself, and now the software seems to be really glitchy - I have had to re-install every time I go to use it.

Has anyone else had this sort of a problem?  Is there a way to fix it?  Do I need to upgrade to a more recent version - if so what would be the equivalent package and will I be able to keep all of my data history?

Comments

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    HI Rachel
    I have not had the "glitchy" issues you refer to, however I can answer the second question.
    If you update to a newer version of  the software, you will be required to update your data file as part of the process and thereby retain ALL your data history. I have a data file that commenced over twenty years ago, and has gone through multiple upgrades without  data loss, and it is not the oldest file by any means that I know of.
    Good luck,and would suggest an upgrade.
    David
  • Rachel Roads
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the advice - am looking at a trial upgrade now.  Just a shame that it seems you are forced into a yearly subscription now, which I have avoided in the past!

• Rachel Roads
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for that.  My file name hasn't changed - it's just the same one I have been using for years.  However it could be a little on the long side - I will see whether shortening it helps.  Think I will be making an upgrade too...

• Rachel Roads
    edited October 2019
    I couldn't find a single purchase price option - all seems to be annual subscription.  Currently on a free trial for Personal Plus 2019 - which has all downloaded fine and looks just the same as my 2013 Personal version!
  • Rachel Roads
    edited October 2019
    Yes - I did keep getting that message, and yes my file name was over 8 characters long.  Will rename my new file and see whether that helps.  Even in my new trial version it had forgotten the file...
  • Rachel Roads
    edited October 2019
    Ah yes thanks Dave - the renamed file is remembered just fine.  Bit weird that happened, but I think I am all sorted now.  Thanks for your help