Reckon Accounts Personal 2016 "Reckon Accounts Launcher has stopped working".

Peter Sander
Peter Sander Member Posts: 4
I am getting the same problem with Windows 10 and QPP 2016 (that others have had with 2015) I have to try several different ways to get Quicken to run but I have to use the auto back-up file to retrieve my data. I can't backup my data either, so am relying on auto "QDATA" on shutdown.

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Peter,

Are you saying that when you try to open RA Personal 2016, that it does not open with your file?

Where is the working file (.QDF) located? For RA Personal 2016 to be able to open your file automatically, the .QDF needs to be in your local C drive.

What happens when you backup? You can try to validate your file to see if there is any issue with the file. To validate, go to File > File Operations > Validate. After that, you can try to create backup again.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Peter Sander
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the prompt reply guys. The above started out of the blue after trying to launch Quicken and getting the message "Reckon Account Launcher has stopped working" 
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Peter,

Are you using an Acer laptop? We found that users on Acer laptop getting "Reckon Account Launcher has stopped working" when using Reckon Accounts Personal.

You can also try opening the sample file or creating a new dummy file to see if the issue is also happening with other files.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Peter Sander
    edited November 2015
    Yes I have an ACER, the sample file opens ok. I made a copy of the Qdata file and saved it in a different location. The program now seems to work correctly, go figure !
  • Robin_8605406
    Robin_8605406 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    When I try to open RA Personal 2016, it says "Reckon Account Launcher has stopped working" . I cannot actually get into the program
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Robin,

Check out this related thread here in particular the suggestions from John G in regard to renaming the file and clean uninstallation.

Are they workable solutions in your case?

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robin_8605406
    Robin_8605406 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    Rav

I am extremely frustrated.
    I uninstalled the software that I had bought only a few months ago.
    I had to buy the software again - just paid another $175
    Loaded up again and I get the same message!
    "Reckon Account Launcher has stopped working
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Robin,

Have you renamed the file as suggested in the linked thread?

If that proves unsuccessful, please uninstall the program then reinstall using Selective Startup mode as there may be a conflict with another program and this will help to isolate the potential cause. We have info to step you through this here

Please ensure you are using your original purchased Personal Plus product, I will arrange to have the second purchase refunded to you. Was there any particular reason you purchased an additional product?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Robin,

Just wanted to check in and see how you got on with this?

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited January 2017

I am now getting this message after performing the "One Step Update" share price update.

The share prices appear to update and the pop-up summary report (of the number of shares that have been updated) appears, only to be quickly followed by another pop-up of "Reckon Accounts Launcher has stopped working", followed by Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 closing down.

I am using RAPP 2016 on Windows 10, although it was installed when Windows 8.1 was installed, then with the update of the Nov 2016 subscription on Win 10.

The program appears to be working when I restart, as the account summary is updated and share prices have been updated. The Last Updated date stamp has not been updated, although the share price records in the .qph file appear to be updated, based on Security Detail View.

Yesterday, I repeated the share price download, after restarting and got a "Reckon Accounts - Unexpected Error" pop-up with an error code 7107. I sent the report, but no feed back as yet ?

Anyone else getting this response ?

John

• HughieB
    HughieB Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2017
    Good evening all.   I too have been frustrated with this problem and getting different symptoms each time I launched Reckon Personal 2017.  Sometimes it locked up at the splash screen (and I have to close it with Task Manager), sometimes it gave the message "Quicken Launcher Has Stopped Working" and sometimes it opened but only as a new user.   However I have found the solution.   It appears that Reckon must be installed on the operating drive (C:) AND the personal files MUST ALSO BE INSTALLED ON THE C: DRIVE.   My problem had come about because I installed Reckon on a new PC with a 120 GB SSD which holds only those programs that need speed, all other programs and all files are installed on the D: drive which is a standard 2 TB Drive.   This is the normal setup for modern PCs with an SSD, so more and more people are going to come across this problem.   Reckon you need to make this important information available somewhere.   I spent many hours uninstalling and reinstalling Reckon, purging directories and the like. 

Regards

Hugh
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I have also experienced the problem "Stopped Working" message sometimes occurs after up-dating stock prices. What concerns me is this has happened a number of times. It is a problem or "bug" with the latest update service. This should be reviewed, but there has been no response from Reckon.

It also could be related to the size of the .qdf (34mb) or .qph (17mb) files. This is a problem that others have suspected.

• Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited February 2017

For info. - Using PP2017-R1, Win10 Home, V1607, Build 14393.693 - SSD Main Drive - USB Extension rotating HD.

QDF=37.93Mb, QPH=9.90Mb. with non of the above problems. For test, opened current backup QDF file on USB HD without trouble (except for no Attachments, which is understandable). Closed and reopened PP with the usual Window asking if this is a new file etc. Applied appropriate response and all back to normal.

Regards

• david klumpp
    david klumpp Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2019
    I looked into this notice I often, but not always get on launching program (RA PP 2017 version; Windows 10) "RA launcher has stopped working". It's been happening for a while, but I've ignored it since I find I can delete the message and continue with login. However it should not happen so I wonder how to fix it. Since it does not affect my program I am loath to do any of the more dreastic fix-it steps mentioned in this thread. Any suggestions? My data file is simply named as per the default (Qdata1.qdf) and I save to USB.