Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015.

Options
John Hodges
John Hodges Member Posts: 4
Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015. When attempting to Enter Transaction in Investing accounts receive the message: Reckon Accounts has encounted a problem and needs to close. error Code 7312

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi John,

Also, have you just upgraded from an earlier version of Reckon or Quicken or are you starting from scratch? If you have just upgraded, did you have this problem with your old file and Reckon /Quicken Version?

I always enter investment transactions manually, and have never had your problem.

What type of transactions are you entering? Share dividends, share purchases or sales or what?

With my present Reckon file, I decided to not link my investment account to a specific 'cash account'. This means that can I now direct the cash dividends etc to whichever cash account I wish.

So, please supply more information about your situation, so that I and others can explore your problem further.

Regards

Dan Fardon

• John Hodges
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dan, VMT. Had installed the demo copy (free copy) of the SW and had the problem when attempting to update my super account balance. Bought the licence and then deleted the frre copy and installed the SW from the link on the licence purchase page. Problem still occuring.
  • Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi John,

I am wondering whether you have used the wrong type of Reckon Account for your superannuation.

I am a self-funded retiree and my Super gets paid into a bank account. I record those deposits as simple deposits using the Category Income: Superannuation.

However I am the unpaid treasurer of a large charity which has Units in a 'market-linked' endowment fund.

I created a Reckon "Cash Flow Spending Account" to track the performance of that Fund. On Day 1, I recorded the current value of the Units as a simple Start Balance, and record capital revaluations as being simple deposits into that account, using the category "Capital Revaluation". The cash dividends are paid directly into a cheque account and recorded in the cheque account using the category, "Cash Dividends".

I know this system does not calculate the endowment fund's performance, but I get around that by comparing the change in the endowment fund's Units with the change in the All Ordinaries and the income I receive from our Argo shares.

As a self-funded retiree, I also own shares and record dividends and share purchases and sales transactions in our own finances Reckon file, by clicking the "Enter Transactions" at the top of the Investment Account window, and then selecting the type of transaction from the drop-down window which appears.

I also reiterate that I record all transactions into Reckon myself and do not download into Reckon any bank statements  or bank transactions. I find that doing it my way, takes little time and I can set up the Reports to give me what I want.

I don't know whether this helps.

Best wishes,

Dan Fardon  

• John Hodges
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Dan,

The problems occurs when I click on the "Enter Transaction" button irrespective of what account I have in the Investing Accounts section.

Cheers, John