Reckon accounts personal plus 2015 stopped opening. (Not Responding)

John Peters
John Peters Member Posts: 10
I have reckon accounts personal plus 2015 and about two weeks ago the app stopped opening. The app starts and hangs on a blank front page and has (Not Responding) at the top of the page. I upgraded from 2013 to 15 via the online update. Help please

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Sorry to hear that John,

Did the issue start occurring immediately after the upgrade to 2015?

Which operating system are you using?

When the issue occurs are you able to kill the process from the Task Manager and then try again? Does the same thing occur?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Peters
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav,

I am using windows 10 Home 

I can close it but the same problem happens.

I have tried to run it as administrator but again an issue.

There have been no major updates since before Christmas and I accessed it  2-3 weeks ago.

• John Peters
    edited March 2017

Can someone please assist me with this matter

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi John,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you

The next step I'd suggest is taking a look at the following KB article which runs through a number of measures to counteract launch issues - 

Reckon Accounts Personal launcher errors at start-up and what to do about them.

Take a look, give it a try and let us know how you get on

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Peters
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav, thanks for the reply but the link does not work.
    I have uninstalled 2015, reinstalled, turned computer off restarted uninstalled 2015, turn computer off and restarted, installed 2017 trial (same issue) uninstalled 2017 turned computer off and reinstalled 2015 and no change.
  • John Peters
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav, thanks for the reply but the link does not work.
    I have uninstalled 2015, reinstalled, turned computer off restarted uninstalled 2015, turn computer off and restarted, installed 2017 trial (same issue) uninstalled 2017 turned computer off and reinstalled 2015 and no change.
  • John Peters
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav, the link finally worked but I had already tried all the fixes (from that page) and still nothing.
    :( 
  • John Peters
    edited March 2017
    I have had a look at the windows updates, as there are a lot of updates, which one/s in particular should I delete? Regards John

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Hi John,

Before deleting any of the updates, can you please switch to Safe Mode and attempt to open the program.
    Opening in Safe Mode will eliminate any potential conflicts from other programs that may be causing the problem.

KB ARTICLE: Turning on Safe Mode in Windows 10

• Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi John,

You have tried most of the suggestions without success and things are getting a little messy?  If all else fails - This is what I would do, -

My object is being to get Reckon 13 running normally again before upgrading to Reckon 15.

IMPORTANT - As always backup/copy your data set (QDF etc) off your HD to another Media before you do anything.

0) Create System Restore Point and/or Image.

1) If you have an Image backup BEFORE you upgaded to Reckon 15, restore the Image and see if Reckon 13 opens and works properly.-  if so, go to (3b/c) - if no Image then. (2)

2) If you have a System Restore Point to BEFORE you upgraded to Reckon 15 try that and see if Reckon 13 opens and works properly.-  if so, go to (3b/c) if no Restore Point then. - (3)

3) If neither of the above (1&2) is possible then (4)
    3b) Use free CCleaner to remove all temporary files and scan and fix issues under Registry (important), re-start Computer/Reckon 13
    3c) If you are satisfied Reckon 13 is running normally and you have updated all your Reckon 13 entries, backup/copy your new data set to another Media.

Create System Restore Point

4) Uninstall Reckon 15 using free Revo Uninstaller then
    4b) Use free CCleaner to remove all temporary files and scan and fix issues under registry  (important), re-start Computer
    4c) Re-install Original Reckon 13 - use your backup set
    4d) If you are satisfied Reckon 13 is running normally and you have updated all your Reckon 13 entries, backup/copy your new data set to another Media.

Create System Restore Point

(IF Reckon 13 is still not working properly you MAY have a problem with your Windows 10 installation which needs to be investigated.) - and there is probably no point in trying to update to Reckon 15.

5) Install all Windows 10 updates.

6) Re-install Reckon 15.

Regards

• John Peters
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rav,
    I opened in safe mode and the same issue.
  • John Peters
    edited March 2017
    Hi Fred,
    well I completed everything on your list and I have managed to open 2015 with a back up file from Jan 2017.
    Thank you very much. OMG
    That was painful.
    Thanks again
    Regards John.