Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 wont open...again

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
A week ago I tried to open the program and got a blank page and the error message 'Not responding'. When I close the page I get the message 'Reckon Accounts launcher is not responding'. On advice from a member I was able open it up from an old backup file and then reentered a week’s worth of data to bring it up to date. After a week of working fine I am having the same issue again.  Is this a problem with Windows 10? What is being done to by Reckon to address this? I’m really annoyed and  also concerned that soon I mightn’t be able to access 12+ years of data at all.

Comments

• Ben Ramsay
    Ben Ramsay Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Windows 10 stopped me from activating my reckon product until I installed it as an admin and ran it as the same, there seems to be a quirk with the security policy. I am actually running the same on my computers, a desktop and 2 laptops so I suspect that maybe it may be :

1. You upgraded to windows 10 and the application of windows 10 may not have setup the application correctly

2. An update changed a security policy setting on either the program or data files.

3. For some reason one of the files used by the application may have become corrupted.

I sincerely home this can help, when I got mine to work I had 3 months worth of data to enter so I know how you feel. Recon need to step up their game and really get involved with helping people who are having problems with their products.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Chris,

You will need to launch Personal Plus with Run as Administrator.  You can do this by right-clicking the launch icon > Properties > Compatibility  > Settings.

Any other launcher problem, please look at the post:  Quicken launcher errors at start-up and what to do about them.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    Thanks everyone for your help. Will try and work through the suggestions when I can get the courage to tackle it! Appreciate everyone's help.
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Chris,

You can try or check a few things.

Make sure that the working data file .QDF is located in your local C drive.

Super validate the data file to check for any error. To do that, From the File menu select File Operations. Then holding down the Control and Shift Keys together, select "Validate".
    A Select File window will open with a list of data files. Select your file and click on the OK button. 

Regards

Deny