Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 now not uploading.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
I upgraded to Reckon Personal Plus in Aug 2016 and have been able to input data since then without problems. When I have now logged in to Reckon, Reckon is showing me a box titled "Get Started" Welcome to Reckon Accounts with two options - 1) I am new to Reckon Accounts and 2) I am already a Reckon User. The first box has the box marked as the default option.  If I get out of this screen Reckon will not load. Why is this new screen all of a sudden showing? Is it due to some Reckon update ?
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brian,

It maybe due to a Windows update.  But all you need to do is select your already a Reckon One user, click next, select Open a file located on this computer, and then open your data file.    If you can't find your data file, select Open the sample file, and once in there go to File, Find Reckon Accounts Files, and it will do a search for all Reckon Accounts files on your computer.  Once the search is complete look for the most recent one and open that.

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Shane, as you say it may be due to a Windows 10 update.Just prior to your reply I managed to load the Reckon software with no data. I then managed to restore the data from my back-up file. The data was again lost a few days later when I next logged in. I was able to locate data files by going to the File heading in the toolbar and then going into the drop down "Find Reckon Accounts File.." as you mentioned above. Main lesson is always do your back-ups especially after loading loads of data as Reckon as the data recovery set-up.