Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017. Since the 27th April 2017 I can't download or update stock price

Philip Weickhardt
Philip Weickhardt Member Posts: 3
I am running Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017. Since the 27th April 2017 I haven't been able to download or update stock prices. I get a funny message about missing stock codes - all the stocks have their ASX codes correctly in place, and the update has been working perfectly up to 27th April. What is going on?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Philip,

Just tested this after seeing your thread and worked ok.

Is this issue occurring on all stocks you have added or a select few?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Philip Weickhardt
    edited May 2017
    In two different files I get the same message which says (in one case) 10 of 32 securities were updated (I actually don't think any were updated because the overall valuation of the portfolio didn't change). It then says "missing symbols" and it then lists relevant and accurate ASX codes which I have previously entered and all the securities which are now not being updated have previously been updated and nothing has changed.
  • Serena Steuart
    Serena Steuart Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Same problem. Is there a fix?
  • Philip Weickhardt
    edited July 2017
    Serena, I believe my problem occurred after an automatic WIindows 10 update. Other software worked OK but not Reckon stock price updates. I finally had to reload Windows 10 (which completely wipes all installed software) and start again with a clean install of all. After this the Reckon stock price updates worked again, but this was a heavy price to pay. Reckon couldn't explain why this should have happened.