gmhutch

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • disenchanted

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,488 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi gmhutch,

Have there been any changes to your operating environment since the last time you were able to launch successfully? ie. Windows updates, antivirus updates etc?

Just checking off the basics, you've rebooted your PC and tried again? Is there any more to the error message you're receiving? 
Photo of gmhutch

gmhutch

Hi,
There have been no changes to operating system, other than normal updates to anti-virus, as far as I am aware.
I have done virus checks:cleaned up computer : got rid of any files linked to Reckon prior years:uninstalled and re-installed from both original download and disc 4 times.

When program starts to open, it gets to the data stage and then comes up with "Not Responding" no error codes, just blank screen. Then try to close the program and will not close. Tried End Task, will not close. Have to Restart to get back to main screen. No other program is affected. Program worked well until a few days ago.

Have removed all files that had any link prior to 2018, done Computer Clean Up, complete virus check etc.

Being a member of Bigpond's Platinum Program, have had them look at system, and they cannot find anything wrong with system, and conclude it must be a Reckon problem.

Am completely frustrated, and fed up with Reckon. Have tried several times to get onto the 1902223101 Technical Support, and had to give up each time after 1/2 hour,(even though was told wait time was 13 min. Rang normal Reckon number to find out what the score was, and was told that for a fee of $50 they would contact me when a technician was ready!!! WHAT A HIDE, call that service.

As you can see I am fed-up and disillusioned with Reckon.  HELP!

Graham Hutchings 
Customer ID: 556210

Photo of adrian snaidero

adrian snaidero

• 612 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Similar frustrations were posted earlier today and that thread has quickly been shut down.

My take is as follows:

Reckon is a listed public company on the ASX. A requirement is to hold AGMs in which senior management attend as well as Directors.

Given the issues experienced of recent I would take note of such and the downtime /costs incurred and question management at such a venue as to what resources and action plans are in place to improve user satisfaction- they need a flame held at their feet 

IMO attacking support staff is not an approach that is going to necessarily get their attention or even reach of top management   
Photo of Craig C

Craig C

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi all.
I have just encountered this issue (twice during the prior week) in PP2017. To Rav's point though, a Windows Update was installed around the same time. I've had no launch failures over the past 3 days. (I log on to PP2017 on a daily basis). 
Regards,
Craig
Photo of Bec Campbell

Bec Campbell

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 keeps "not responding" on start.

Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 keeps "not responding" on start

I have tried rebooting.
All my Windows software is up to date.
My security software is up to date.
I have tried opening Reckon PP as adminstrator. 
I have tried starting over with my installation key.

I can open Reckon Personal Plus 2018 but if I try to use it it constantly freezes and comes up with error "not responding". The only way I can access my computer again is to close Reckon via the task manager.
This is very frustrating and it appears that others are having this problem recently.
Can you please advise a fix. I am currently paying for a subscription that I can't use.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,488 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
gmhutch and Bec,

Can you please try launching with any anti-virus solutions turned off. Does it launch successfully?

Which operating system & edition are you both using?
Photo of Bec Campbell

Bec Campbell

Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.192
and Norton Security. 
Photo of Bec Campbell

Bec Campbell

When reinstalling Reckon PP 2018 Norton blocks one of the download files

reckonaccountspersonal2018\tools\cpdatadialog.exe

It says the file is high risk. Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Threat name: Trojan.Gen.9

I haven't tried turning Norton off due to the above. 
Photo of gmhutch

gmhutch

Rav,
Widows 10 Pro-Version 1709 OS Build 16299.192
Have tried with ant-virus off with no effect. All I get is light blue/gray screen with 'Not Responding". Only way to get to main screen is to Restart.
Should I just give up?!!! Am over 80 years old and getting really frustrated with Reckon. All other programs work OK.
Graham H
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Robyn Kelly, Accredited Partner

• 3,326 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Have you tried making an exception rule in your anti-virus program to allow PP to run properly?

Regards, Robyn Kelly

Photo of Bec Campbell

Bec Campbell

Ok so I've made an exception rule for that file and I'm no longer crashing constantly after a reboot.  It kept crashing before I rebooted. 

I do have concerns about that file though and I guess I am "trusting" Reckon right now. :/
Photo of gmhutch

gmhutch

Hi all,
Eureka have won this round, have now got this program working again !!!.
After costly talk to technical support:
1. deleted Reckon Program- Using 'Revo Uninstaller'
2. deleted Antivirus
3. Disconnected from internet
4. Restarted
5. Reinstall Reckon from disc
6. Tried program- It worked.
7. Put back internet connection
8. Reinstalled Anti Virus
9. Restart

Hope this works for all, and that program continues to function ok, which is a big ask with this program.

Thanks Rav and others.
Photo of Michael Holmes

Michael Holmes

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I’ve had similar issues with Quicken in the past and found that Revo Uninstaller fixed my issue. Reckon should develop their own UnInstaller which ideally would be run before each upgrade.