Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
I have been a user of Reckon Accounts Personal for more than 25 years now and this is the first year I have had trouble installing the software after renewing my subscription.

After receiving the email from Reckon on the 25th October I used the member link to arrive at the option to order the Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 DVD and to also download the Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 program. I waited until I received the DVD before attempting to uninstall 2018 and install 2019.

I used the Windows uninstall process on Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 prior to attempting to install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019.

Initially I had difficulties because, after running the downloaded executable file and unzipping the files, Avira Antivirus quarantined the rmdview application program in the C:\Temp\Reckon_Accounts_Personal_2019\Tools sub-directory because it had the profile of a virus!

After uninstalling Avira I have continued to have problems installing Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 (I have downloaded the program from your site on several additional occasions) from the DVD and the downloaded file.

I even used Windows Restore to restore back to a date just prior to uninstalling Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 but when I attempted to open Reckon I received a message about missing component(s) and to re-install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018. Attempting to re-install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 from the DVD that also failed!

Admittedly I am also having problems with Windows 10 updates since early October and I have been using various Windows repair software and suggestions from Microsoft Community to resolve that problem.

What could the problem be?........Windows 10 or your software?

Regards

Gary Page
Customer ID can be provided
Photo of Gary Page

Gary Page

• 70 Points

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,698 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Gary,
Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for being such a long term user of our Reckon Personal software.
After uninstalling Avira I have continued to have problems installing Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 (I have downloaded the program from your site on several additional occasions) from the DVD and the downloaded file.
I just wanted to clarify, at this point in the process you've undertaken, are you being presented an error message during the install process?

It might be worth performing a clean uninstallation to ensure all components of the previous program are removed prior to proceeding with the install of the new 2019 edition. There is some info on how to perform this here -
Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal