Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 - Error 6869

Lyn_8170960
Lyn_8170960 Member Posts: 9

I had Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019 on my old laptop and have installed it on my new laptop. It seemed to regiseter ok.  Seems to work ok, but when i go to do a backup i get an error code 6869.  I have searched and unable to find any information regarding this error.  Customer ID 1127906

Comments

• Lyn_8170960
    edited July 2019

Thanks.  But my understanding of the product is that if you don't "backup" it doesn't actually write to the file, even though I can copy the file to an external drive, it wont be the latest.  And if my laptop dies, then I don't have a back up of my data.  I will have to do some more testing, when I figure out what the error is.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Lyn,

In the Reckon Accounts Personal Plus product, a backup is a single file archive containing the individual separate files that comprise the data set.

Example:

My Data File.RKN would contain:

My Data File.QDF - the primary data file

along with the supplementary files.

My Data File.QSD
    My Data File.QEL
    My Data File.QPH

As Diver Dave has indicated, you can choose to use the built-in backup feature or simply copy all the individual files that comprise the data set.

Is the destination location of the backup, on the laptop or an attached external HDD or USB flash drive?

We recommend backing up to the local hard disk first.
    Then you can copy the resulting file to other locations, giving you at least two copies of the backup set.

We recommend backing up on a more frequent backup interval depending on your situation.
    The more data you enter, the more data you can lose in the event of an unforeseen problem that may result in the current data file no longer being accessible.

Consider your own risk tolerance as a guide to the backup frequency.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Lyn_8170960
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for the detailed response.  That is an option.  Can you kindly also advise on the built in backup feature, the error and the error code?  What does that mean?  I would prefer to use the in built feature.  Thanks so much.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    Hi Lyn,

As per the previous question, is the destination location of the backup, on the laptop or an attached external HDD or USB flash drive?

Please provide a screenshot / screen capture of that error code dialog box.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Lyn_8170960
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated.  The destination location of the backup is on the laptop.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    This is not a "Reckon Accounts Personal Plus" (personal range) product error message.

This is a "Reckon Accounts business range" error message.

These personal range and business range are two very different products.

Reckon Accounts Plus
    Reckon Accounts Premier
    Reckon Accounts Enterprise

It is important to know which product you are using so that the recommendations are appropriate, as the previous discussion relates to the "Reckon Accounts Personal Plus" product.

The error message indicates a data problem.

You can either locate a good older backup and restore it, or send your file to undergo analysis to determine whether the problem can be resolved.

Request a service by following the steps in the post below.
    DATA RECOVERY: How to submit a Reckon Accounts desktop data file for analysis and repair

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Lyn_8170960
    edited July 2019
    Hello.  This is a screen shot of the product I am using, and that was the screen shot of the error.
  • Lyn_8170960
    edited July 2019
    You can also check the registration of the product, I only have the one product, Personal Plus 2019.  
  • Lyn_8170960
    edited July 2019
    just wondering if you had an update on the error?  thanks
  • Glenys Cole
    Glenys Cole Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2019
    I have recently purchased the same program Lyn, updating from the 2018 version as it is no longer supported and I'm getting the same error message as you are. I also have another problem but better post that separately.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited September 2019
    Hi Lyn,

From the File menu select File Operations

Then select "Validate".

Select File window will open with a list of data files. 

Select your file and click on the OK button. 

Quicken will now Validate your file.

Once the Validate has completed, you can try making another backup.

If that still doesn't resolve the issue, you can try a more thorough 'Super Validate'.

We recommend that you submit a copy of your file to undergo analysis.

DATA RECOVERY: How to submit a Reckon Accounts Personal Range data file for analysis and repair

Regards,

Data Recovery Team