Reckon Accounts Personal Range 2016

mlatham5
mlatham5 Member Posts: 1
I have reinstalled Reskon Accounts Personal Range 2016 on a new computer. It will not activate on line and refers to phone. Phone process produces a string of characters to enter but this has been no success for several times. what can I do now.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi mlatham5,

As Andrew has mentioned above, please give us a call today when you've got a chance and we can take a look into this for you and get it sorted.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Phillip Smith
    Phillip Smith Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Having same problem after installing Personal Plus on new computer. Can locate and open backup file to open accounts and all correct however whenever I log into Personal Plus now, I have to locate the last backup file. On old computer only had to enter my password to open.
    Rang 1800 732 566 and was told I had to ring paid technical support when all I am trying to do is install on new computer.
    Any advise/assistance would be appreciated.
    Rgds
    Phil
  • Gavin Jones_8306295
    Gavin Jones_8306295 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    I have a related problem.  I had Accounts Personal 2013 on an old pc.  I decided to replace my pc.  I backed up then uninstalled Account Personal 2013.  Installed Personal 2013 on the new pc (Windows 10) and successfully registered.  Once I closed down and tried to re-access my file got a message saying this pc was not the one the software was originally installed on and I might need to purchase another lic.  I rang support and they indicated they could not help as it was not the 2016 version.  So I upgraded the software to the 2016 version.  During the install it registered fine .  But once again I get the same error message about the original installation pc and need for another lic.
    When I ring support they want to bill me for any support with my install/registration.

Any help appreciated
    Gavin

• Gavin Jones_8306295
    edited June 2016
    Hi
    Thanks for the prompt response. I will try the above 1800 number tomorrow as I had a different one.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Gavin,

Has this been sorted for you today on your call?

Could you check if your User Account Control (UAC) level is set at the Default setting?
    Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Phillip Smith
    edited June 2016
    HI
    I am still having serious problems with installing Reckon Personal Plus 2016 upgrade on new computer after previously having been on old computer. Seem to be in a loop both with Reckon activation team AND paid support!!!! Carry out as requested and load program, install backup from USB drive and although program opens correctly, when I log out and log in again, I have to go through the same process again. Then tried backing up after installing backup from USB and then get a Error message no. 6909 saying "send" "don't send" to reckon and to contact support. Rang paid support and was told to turn off my virus protection (Bitdefender) and repeat process.
    Same result!!!!! Extremely frustrated and am getting nowhere with Reckon.
    Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.
    Rgds
    Phil
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Phillip Are you attempting to open the backup file from the USB drive directly? If so, can you please move it to a local destination on your PC such as your Desktop and then retry Let me know how you get on Cheers Rav

• Phillip Smith
    edited June 2016
    Hi Rav
    Many thanks for your reply. Have installed on PC but still get same error message when I try to do a backup (Error 6909) . Still in loop and have to load backup to open work file through "Welcome to Reckon Accounts" with two options, although is seems to have updated information on file as have posted trial item which appears.

Rgds
    Phil

• Gavin Jones_8306295
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav
    Thanks for your following up.  After 2 goes I finally spoke to someone who quickly recognised the problem.  I needed to click Yes on the new lic message but then pick a different option on the resulting page.