Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 - Where to enter Service Charges and Interest earned when performing bank

Options
Ian_7415536
Ian_7415536 Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I have just upgraded from QuickBooks Small Business Plus 2007/08 to Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 and trying to do a bank rec. My old programme has an extra area on the begin rec window where I can add Interest Earned and Service Charges (see below - QuickBooks 07/08)

My new programme seems to have this missing (see below Reckon Accounts Plus 2014)

I cant seem where or how to enter service charges etc. Is the rest of this screen to be activated somewhere or whats up. If it doesnt exist any more, how do I enter service charges, interest earned etc.

Thanks for any support - Im lost, I loved my old version, it worked so well for me and I hope this new one will also once its working properly.

Cheers

Ian?

Comments

• Gail Friday Office Solutions
    Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    This feature was taken away so you need to use write chqs an suggest set up a supplier called bank charges and for interest received use make deposits. If you are familiar with memorised transactions suggest you set up a monthly transaction so when receive the bank statement you go to memorised transactions and select the transaction and add the relevant amounts so will be in the bank reconciliation when you tick off the bank transactions
  • Ian_7415536
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, much thanks for your prompt reply. Taken away? Who's stupid idea was that. What was so easy before and all went into the correct places now ends up in some fictitious supplier accounts called bank charges and interest earned? That's crazy. So this part (see below) is actually useless now because nothing is going to show up there. 

Thats very dissapointing to find this new programme doesnt work as well as my old one and now takes longer to do a simple task like entering Interest and Service Charges.

No, Im not familiar to do what you are saying sorry. I will try and see my accountant next week to either set it up or return the product and continue using Quickbooks 2007-08 that was quick and easy and did everything I wanted it to.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Ian

• Gail Friday Office Solutions
    Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    There have been a lot of vast improvements to the product since the 2007/8 version so when speaking to your accountant or better still a local accredited trainer they can let you know the new improved features of which I am sure some of which will be useful to you.
    However if start using the memorised transactions and importing the bank statements you would not need to enter that charges or interest at all so would not then miss the missing feature of which both these features have been in all the versions of QuickBooks and Reckon.
    Where are you based? iI travel around a bit with work in NZ and will be in Aussie in just over a week so I would be happy to discuss with you over a cup of coffee and if then decided would like to have some training could show you how to use the software to suit your business using all the features it offers and am sure will find are happy you upgraded
  • Ian_7415536
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, I'm in Christchurch. That import bank statement feature doesn't work for me either (see result below)

So importing statements appears to be a no-go.

I think I'll just enquire about a refund. This programme is really of no use to me. Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it very much.

Ian