Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 - Error codes -6000 & -816

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 takes several attempts (10-15 minutes) to open my company file. I have 5 company files but this 1 file doesn't open straight away like the others and I get the following message:

"Reckon Accounts was unable to open the company file because the file is in use. Another person may be in the process of opening the file. Please try to open the company file again. If the problem persits, please contact Reckon Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -816)."

Is there a solution to this problem? 

Thank you!
Photo of Lauren Davis

Lauren Davis

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lauren Davis

Lauren Davis

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 - Error codes -6000 & -816.

Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 takes several attempts (10-15 minutes) to open my company file. I have 5 company files but this 1 file doesn't open straight away like the others and I get the following message:

"Reckon Accounts was unable to open the company file because the file is in use. Another person may be in the process of opening the file. Please try to open the company file again. If the problem persits, please contact Reckon Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -816)."

Is there a solution to this problem? 

Thank you!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lauren,

I've found a couple of older KB articles which relate to that specific error code you've encountered including some steps on resolving.

Take a look and let me know if it applies in your situation.

Error (-6000,-816): "Unable to open database. The file is being used by another user"

Error (-6000,-816) Unable to open database
(Edited)
Photo of Lauren Davis

Lauren Davis

Hi Rav

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't use Symantec’s Endpoint Protection security system. I have tried the same solution with the virus protection I have installed (Avast) although that hasn't fixed the problem. 
Photo of Bernie

Bernie

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi There , I have the same problem with  opening Reckon  and   it happens  sometimes and  other times it works,  the error codes are the same as  you have experienced -6000. -83.  when I rang reckon's Tech support  they were totally not helpful.   They blame the fact that I had my  fiel store on a network server and not on a PC.  But this error  problem only happen after I upgraded from reckon 2015 to reckon 2016 and my company's file have been on the network server drive since version 2008 and never had tjhis problem.  They were adamant  because I have installed it ob a network server  drive, the product is not supported. Totally useless tech support.  I have written to Reckon  sales director ion this issue, buit never  got a courtesy reply.  Meaning I can only interpret that they   care diddly squat about their customers after they have paid up and bought their product.
So I am also stuck with this problem terribly inconvenient and sometimes down right useless.  Don't know what to do, if  no one can help, I suppose I will have to migrate to one of the competitors.