Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 Account List

Nadene_9116015
Nadene_9116015 Member Posts: 6
Reckon Accounts Plus 2017.  When adding new accounts, the accounts are no longer added in alphabetical order.  The problem started a few weeks ago.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

Comments

• Nadene_9116015
    edited May 2017
    Diver Dave, thanks for your reply.  My investing accounts list is quite long and its annoying having to sort the list manually.  When I added new investing accounts in the past, the new account was automatically added in alpha order.  For some reason this has now stopped.  I would like to know how to turn that feature back on if possible.  I did not change any settings to turn it off.  Its only one of my data files.  The other data file is fine.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2019
    Hi Nadene,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

In the Investing Centre, go to the Portfolio tab.  Now click on the Options dropdown and select Customise current view.  At the bottom of the window click on the Reset View button to relist your Accounts in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John

• Lesley Xerri
    Lesley Xerri Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2017
    Hi Nadene,
    Just to reiterate that you are using Accounts Plus?
    If so, open the Chart of accounts and click on the Account button and Resort List.
    This can occur if you accidentally click on one of the column headers.
  • Nadene_9116015
    edited May 2017
    John, its when I add a new account, it goes to the bottom of the list of the Investing section on the Home Tab.  I now have to manually move it up in the Account List, Manage Accounts.  Any ideas on how to fix that.  It has only started happening in the last few weeks.
  • Nadene_9116015
    edited May 2017
    Lesley, thanks for your reply.  I am using Accounts Personal Plus 2017 and there is no chart of accounts. 
  • Lesley Xerri
    Lesley Xerri Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2017
    No problems Nadene,
    In your Portfolio view, click once on the Name column header and this should resort it for you.
  • Nadene_9116015
    edited May 2017
    Lesley,  its when I add a new account, it goes to the bottom of the list of the Investing section on the Home Tab.  I now have to manually move it up in the Account List, Manage Accounts.  Any ideas on how to fix that.  It has only started happening in the last few weeks.  Thanks
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hello Nadene,

We've delved a little further into the Accounts List sorting.  It automatically sorts alphabetically until a time the user sorts manually.  From that time on the automatic sorting stops and new Accounts will be added to the bottom of the list as they are created. To get them into an alphabetical order you will need to click on Reset View on the Customise current view screen,

regards,
    John

• Nadene_9116015
    edited June 2017
    John, thanks.  I must have inadvertently did a manual sort of the list when I was making some accounts inactive in the account list.  I fixed the problem by restoring a backup file.  I had to re-enter some transactions but that was quicker than having to manually resort the list every time I added a new account.
  • david klumpp
    david klumpp Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2017
    Hello John- on unrelated matter, can you tell me if Reckon Personal Plus will track US stock prices. I have set up a new account with one US stock, however it does not update the price.