Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 Error Code 199 62 23635

Julie Palmer
Julie Palmer Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have numerous companies on Reckon Accounts Plus 2018.  When I try to open one of the other companies and also when I tried to back-up I receive the error code 199 62 23635 and am told that Reckon has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.  How do I resolve this issue?  Any help will be much appreciated :-)

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Julie - if you hold the ALT key down while opening the company file - it should open without trying to open any of the windows that may have been left open.  Possibly there is a corrupt entry that its trying to open hence the error when opening normally... once you have the file open - Run the File - Utilities - Verify and Rebuild options.. this should correct any corruption and allow you to continue working normally.  Regards Linda
  • Julie Palmer
    Julie Palmer Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020
    Hi Linda, thanks for your reply.  When I open Reckon it brings up the main company file I use without any problems.  When I click File/Open or Restore Company it goes to what type of file do you want to open and I click Open Company File.  As soon as I do this I get the error message.  I did try holding down the ALT key when I did the last step but I still get the error message.

Reading the other part of your reply regarding possible corrupton.  I tried to verify and rebuild in the company I could open however before it will rebuild I have to do a backup and when I tried to do this I got the same error message!

Really not sure what to do ..  Regards, Julie
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    hmm.. maybe there is an issue with the installation or your computer?  Have you restarted the computer fresh?  which operating system are you using?  If Windows 10 - have you done a complete shutdown? (ie hold the shift key down while you choose shutdown)... have you had any other funny things happen?  maybe your hard drive has some issues? You might need to have a tech look at the problems?