Reckon Accounts Plus 2019 - How do you print payslips for employees on separate pages?

Gary Smith
Gary Smith Member Posts: 4
Reckon Accounts Plus 2019 - How do you print payslips for employees on separate pages? Currently our system will only print double-sided. How can you save a payslip without having to print it first?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Gary.  Check your printer settings.  It would seem that yours is set to print double sided by default.  When you get to select the printer to use, there will be an options button adjacent to this which you will need to click on in order to change your settings.
    John L G
  • Gary Smith
    edited July 2020

Nope. Guess again. We have tried exhaustively everything we can think of in Reckon, printer settings, scanner settings, everything we can think of. We realise there must be something we are missing, but don't have a clue as to what it is.
  • John Graetz
    edited September 2019
    So, Gary, if you have say a two page Word document, or say a two page excel file,does it automatically print out double sided or single sided?  Or, if you have any other Reckon report which is more than one page in length, does this automatically print double sided or single sided?
    John L G
  • Graham Meredith_8157454
    Graham Meredith_8157454 Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2019
    Hi Gary

The other trick is when you go to print, save as a pdf and then print but I do agree with John that I am pretty sure it is a printer issue but could be in the Reckon printer settings rather than your printer.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Garry- the settings you need to change are not actually in Reckon itself - they should be changed just before you hit print... see below - after selecting the payslips - and clicking Print - the printer dialogue box comes up - then click Options - depending on the printer you have you will now see settings for that printer - and its here you change it to be not duplex or to not print on both sides...My printer you see below is fairly basic - but you can see where I turn off duplex printing..

but here is an example with one of my other printers - when I click Options - I see a different printer setting box - and you can see where I turn off Duplex....

hope this helps?
  • Gary Smith
    edited July 2020

Whenever the print function is selected, it automatically goes to single sided unless I select duplex or double sided. When in Reckon and we click on the print button, it goes straight to printing the document and does not even give us the opportunity to select any other option.
  • John Graetz
    edited September 2019
    Good alternative idea, Graham

Gary.  There is a Reckon printer setting under File> Printer Setup> Pay Slips which will bring up your default printer.  Again, there is an Options button against the default printer.  When you click on the options button, what does your printer settings tell you there as to the option selected for printing is?  You can ring me on 0428 695454 and I might be able to provide a couple of other ideas.
    John L G 
  • Linda ABC
    edited September 2019
    so are you saying the screen below (ignore the printer name, it would show your printers)... does not come up at all???? that's a bit strange?

• John Graetz
    edited September 2019
    I agree with you Linda.  The preceding screen to this is to select the pay slips to be included in the print run, at which point, you click on OK and it should bring up a similar screen to the above which should bring up one of your own printers.  I have no idea as to why the above screen would not show up as it is a fundamental part of the print process.
    John L G
  • Gary Smith
    edited July 2020

Thanks Linda and John

It appears we were creating the problem, as I suspected was the case, because we were selecting a preview option that was somehow skipping the screen where we could select the 'options' box. Now that we have found the screen you are referring to, we have been able to change the function from two-sided to single sided and the problem is solved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely

Gary C Smith
  • Linda ABC
    edited September 2019
    Excellent!  didnt think to ask if you choose to preview - and yes, the preview button does go straight to printing - I do like to preview before I print, but I always go back to the print screen first to check my settings etc.. well done for getting it sorted!
  • John Graetz
    edited September 2019
    Great news, Gary.  Thanks for letting know.
    John L G