Reckon Accounts Premier 2013 crashes every time I reconcile CC statement

Options
Stephan
Stephan Member Posts: 3
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I just finished reconciling account for Credit Cares. Reckon is preparing cheque for payment.  Task Manager reports Reckon not responding and I have to kill (end task) the running application to get a working application.

I have to log back in, uncheck all transactions and reconcile again.  

Win 7, i7 2.70 GH, 8 meg RAM.

This happens each month I reconcile Credit Cards. 

Also Reckon always changes my default printer to Quickbooks PDF 4 Converter. 

Will an upgrade guarantee solving these bugs?

Regard, Stephan

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options

Stephan, you've probably got something else happening.

Have you tried verifying data and then rebuilding data, see how that goes and if that doesn't work you may have to ring tech support

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options

Try, instead of a cheque, entering a bill for payment later and enter it on the last day of the CC statement. That way your CC ledger should always come back to zero.

And then pay the bill on date actually paid.

• Stephan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes QB recommends that at the end of each session, which I run before closing the application.  I gather this is necessary because the application looses connection to the DB quite often. 
  • Stephan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have not tried entering a bill.  

The month end reconciliation process always defers to writing a cheque, then the account is set to zero for the month once the cheque has been posted. If not posted as per bug described all the transactions are checked and payment is not recorded for the months CC transactions.