Reckon Accounts Premier 2016 Desktop - Very slow

Wendy_6757013
Wendy_6757013 Member Posts: 12
Hi, We have Reckon Accounts Premier 2016 Desktop version and lately the main PC that holds the data is VERY slow to open and load the company file/s.  The other PC's that are used seem ok so it seems like the issue is only with The PC that has the file.
Can anyone offer any suggestions about what might be causing the issue?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Are other operations that you perform on this PC slow as well?

Are you noticing this when performing certain tasks within the file eg. generating reports or is it specific to when you're opening the program/loading company file(s)?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2020
    Hi Wendy,
    Obviously the problem is the computers. How much RAM memory does it have? What operating system are you using because Windows 10 will bog down an older computer with a slower CPU and insufficient RAM. How much free space do you have on your main drive because if it is almost full there won't be enough room for a decent sized Virtual Memory space to be set up.

The database used by the accounting software will make big demands on the computer's hardware and software. If it has only become apparent recently then maybe a Windows 10 update has affected how fast the computer is responding. Also the size of the Virtual Memory drive can be a problem for programs which are memory hungry.

I am running Windows 10 on a Laptop with 16GB of RAM and a Core i7 Intel CPU and a 420GB Solid State Drive for the main storage. It is fast!

Robert Smeallie
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hi Wendy.  How big is you tlg file?  It should only be about 200kb is you are doing a verify as part of your regular backup of the company file.  A big tlg file will slow things down.
    John L G
  • Wendy_6757013
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the feed-back but the PC is less than one year old and top of the line ASUS.16GB of Ram Core i7 intel. 

I do not have issue with any other programs opening.

Problem occurs when opening a company file - here are two companies - one is only small and the other larger.  It also occurs when switching from multi user to single user mode.

Other reports seem fine to open.
  • Wendy_6757013
    edited August 2018
    Hi John, One TLG file is 960kb and the other is 576kb.  We do a verify each time we backup to ensure there is nothing wrong with the files and never get an error.
    I can try doing another one now to see if the TLG file decreases in size.
  • Wendy_6757013
    edited July 2020
    So after I verified the company file the TLG of the 960kb file increased to 1088kb?
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hi Wendy.  Your result is in the ball-park, so I would not be concerned.  It is when it gets into the mb area instead of kb, that you will have a likely problem.  The fact that you are doing a verify at each backup, means that the tlg file should automatically reduce in size.

On another point, it seems that the traditional operation for multi users, is to have the Reckon program and company file loaded onto the server.  As you seem to be doing this a bit differently, that could be another reason for the slowness.
    John L G
  • Wendy_6757013
    edited August 2018
    We have only recently experienced the slowness.  Basically my PC is the file server and the newest PC in the office.  All others are within 3 ears old.

I would appreciate some sort of help / feedback from Reckon on this.

• Wendy_6757013
    edited August 2018
    Can you please see the comments and advise if you know a fix to this.
    thanks