Reckon Accounts Premier 2018 Single Touch Payroll Issue

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Hi
Our company is using Reckon Accounts Premier Non-Profit Edition. We just updated 2018 version in July. 

I joined the company last month and the last Accountant left before I started. I watched the Reckon Single Touch Payroll tutorial online. I registered account under Portal Reckon.

I also linked my company to my account. However, when I uploaded the STP file, nothing happened

Also i can't find exact product under the portal named Reckon Accounts Premier. Is this the reason?
Can you please help urgently?

Thanks
Linda
Photo of Tian Lan

Tian Lan

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 61,348 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tian,

Welcome to Reckon and the world of Single Touch Payroll :) 

In regard to adding your product to GovConnect STP, Reckon Accounts Premier is part of the desktop range of Reckon Accounts so you'll need to select Reckon Accounts Desktop the product selection. I'll add a screenshot below from my test account but the difference is, I have all products selected hence the ticks in all boxes. If you're only using Reckon Accounts Premier, you just need to select Reckon Accounts Desktop.

Do you know if Single Touch Payroll submissions have been made prior to you coming on board in the business?

You might also find this article helpful -
Preparing your Reckon Accounts Company File for your first Single Touch Payroll lodgement

(Edited)
Photo of Tian Lan

Tian Lan

Hi Rav

Thanks for your reply.

I have all my Reckon Portal setup. However when I upload STP file, I have the below  message showing up:

and the file is not uploaded at all.

Yes the previous Manager has configured the portal under her user ID linked to her personal mobile and it was working before. Since she's left the company and I started after she's gone, there is no handover and I just registered a new portal ID under my email address. Is it the reason?

Can you please urgently look into this and advise?

I'm happy to talk to you over the phone if you like. My number is 02 9951 5074.

thanks
Linda

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Linda,

The 'Company information is valid' message relates to a mismatch with the branch number between GovConnect STP and your accounting software ie. Reckon Accounts Premier.

What is the branch number that is listed in Reckon Accounts and what branch number did you add when you created the new STP entity in your Reckon Portal account? 

From what you've advised, I'm guessing since there was no handover the previous manager did not share the STP entity with any other user before leaving did they?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Let me clarify my previous reply,
Do NOT change the branch number from what the actual valid branch number for the business is.

Do you have any ability to access the previous STP entity that has already been set up for your ABN? Its extremely important that you do in order to ensure any subsequent STP reporting is made from the already established/registered credentials for this ABN. This will ensure that the ATO does not view this as two different companies submitting when in reality its only one.
(Edited)
Photo of Tian Lan

Tian Lan

I don't have access to the previous STP eneity, as it's linked to previous Manager's mobile. It will ask for the Authenticator code which I can't get.

Thanks
Linda
Photo of Tian Lan

Tian Lan

Hi Rav

Thanks for your quick response. I just phoned Reckon and they told me I need to put 001 behind the Tax Rego ID. It's working now. I just uploaded one STP file. But I have the below error message from ATO. Can you please assist?

Thanks
Linda

Photo of Tian Lan

Tian Lan

Hi Rave

I just refresh, and another error message showing up:

Can you please assist?

Thanks
Linda

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 61,224 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Linda,
Before we go any further, I need to confirm that you are NOT using an invalid branch number for your ABN.

The reason I ask this is because if STP submissions have been made previously for your ABN then they must continue using the previously setup account and STP entity ie. the STP entity your previous manager created. As mentioned above, if you're using a different/invalid branch number, the ATO will view this as a different business submitting STP submissions.

This is why its particularly important that handover needs to occur for continuity.
Photo of Tian Lan

Tian Lan

Hi Rav

I've managed to submit the second STP file successfully to ATO, with the phone number fixed. But the first file still sits there. Do you know how I can delete the first failed file? Status is submitted but ATO error.

Thanks
Linda