Reckon accounts premier accountant edition

Lucinda Ettridge
Lucinda Ettridge Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello Im trying to open my Reckon Accounts Premier accountant edition 2014 and when I open it comes up with a notification box saying !szFileBuffer.empty() then I say ok and it comes up with another box saying Reckon Accounts -unrecoverable error. Reckon Accounts has experienced a problem and must ne shut down then there is a report and Code:19761 50514...what can I do???

Comments

• Lucinda Ettridge
    edited October 2017
  • Lucinda Ettridge
    edited October 2017
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Lucinda,

Thank you for your query and Welcome to the Reckon Community!

This error means some part of your Reckon Accounts 2014 installation has become corrupted.

You will need to perform a clean uninstall and reinstall of the program in order to fix this. You can follow instructions on how to do this here.

Please ensure before following these instructions that you have copied your data file(s) in a safe location outside of the default location of where Reckon Accounts stores files (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files). I would also put them on some kind of removable media such as a USB and/or external hard drive. If you are also not confident editing your Windows registry you may need to seek assistance from an IT person.

I hope this helps.

Luke.