Reckon Accounts Premier Update to 2017 - Port problems AGAIN

michael.coates
michael.coates Member Posts: 6
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Time to do the annual upgrade to the latest version of Reckon accounts but every year I go through the same problem over and over again. For some reason you need to go in and change all of the port settings to get the latest version to work and I simply can't remember how to do it because it is the 12 months since it was last done. A search on the website on port settings and upgrading from 2016 to 2017 does not bring any results. I don't want to spend 2 days again doing what should be a simple update to the software, instead it ends up as a complete computer reconfiguration every time

Comments

• Phil Dodds
    Phil Dodds Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2017
    I agree, we had to pay to have our IT guy come out to fix ours and he was very pleased as he had done a lot of them for others as well. A great money spinner for him
  • michael.coates
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the reply, but what about people who don't have an "IT Guy" ......  we go through the same thing every year and it wastes days !  It should be a part of the upgrade sequence/procedure imo.

I haven't tried it yet but it will probably "update the database" which means we have no chance but to commit and continue with the upgrade to we get it working again and have no way of going back to 2016. These people really need to get smarter when they are writing to software, the end-users don't need to be software/firewall experts in my opinion !
  • Warren Aitken
    Warren Aitken Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2017
    Thank you Michael & Phil. I had put off upgrading to 2017 as my previous experiences had not been pleasant ones. We use Reckon exclusively in a Grocery store and cannot afford to have the shop down for any period of time. I will be watching this space with interest........
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Michael,

There is info on configuring exceptions on your firewall/anti-virus for the required ports for Reckon Accounts Business here -

Configuring my firewall/antivirus to work with Accounts Business in a multi-user environment

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michael.coates
    edited May 2017
    I really wish it was that easy, you need to do file sharing, folder sharing, user access etc. etc. etc. You can tell how good the instructions are when they refer to Reckon Accounts in one section and then what is now a competitor's product 'Quickbooks' in another section. I will give it a go but I probably won't be a happy camper. I will be surprised if I can get it all to work myself.  Why do you still have reference to what is now a competitor's product, I don't understand that ?
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    This Script does most of what you want, I wrote this some years ago and have added to it over the years. I recommend that your data file is located in its own folder (not the software installation folder) this helps with not having to share the folder on each installation/upgrade, its is also good file management.

Works from VISTA and above (not sure about home version, should do) supports RA 13 and above.

Copy and place in a text file(notepad not word) save it as a .bat file in your datafile (qbw) location.

Right Click and Run as Administrator.

Feel free to use and abuse it.
    ::Reckon Accounts Installation - Firewall Exceptions & User Permissions (RA-INSTALLPREP.bat)
    ::Place RA-INSTALLPREP.bat file in your datafile (QBW) location.
    @ECHO OFF
    SETLOCAL
    CLS
    set TITLE=Reckon Accounts Installation
    set DATAFOLDER=%~dp0
    IF %DATAFOLDER:~-1%==\ SET DATAFOLDER=%DATAFOLDER:~0,-1%
    GOTO Start
    :Start
    ECHO *** %TITLE% ***
    ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions and User Permissions ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO 1.Reckon Accounts 2013
    ECHO 2.Reckon Accounts 2014
    ECHO 3.Reckon Accounts 2015
    ECHO 4.Reckon Accounts 2016
    ECHO 5.Reckon Accounts 2017
    ECHO.

CHOICE /C 12345 /M "Select a Version:"

IF ERRORLEVEL 5 GOTO 2017
    IF ERRORLEVEL 4 GOTO 2016
    IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO 2015
    IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO 2014
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO 2013

:2013
    set YEAR=2013
    set PORT=10176
    set FOLDER=ReckonAccounts 2013
    set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser22
    goto CheckOS

:2014
    set YEAR=2014
    set PORT=10177
    set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2014
    set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser23
    goto CheckOS

:2015
    set YEAR=2015
    set PORT=10178
    set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2015
    set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser24
    goto CheckOS

:2016
    set YEAR=2016
    set PORT=10179
    set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2016
    set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser25
    goto CheckOS

:2017
    set YEAR=2017
    set PORT=10180
    set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2017
    set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser26
    goto CheckOS

:CheckOS
    IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%" ( GOTO 64Bit ) ELSE ( GOTO 32Bit )

:32Bit
    set INSTALL=%PROGRAMFILES%
    goto Action

:64Bit
    set INSTALL=%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%
    goto Action

:Action
    ECHO.
    ECHO 1.Add %YEAR% Exceptions
    ECHO 2.Delete %YEAR% Exceptions
    ECHO.

CHOICE /C 12 /M "Select a Action:"

IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO DeleteExceptions
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO AddExceptions

:AddCommonExceptions
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** Common Firewall Exceptions ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO Adding QBCFMonitorService
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBCFMonitorService" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    ECHO Adding QBUpdate
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBUpdate" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    GOTO CheckSharing

:AddExceptions
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO Adding %YEAR% - Filemangement
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Filemangement" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\FileManagement.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBDBMgr
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgr" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgr.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgrN.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBGDSPlugin.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBW32
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBW32" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBW32.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any
    ECHO Adding %YEAR% - Port:%PORT%
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Port" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=%PORT%
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** Folder Permissions ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO Adding Folder Permissions - user:%DATAUSER%
    icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /grant %DATAUSER%:F
    GOTO AddCommonExceptions

:DeleteCommonCheck
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** WARNING WARNING WARNING ***
    ECHO.

CHOICE /C YN /M "You are about to delete common exceptions that may be used by other versions, press N to cancel or Y to continue."

IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO CheckSharing
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO DeleteCommonExceptions

:DeleteCommonExceptions
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** Common Firewall Exceptions ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO Deleting QBCFMonitorService
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBCFMonitorService" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe"
    ECHO Deleting QBUpdate
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBUpdate" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe"
    GOTO CheckSharing

:DeleteExceptions
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - Filemangement
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Filemangement" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\FileManagement.exe"
    ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBDBMgr
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgr" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgr.exe"
    ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgrN.exe"
    ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBGDSPlugin.exe"
    ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBW32
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBW32" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBW32.exe"
    ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBW32
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Port" protocol=TCP localport=%PORT%
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Deleting Folder Permissions - user:%DATAUSER%
    icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /remove %DATAUSER%
    GOTO DeleteCommonCheck

:AddSharing
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Adding Folder Permissions - user:everyone
    icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /grant everyone:m
    GOTO Finish

:DeleteSharing
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Deleting Folder Permissions - user:everyone
    icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /remove everyone
    GOTO Finish

:CheckSharing
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** MULTIUSER - SIMPLE SHARED FOLDER PERMISSIONS ***
    ECHO.
    ECHO The User 'EVERYONE' will be granted MODIFY rights to your data folder, NOT recommended in a Enterprise Environment(Active Directory), consult I.T. Support
    ECHO.

CHOICE /C YND /M "Change user 'EVERYONE' data folder permissions, press N to cancel, Y to apply or D to Delete."

IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO DeleteSharing
    IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO Finish
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO AddSharing

:Finish
    ECHO.
    ECHO *** %TITLE% - COMPLETED***
    ECHO.

CHOICE /C CE /M "Press E to Exit or C to continue"

IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO EOF
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO Start
  • michael.coates
    edited May 2017
    WOW.....  

At first I was afraid, I was petrified.....   Sorry that's and 1980s song.

I was afraid to try something which made absolutely no sense to me because I am not a coder but I went through the process as you described and it works a treat ! !  

Tim, thank you so very much for your efforts and more importantly, thank you for sharing the results of your hard work.

I ran your code, answered the simple questions that it asked and presto, both of my computers can now connected to the installation location and everything seems to be working perfectly from my initial assessment. What I can't understand is why can't a company selling software actually do this themselves ?
    Again, thank you very much Tim !   It is really appreciated !

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    Hi Michael,

We are not referring to competitor products at all as up to 2013 our product was called QuickBooks, and those versions will always be referred to as QuickBooks.

The KB article, written before 2013, is as relevant to current editions as it is to pre 2013 editions.  

Thanks for highlighting the problem the two names can cause; we have made one line in the KB article a little clearer.

regards,
    John.
  • damask
    damask Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Is it possible to run this on Server 2008 r2 ?
  • Spilly
    edited July 2017
    Yes, what can be done with the script can also do undone with the script.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello Damask,

thanks for asking, and yes you can install Reckon Accounts on a Server 2008R2.  Please see our guide here.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Daniel F
    Daniel F Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2020
    I've updated the file with what I believe to be the details for 2018. Full credit still goes to Tim. I haven't tested it yet, if anyone sees an error, please contribute.
     ::Reckon Accounts Installation - Firewall Exceptions & User Permissions (RA-INSTALLPREP.bat) ::Place RA-INSTALLPREP.bat file in your datafile (QBW) location. @ECHO OFF SETLOCAL CLS set TITLE=Reckon Accounts Installation set DATAFOLDER=%~dp0 IF %DATAFOLDER:~-1%==\ SET DATAFOLDER=%DATAFOLDER:~0,-1% GOTO Start  :Start ECHO *** %TITLE% *** ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions and User Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO 1.Reckon Accounts 2013 ECHO 2.Reckon Accounts 2014 ECHO 3.Reckon Accounts 2015 ECHO 4.Reckon Accounts 2016 ECHO 5.Reckon Accounts 2017 ECHO 6.Reckon Accounts 2018 ECHO.  CHOICE /C 123456 /M "Select a Version:"  IF ERRORLEVEL 6 GOTO 2018 IF ERRORLEVEL 5 GOTO 2017 IF ERRORLEVEL 4 GOTO 2016 IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO 2015 IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO 2014 IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO 2013  :2013 set YEAR=2013 set PORT=10176 set FOLDER=ReckonAccounts 2013 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser22 goto CheckOS  :2014 set YEAR=2014 set PORT=10177 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2014 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser23 goto CheckOS  :2015 set YEAR=2015 set PORT=10178 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2015 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser24 goto CheckOS  :2016 set YEAR=2016 set PORT=10179 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2016 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser25 goto CheckOS  :2017 set YEAR=2017 set PORT=10180 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2017 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser26 goto CheckOS  :2018 set YEAR=2018 set PORT=10181 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2018 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser27 GOTO CheckOS  :CheckOS IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%" ( GOTO 64Bit ) ELSE ( GOTO 32Bit )  :32Bit set INSTALL=%PROGRAMFILES% goto Action  :64Bit set INSTALL=%PROGRAMFILES(X86)% goto Action  :Action ECHO. ECHO 1.Add %YEAR% Exceptions ECHO 2.Delete %YEAR% Exceptions ECHO. CHOICE /C 12 /M "Select a Action:" IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO DeleteExceptions IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO AddExceptions  :AddCommonExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Common Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding QBCFMonitorService netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBCFMonitorService" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding QBUpdate netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBUpdate" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any GOTO CheckSharing  :AddExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding %YEAR% - Filemangement netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Filemangement" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\FileManagement.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBDBMgr netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgr" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgr.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgrN.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBGDSPlugin.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBW32 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBW32" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBW32.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - Port:%PORT% netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Port" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=%PORT% ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding Folder Permissions - user:%DATAUSER% icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /grant %DATAUSER%:F GOTO AddCommonExceptions  :DeleteCommonCheck ECHO. ECHO *** WARNING WARNING WARNING *** ECHO. CHOICE /C YN /M "You are about to delete common exceptions that may be used by other versions, press N to cancel or Y to continue." IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO CheckSharing IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO DeleteCommonExceptions  :DeleteCommonExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Common Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting QBCFMonitorService netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBCFMonitorService" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe" ECHO Deleting QBUpdate netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBUpdate" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe" GOTO CheckSharing  :DeleteExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - Filemangement netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Filemangement" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\FileManagement.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBDBMgr netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgr" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgr.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgrN.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBGDSPlugin.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBW32 netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBW32" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBW32.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBW32 netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Port" protocol=TCP localport=%PORT% ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting Folder Permissions - user:%DATAUSER% icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /remove %DATAUSER% GOTO DeleteCommonCheck  :AddSharing ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding Folder Permissions - user:reckon_users icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /grant reckon_users:m GOTO Finish :DeleteSharing ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting Folder Permissions - user:reckon_users icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /remove reckon_users GOTO Finish  :CheckSharing ECHO. ECHO *** MULTIUSER - SIMPLE SHARED FOLDER PERMISSIONS *** ECHO. ECHO The User 'reckon_users' will be granted MODIFY rights to your data folder, this group will need to be added as a security group in an Enterprise Environment(Active Directory) ECHO. CHOICE /C YND /M "Change user 'reckon_users' data folder permissions, press N to cancel, Y to apply or D to Delete." IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO DeleteSharing IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO Finish IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO AddSharing  :Finish ECHO. ECHO *** %TITLE% - COMPLETED*** ECHO. CHOICE /C CE /M "Press E to Exit or C to continue" IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO EOF IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO Start 
  • Spilly
    edited August 2020
    Here is my modified script
    • Added Default Usergroup (Can be changed in script and during execution)
    • Added 2018 Support if correct..
    • ::Reckon Accounts Installation - Firewall Exceptions & User Permissions (RA-INSTALLPREP.bat) ::Place RA-INSTALLPREP.bat file in your datafile (QBW) location. @ECHO OFF SETLOCAL CLS ::Usergroup Default Setting (change if required) :: example(set DEFAULT_USERGROUP=Reckon_Users) will set folder permissions of the 'Reckon_Users' group to modify. set DEFAULT_USERGROUP=everyone ::DONT NOT CHANGE set TITLE=Reckon Accounts Installation set DATAFOLDER=%~dp0 IF %DATAFOLDER:~-1%==\ SET DATAFOLDER=%DATAFOLDER:~0,-1% GOTO Start :Start ECHO *** %TITLE% *** ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions and Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO 1.Reckon Accounts 2013 ECHO 2.Reckon Accounts 2014 ECHO 3.Reckon Accounts 2015 ECHO 4.Reckon Accounts 2016 ECHO 5.Reckon Accounts 2017 ECHO 6.Reckon Accounts 2018 ECHO. CHOICE /C 123456 /M "Select a Version:" IF ERRORLEVEL 6 GOTO 2018 IF ERRORLEVEL 5 GOTO 2017 IF ERRORLEVEL 4 GOTO 2016 IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO 2015 IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO 2014 IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO 2013 :2013 set YEAR=2013 set PORT=10176 set FOLDER=ReckonAccounts 2013 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser22 goto CheckOS :2014 set YEAR=2014 set PORT=10177 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2014 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser23 goto CheckOS :2015 set YEAR=2015 set PORT=10178 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2015 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser24 goto CheckOS :2016 set YEAR=2016 set PORT=10179 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2016 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser25 goto CheckOS :2017 set YEAR=2017 set PORT=10180 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2017 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser26 goto CheckOS :2018 set YEAR=2018 set PORT=10181 set FOLDER=Reckon Accounts 2018 set DATAUSER=QBDataServiceUser27 goto CheckOS :CheckOS IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%" ( GOTO 64Bit ) ELSE ( GOTO 32Bit ) :32Bit set INSTALL=%PROGRAMFILES% goto Action :64Bit set INSTALL=%PROGRAMFILES(X86)% goto Action :Action ECHO. ECHO 1.Add %YEAR% Exceptions ECHO 2.Delete %YEAR% Exceptions ECHO. CHOICE /C 12 /M "Select a Action:" IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO DeleteExceptions IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO AddExceptions :AddCommonExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Common Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding QBCFMonitorService netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBCFMonitorService" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding QBUpdate netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBUpdate" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any GOTO CheckUserGroup :AddExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding %YEAR% - Filemangement netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Filemangement" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\FileManagement.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBDBMgr netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgr" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgr.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgrN.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBGDSPlugin.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - QBW32 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBW32" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBW32.exe" action=allow program enable=yes dir=in profile=any ECHO Adding %YEAR% - Port:%PORT% netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Port" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=%PORT% ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding Folder Permissions - user:%DATAUSER% icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /grant %DATAUSER%:F GOTO AddCommonExceptions :DeleteCommonCheck ECHO. ECHO *** WARNING WARNING WARNING *** ECHO. CHOICE /C YN /M "You are about to delete common exceptions that may be used by other versions, press N to cancel or Y to continue." IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO CheckUserGroup IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO DeleteCommonExceptions :DeleteCommonExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Common Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting QBCFMonitorService netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBCFMonitorService" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe" ECHO Deleting QBUpdate netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts - QBUpdate" program="%INSTALL%\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe" GOTO CheckSharing :DeleteExceptions ECHO. ECHO *** Firewall Exceptions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - Filemangement netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Filemangement" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\FileManagement.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBDBMgr netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgr" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgr.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBDBMgrN" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBDBMgrN.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBGDSPlugin" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBGDSPlugin.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBW32 netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - QBW32" program="%INSTALL%\Intuit\%FOLDER%\QBW32.exe" ECHO Deleting %YEAR% - QBW32 netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Reckon Accounts %YEAR% - Port" protocol=TCP localport=%PORT% ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting Folder Permissions - user:%DATAUSER% icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /remove %DATAUSER% GOTO DeleteCommonCheck :ChangeUserGroup ECHO. set /p USERGROUP="Please enter the User Group and press enter:" ECHO. ECHO User Group has been set to '%USERGROUP%' ECHO. CHOICE /C YNC /M "Is this correct? Y to continue, N to change, C to Cancel" IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO CheckUserGroup IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO ChangeUserGroup IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO CheckSharing :CheckUserGroup set USERGROUP=%DEFAULT_USERGROUP% ECHO. ECHO *** USERGROUP PERMISSIONS *** ECHO. ECHO The current default UserGroup '%USERGROUP%' will be used to grant rights to your data folder, using 'everyone' is NOT recommended in a Enterprise Environment(Active Directory), consult I.T. Support ECHO. CHOICE /C YN /M "Do you wish to change the default usergroup? (Default:%USERGROUP%) press Y to change, N to continue." IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO CheckSharing IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO ChangeUserGroup :AddSharing ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Adding Folder Permissions - user:%USERGROUP% icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /grant %USERGROUP%:m GOTO Finish :DeleteSharing ECHO. ECHO *** Folder Permissions *** ECHO. ECHO Deleting Folder Permissions - user:%USERGROUP% icacls "%DATAFOLDER%" /q /t /remove %USERGROUP% GOTO Finish :CheckSharing ECHO. ECHO *** MULTIUSER - SHARED FOLDER PERMISSIONS *** ECHO. ECHO The User '%USERGROUP%' will be granted MODIFY rights to your data folder. ECHO. CHOICE /C YND /M "Change user '%USERGROUP%' data folder permissions, press N to cancel, Y to apply or D to Delete." IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO DeleteSharing IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO Finish IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO AddSharing :Finish ECHO. ECHO *** %TITLE% - COMPLETED*** ECHO. CHOICE /C CE /M "Press E to Exit or C to continue" IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO EOF IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO Start
  • Spilly
    edited April 2018
    usergroup will be an issue, so i have posted a modified script below
  • Daniel F
    edited April 2018
    You're a star Tim, thanks for that. I looked at the usergroup, but not hard enough, obviously. Very nice work
  • Rodney Freed
    Rodney Freed Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I had the same problem after upgrading, looked on internet and found the latest 2018 version of the script. With heart in mouth, I ran it, and HEY PRESTO, it all works. Now did I say thank you before!!!
  • Shane Harris
    Shane Harris Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2020
    Hi Everyone,
    I have modified this script to allow for the the multiple ports listed here:
    • QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
    • QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
    • QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
    File needs to be ran as Administrator, after running the script, you need to restart your computer.

Get the file here: http://bit.ly/QB-Script

Cheers
  • Terrence Houlahan
    Terrence Houlahan Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Hi Shane,

The file you posted to google drive doesn't have the entries for 2018. Can you please post that version?

Thanks
  • Shane Harris
    edited July 2018
    Hi Terrence,

Sorry my apologies, please try again now and let me know how you go.
  • Spilly
    edited July 2018
    Do you realise Shane what you have posted is completely incorrect, the above references are for US version of Quickbooks & nothing to do with Reckon
  • Terrence Houlahan
    Terrence Houlahan Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Hi Shane,

That did it. Thanks for the quick response.

• Shane Harris
    edited July 2018
    Hi Tim,

Its all I could find and it worked.

Do you know what ports are required?

If so I can update the batch file.

EDIT: Just realised who I was talking to (Original Script creator) lol Perhaps you can post an updated one?
  • Shane Harris
    edited July 2018
    Hi Terrence,

Glad it worked for you.
  • Spilly
    edited July 2018
    The new one is posted above
  • Shane Harris
    edited July 2018
    Very strange, the single port didn’t work for me, I had to add the multiple ports I found mentioned on google for it to work. Either way, thanks heaps for your original script, it helped me a few times.
  • Daniel F
    edited July 2018
    " it helped me a few times" - a slight understatement :)
  • Shane Harris
    edited July 2018
    hahaha perhaps I should have said "I have needed it every time I have upgraded"
  • Daniel F
    edited July 2018
    Ha ha, me too. Original script is by  Tim Spillman, by the way, not me. Think about editting  Quickbooks_Port_Fix/#L245
  • Danielle Carlson_6776821
    Danielle Carlson_6776821 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone have the script for Quickbooks 2011/12 by any chance?

• Spilly
    edited August 2020
    Support from Windows VIsta,Windows Server 2008 & Above

Quickbooks 08 - 12/13 
    QB - INSTALLPREP.TXT
    Reckon Accounts 13 - Current
    RA - INSTALLPREP.TXT
  • Danielle Carlson_9996271
    Danielle Carlson_9996271 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Do you have the 2019 port fix yet?