Reckon Accounts unrecoverable error 1414705868

Kerrie_9947831
Kerrie_9947831 Member Posts: 17
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When I backup my data files I keep getting the 'Reckon Accounts - Unrecoverable Error
Code : 14147 05868
This is happening with all my data files for various companies.
I have verified and rebuilt these data files a number of times.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Reckon 3 times now.  As I was also having a 'auregfind Query Failed' Error Code happening with doing online banking files.  And also had problem with saving files to PDF.  
The reinstall has seemed to fix the auregfind error, and the PDF errors, but the error after backing up has remained
This messages also appeared when using sample company file.
Any ideas
Thank you

Comments

• Kerrie_9947831
    edited June 2019
    Hi Kevin
    I have tried backing up this data file on my Windows 10 laptop and the same error comes up after the back up is finished and you press ok after backup

• Paul L_10112959
    Paul L_10112959 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Hi Kerrie
    I have  a simialr problem. Unrecoverable Error after backup. COde 1414705757.
    Have you been able to resolve your problem?
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Paul and Kerrie,

Did any errors get detected during the Verify Data operation?

When did you last successfully backup with no errors detected?

Is there an actual QBB (Backup) file being created once the backup process completes, but before the error message is displayed?

Can the backups that are created be successfully restored?

Are you able to create a portable file?

Can the portable files that are created be successfully restored?

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Kerrie_9947831
    edited August 2019
    Hi 
    - No errors were detected during verify data. I have done this quite a few times, and also rebuilt data file numerous times.
    - There is a QBB file created and I have restored this backup successfully onto my laptop.
    But it still closes the program down at the end of the backup and states unrecoverable error 
    - I haven't tried creating a portable file as the backups seem to be working for restoring purposes even with the error.
    - This problem only occurred 2 weeks ago, after I reinstalled Reckon again as I was having problems with auregfind queries with online banking with one data file.
    - I have also done a full uninstall from your instructions and reinstalled the program again.
    I am not having the auregfind problems now, and everything else seems to be working ok, except for this unrecoverable error after I perform a back up.
    Thank you
  • Kerrie_9947831
    edited July 2019
    Hi Paul
    No, problem still exists.  At least the back up is ok, that is the main worry, but still not sure why it closes the program with this unrecoverable error message!!
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kerrie,

Recommend you submit a data service request so we can perform a free analysis.

https://www.reckon.com/au/data-services-request/

We can then confirm whether we can replicate the same situation and if possible identify a solution.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Peter Wrensted
    Peter Wrensted Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Ever since I upgraded to Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2019 at the end of the financial year, I get the same 'Reckon Accounts - Unrecoverable Error Code : 14147 05868' and the program has to close. I appears to save the back up copy onto the portable drive.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    Hi Peter,

Can you confirm whether you mean:

a) QBB onto a portable/external hard disk drive
    b) QBM portable file on the local hard disk drive
    c) QBM portable file on the external hard disk drive

Are you performing these backups with the option "full verification' enabled?

If you have not done so already, try performing the backup on the local hard disk drive with the full verification backup option enabled.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Kerrie_9947831
    edited July 2019
    Hi Data Recovery Team
    I have received your emails with regard to sending through data files, etc, but just one thing I have today tried to open a completely new data file and the same unrecoverable error occurs when I do a backup of this completely new data file.  As this error is the same with all my data files, I am not sure whether the problem lies within the data files or whether it may be a program installation problem.  Although I have reinstalled the program over the last couple of months and it has not rectified the problem.
    I have the program installed on my work computer and also on my laptop and the same error occurs after backup's.
    Thanks
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kerrie,

If it appears to affect all files even a brand new one, then it is more likely a software installation issue, or software conflict with other installed applications, or other contributing factors.

This issue would likely require additional troubleshooting.

Try the following support article.
    Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

If after attempting those steps you still have no resolution, we recommend you consult further with the Technical Support Team regarding the software installation, considering factors such as Windows user account permissions, folder locations, folder path lengths, etc.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Kerrie_9947831
    edited August 2019
    Thank you Data Recovery
    I have performed the clean un-install as advised and re-installed program from new download and all is now fixed.  Can back up file with no unrecoverable error now.
    All fixed

• Kerrie_9947831
    edited August 2019
    Hi Paul
    Problem now fixed.
    Performed clean un-install as per instructions below and re-installed program from new download and all fixed now.
    Hope this helps you
  • Kerrie_9947831
    edited August 2019
    Hi Peter
    Problem now fixed.
    Performed clean un-install as per instructions below and re-installed program from new download and all fixed now.
    Hope this helps you
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited August 2019
    Hi Kerrie,

Glad to hear the article has helped resolve the issue.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team