Reckon Accounts - Unrecoverable Error

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Editing a transaction - save - this error comes up. Also used to happen when using the desktop version

Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

• 1,402 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Toni

Toni

• 2,138 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yes happens to me to - Ive done rebuild and still happens and verification says no errors 
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

yep I've done rebuild and verification. No problems. Reckon why are we getting this error? Looking at past posts, this has been ongoing for a couple of years now....time to fix it!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 54,684 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jo-Anne,
This is not an ongoing issue, an unrecoverable error message such as what you've highlighted refers to a corruption within your data file which unfortunately can occur on occasion.

If you've conducted a rebuild & verify and its showing no errors it means the process could not locate the error.

You've mentioned in your opening post this occurs when you're editing a transaction, does it occur on a particular transaction or ANY transaction? I suspect its just the one particular transaction which has become corrupt and you will need to delete it and redo that transaction.
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

Rav, there are many posts stating the same problem. 
My issue this time is with a superannuation payment that has been posted and paid. I have gone back into the transaction to break down the payment details by entering amounts for different employees. I have also had this problem when editing transactions in the item list
Photo of Toni

Toni

• 2,138 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, as we have been in the middle of stock taking,  I have found that when I go back to edit an entry it crashes with the same error in the Adjust Inventory Jnl screen - didn't happen every time but regularly enough to be frustrating.
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

I have had this same error occur again after I added an item to an invoice I created this morning. I was closing the invoice and this error occurred.