Reckon Accounts unrecoverable error

Mike Thew
Mike Thew Member Posts: 9
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon Accounts Premier 2017
 Unrecoverable error number 19527 00194

When I try to load Accounts I am getting the following notification !SZfile buffer.empty() when I click on OK it takes me to an unrecoverable error 19527 00194

Today is the first time I have had the error and it occurred after a computer reboot, loading fine prior to reboot.
I would br grateful for any assistance.

Mike 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Mike,
    There's a KB article on that error message which should help get this sorted for you -

When I try to open Reckon Account/QuickBooks I get an error Notification: !sz File Buffer .empty

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mike Thew
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Rav
    I have uninstalled and re-installed ( as per the KB article) twice now and I am still getting the same unrecoverable error
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Mike,
    Just checking, when you performed the uninstalls from the KB were they 'clean' uninstallations? ie. removing all Reckon program components from your PC as well?

Also, when is this error occurring for you? ie. when you're opening the program in general or your company file?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mike Thew
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav,
    Error occurs almost immediately after I click on Accounts icon, before the company file.
    I just did an uninstall from windows control panel. What other files do I need to uninstall? QBW file, downloaded zip install file, desktop shortcuts, older versions of accounts (2016), any others
    Thanks Mike
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    Check out steps 2 and 3 in this KB article -

Performing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Reckon Accounts Business

I think there might be an auxiliary file which is contributing to this error so removing all components should help to clear this problem.

• Mike Thew
    edited June 2018
    Hello Rav
    I finally got it sorted, loading fine now. I had trouble deleting 2 files in the common files/Intuit folder, had to delete them whilst in Selective Startup Mode. Many thanks for your help.
    Mike
  • dorothy
    dorothy Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have a same problem. May I know where & what files that you have deleted?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hello Dorothy,

Please follow the article mentioned above:
    Performing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Reckon Accounts Business

Also, use a 3rd party uninstaller - Revo Uninstaller is a free to use programme that does a good job.

regards,
    John