Reckon Android login

Paul Hasler
Paul Hasler Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Reckon One
I am Evaluating Reckon One.
I have gone through the setup process on my PC.
I have used the "Sign in with Google" option.

I now want to look at the Android App, so I can also work on the go.
When I start the app I am presented with a login screen asking for Username & Password.
There is no "Sign in with Google" option on the Android App !?!
I've tried entering the email and password for my Google account, but I get a "500 Internal Server Error".

I can log in and out on the PC using the "Sign in with Google" option, no problems.

How can I log in to the Android App?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi there Paul,

Apologies for the confusion,

At the moment, users who usually sign in to the Reckon Portal using their Google or Microsoft account are unable to do so on the dedicated Reckon app itself. The Reckon One mobile team are working to include this capability in the next update of the app.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Paul Hasler
    Paul Hasler Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the clarification.

For now, is there a way for me to add a username and password to my existing account on the PC, so I could then use it in the Android App?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi there Paul,

I've checked in with the Reckon One team on your query and unfortunately a 'regular' user name & password can't be added to accounts that have been linked with Google or Microsoft account credentials.

The good news is, development work is already underway on getting the functionality included into the Reckon One mobile app to allow Google/Microsoft logins.

In the interim, have you checked out logging into Reckon One using your phone browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter Selwyn
    Peter Selwyn Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2018
    Hi,
    Does this work yet please?  I just ried logging into the Reckon App, using my Google login (which works on my PC getting into ReckonOne), but it keeps telling me the device is not connected to the Internet (when I clearly know it is connected).
    Any advice please?
    Thanks
    Peter
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Peter,
    Are you using an Android phone? If so, can I get you to try the following

Settings > Apps > Find the Reckon app in the list that populates > Storage > Clear Data (This is the path I follow on my phone which is a Galaxy Note 8 so it might differ slightly based on your phone model).

Once the above is completed, can you please try logging back in and let me know if you continue to have the same problem?

• Peter Selwyn
    edited July 2018
    Yes it's an Android phone.HTC E9+
    I went to the App in Settings and Cleared data.  Same problem.
    What happens, on closer insperction, is that when I run it, it says 'Welcome, Get signed in so you can manage all your Reckon One data anytime......', then 'Let's Go'.  Hit L'et's Go' and I get a page to sign in.
    Options are to sign in with Username/ID and password, with Office 365 or with Google.
    On my PC I've only ever logged into ReckonOne with Google, and I don't even know my username/password for the ReckonOne login (though I suspect it may be the same as my Google account).
    Anyway, I hit 'Sign in with Google', as I do on the PC, then it asks me which Google account to us (I have two). 
    I hit the relevant account.
    After a second or two, it gives me a page saying 'Authenticated', indicating that the credentials are correct, but then instantly (less than one second) it goes to a page telling me that 'it looks like your device has no internet connection, please connect and try again'.  Plus an 'OK' button.  When you hit that, it takes you back to the Welcom message and the 'Let's Go' button. 
    Hit that again and it just repeats the process.
    The phone is connected to my home WiFi with a strong signal the whole time.
    So, I'm stuck.....
    Thanks
    Peter
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Peter, apologies for getting back to you so late on this

I'm asking our Reckon One devs to take a closer look into this and just need to ask, which specific version of Android are you running on your HTC E9 Plus?

• Peter Selwyn
    edited July 2018
    It's Android 5.0.2
    Thanks Rav
  • Peter Selwyn
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav
    Any update please?  Still won't work - same symptoms.
    Cheers
    Peter
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Peter,
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
    Unfortunately, I don't have much of an update on this in terms of an immediate solution just yet. The team are reviewing this in conjunction with a full revamp of our Reckon app however this is still in its very early stages currently and I don't have a timeline at this stage.