Reckon closing then stating that the user is already logged in

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Yesterday in the middle Reckon closed without reason, then when I tried to log back in it stated I was already logged in.  I went the to control panel and logged off user, refreshed and had to log it off several times before it no longer appeared.  Is some unknown person loging into our file?  I was using Chrome, so today I tried Firefox but had printing issues, tried Internet Explorer 11 but go a message stating the security certificate was not secure, went back to Chrome and the same thing happened to yesterday, downloaded Safari, I can login to the dashboard but not into the file!  So between 8am and 1:30pm I have hardly got any work done.  We have two logins, however all the problems we have relate to the main login including the copy/paste function errors.  I have used this product for 17 years but feeling like I need to try MYOB or Xero. 
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,872 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Liz Hogg

Liz Hogg

• 714 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Kerrie, go to Control Panel and then to log off remote sessions. Log off the remote sessions. then close and log in again. This should work. It happens regularly to me. Liz
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you Liz, I am doing this but it shouldn't be happening and it's wasting a lot of time.  It's also very embarassing when you have customers waiting.
Photo of Liz Hogg

Liz Hogg

Your welcome, its a sham this Reckon On Line. So frustrating. i waste so much time with this system. Its just the time also in changing and extra cost but will be soon. Its so non productive for my Business.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,230 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way Liz

Have you been in touch with our support team to raise any cases or have any performance issues investigated?
Photo of Liz Hogg

Liz Hogg

yes many a time sat on the phone for ages trying to get through. more productive time lost. I have these issues every day... logging me out whilst typing. slow, unresponsive. I can;t afford to them sit on the phone and wait for someone to answer...... Ever since it changed last year its been a total disaster for my business. Im trying to find the time and resources to change to a provider that will give me what I need. Reliability and functionality
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,232 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Kerrie is it happening on one computer or any that you use? Have you tested your internet connection? What anti virus are you using? I use the Hosted system every day. I dont have these issues. Before you even consider migrating to another system you should consider, they ALL have their idiosyncracies. I know because I use all of them. Reckon hosted is comparatively stable and the speed is in the middle of the range. Its definitely not the worst.

Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,230 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Kerrie,

As above I'd recommend logging off all active users but also ensure that both the files and account are being closed properly ie. not just closing the browser or tab. Make sure to select File > Exit within the file and then logout using the logout option. 

Another step I'd suggest is to clear your browser cache and cookies, restart the PC and then retry and see if the problems persist.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 24,408 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Rav.  In Kerrie's case she cannot shut down properly as she suddenly had access stopped.  On the other hand, are you suggesting that a possible reason for drop outs could be because users have not followed the correct procedure to close their active sessions? 

Which brings me to another point.  When Reckon elects to close the connection because of inactivity, is it using the File>Exit procedure or forcing a shut down?  I must say though that I have never experienced a problem logging back in after having Reckon force a shut down.

Kerrie.  In a post yesterday, Kevin Russell suggested that reasons for drop outs were likely due to a poor internet connection.  Do you have a good internet service?

John L G

Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

Kerrie.  In relation to your first initial points.  If you are running in multi-user mode, another user can logon.  If running in single user mode, nobody else can.  The active user should show up when you try to log off remote sessions.  In one instance I had, I could not log on and it turned out that our external auditors had logged on and were running in single user mode - we had shared the file with them and they were using their own registered login details..  If you have given your main user details to an external party, they could be logged on when you try to do so.

There may be many people out there who will strongly object to what I am about to say next, regarding the expired security certificate.  My belief is that if I am dealing with a well known party like Microsoft, I can ignore that warning. If somebody tells me that I am mad, then I am prepared to listen.  I have been known to do this in the past without there being any ramifications.

John L G

Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you John,

We are running in multi user mode, user 1 drops out and not because of inactivity.  If you then go to the control panel it states that someone is logged in, no-one else has logged into user 1 other than myself for the last two weeks.  When you log out the remote session in the control panel then refresh it, it states that there is a login so you have to log out the remote session again, over and over and over until finally it clears. We have excellent internet connection.  This issue has just arose in the last two days. When it comes to security, we will never ignore a warning even if they are well known party.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kerrie have you tried logging on from a different computer?
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

Kerrie.  At what point do you get the Security Certificate warning in IE11 - when doing anything in IE11 or only when you tried to log into Reckon?  If the latter, then I would suggest that this is an issue for Reckon to resolve quickly for you - I know that you are likely to say that you haven't got the time to hold your breath.  However, I don't have the issue and another close associate who uses IE11 doesn't either, so again, it seems to be something peculiar to your environment, but surely is an issue which Reckon should be able to address pretty quickly for you.

John L G

Photo of Kevin Russell

John precisely why I suggested logging in from another computer. I have a feeling this is environment dependent.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you Rav,

As issues have been ongoing over many years I have read and followed the above instructions.  We alway exit within the file, I regularly clear cache and cookies and restart the PC and the problems still persist, along with new problems all the time.  

It is getting to the point that we are spending so much time trying to fix the problems ourselves that the program is becoming unproductive for many users and it's taking too much time away from the work we are employed and paid to do. 10+ minutes per day soon adds up to an hour a week, 52 hours a year!  And when you have a customer standing in front of you waiting for their invoice or receipt it is embarassing that it takes so long. We have changed our payroll to Xero already and it is great, in the two years we have been using it we haven't had any problems.  

It would be nice to know that Reckon IT experts are looking into and trying to solve the problems within a reasonable time not years.  I really like Reckon and it has a lot of our historical information that we use but with so many problems I now no longer recommend it to others.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kerrie your experience is not usual. I use the system every day. So do many of my clients. If your experience was normal the system would not exist. Id still be trying to use a different PC or laptop or tablet. Im happy to log in remotely and have a look at your environment if you think it will help.

Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you Kevin, today I have been logged in all day and the problem has not re-occured.  I will monitor it over the next couple of days and I will also test on another computer.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.