Reckon Enterprise 2014 is not sending emails via outlook 365 just installed. emailing successfully f

Linda Tempest
Linda Tempest Member Posts: 2
Reckon Enterprise 2014 is not sending emails via outlook 365 just installed. This was emailing successfully from outlook 2010. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Ahem Reckon won't email from a Web based email service. It must be mapi compliant. This is one of the system requirements. Hopefully next year we will be able to email from my Google account.
  • Linda Tempest
    Linda Tempest Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for clarifying that. We are printing the invoices and statements to a 'Cute PDF' file and then emailing as an attachment. A bit drawn out but working.
  • Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda. 

We are successfully emailing from Outlook 365.  We use Thunderbird as our norm but soon discovered that Reckon wouldn't work with it.  We now are able to email with 365 but we do get an error message "This action could not be completed because "Company Name - Invoice - Message (Plain Text)" program is not responding.  Choose "Switch To" and correct the problem."

The Outlook 365 window pops up,  I send the email and then I just hit the "Switch To" button and cancel the operation.

When emailing a Purchase Order, if the email address  is not already loaded against the supplier, we get a MAPI error.  However if sending an Invoice then if the email address is not loaded we receive the standard window to load the email address.

I received the same info - that Reckon would not work with 365, however it seems to be working OK for us.

Not sure if this helps - I can't explain why it is working for us.  :-)