Reckon Gov Connect

Carleen
Carleen Member Posts: 33
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am a little confused and would like clarification, i updated my Enterprise Reckon file from Enterprise 2017 to Enterprise 2018, from the Reckon Portal and i logged into the Webinar yesterday about STP and was told that that the Reckon Gov connect was not yet available to download, but there was a download for Gov connect and so i did download this. Have i done the wrong thing or is this the right download to use?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Good question Carleen,
    The webinar would have been referring to our upcoming Reckon GovConnect cloud solution which is an online portal that you use to upload your STP data. This is currently planned for release in June (pending product verification testing from the ATO).

The current Reckon GovConnect that you saw when you logged into the Members Area is the current method for BAS lodgement for Reckon Accounts Business & Hosted.
    For desktop users of Reckon Accounts Business such as your Enterprise version, it can be downloaded & installed to your PC from that link, but as you've installed & upgraded its already been done for you with the program.

In respect to your Enterprise 2018 version, you haven't done anything wrong at all. You just need to install the upcoming tax update which is also planned for release in late June.

Hopefully that makes sense, but let us know if you have any questions.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Carleen
    Carleen Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for your timely reply, all good, Cheers
  • Cathy Purcell
    Cathy Purcell Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018

Hi,

Can I upload the STP file thru my auskey or do I need MyGov?

thanks

• Leshelle
    Leshelle Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2020
    Same question as Cathy, I currently use the ATO business portal for PAYG activity statements.
    Will I be able to continue to use that for pay cycle events in STP?
    thanks
  • Cathy Purcell
    Cathy Purcell Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018
    Hi Leshelle I rang the ATO & yes we can upload our reports through the portal. On the main menu select manage employees (under activity statement) Then there is STP reporting option image
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Cathy and Leshelle,

The Business Portal STP reporting page is only to list what has been submitted through your STP system

In Reckon's case, this is the Reckon GovConnect STP application that will be launched next week alongside our tax table updates.

You need your own AUSKEY to register the software ID from Reckon GovConnect STP to allow Reckon to submit STP data on your behalf, or alternately you can call the ATO and register the software ID that way, if you do not wish to get an AUSKEY.

There is no way for a business to upload STP data to the business portal. You must be using a commercial payroll product to do so as the ATO has not provided a mechanism for this data to be uploaded.

You can find more help-style information about Reckon GovConnect STP (which is launching next week) here:

https://help.reckon.com/customer-portal/products/govconnect/single-touch-payroll

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Rav . Just read all info in the link above. So do I need a new Auskey or is the one I have for ATO business portal ok to use?
  • Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Cathy. Are you finding this confusing or is it just me ? I would have liked more time between first seeing the new software and running the first pay.
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    You can use the same AUSKEY, you just need to register the Software ID for the new GovConnect STP app (launching next week) in your ATO Access Manager.

I know this is pretty overwhelming and there's lots to get your head around so what I'd suggest is to register and attend our live webinar being held next week if you can. We'll have a full step by step demo along with the ability to ask our STP experts questions.
    Info on the webinar here - Single Touch Payroll: Pre-release WEBINAR - 25 June 

• Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Rav, Yes already registered.