Reckon GovConnect issue

Michael Gould
Michael Gould Member Posts: 17
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Are there issues with Reckon GovConnect? When I try to launch Single Touch Payroll the page comes up with 3 lines across the top saying "Something went wrong"

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hey there Michael,
    Does this appear when click on the STP entity/tile itself? Have you been able to use STP services successfully on any previous occasions?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Gould
    edited January 2020
    Hi Ray
    Yes, i successfully submitted last fortnight.
    When I open the Reckon GovConnect Product, I click on the Open button in the Interchange Loddon-Mallee Region Inc tile to launch Single Touch Payroll.
    The next screen has 3 text boxes at the top of the screen that says "Something went wrong" and no links to the software (Reckon Accounts Desktop).
    Regards
    MIchael

• Michael Gould
    edited January 2020
    Ooops, or the list of previous files, their details, status etc.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for getting back to me,
    Ok, I've had a chat with our Support team about what you're experiencing as I haven't come across it before.

They've advised this occurs when the Reckon Portal account holder has added another Reckon Portal user as a 'Staff' member in their Portal account. While the 'Staff' function is used specifically for Reckon One & Reckon Cloud POS, the effect it has at the moment is to display the STP tile to that user but they're unable to use it.

So, where to from here..
    Firstly, lets clarify, are you the primary Reckon Portal account holder or an additional user who needs access to submit STP pay events?

If you're an additional user, what needs to happen is the STP tile needs to be shared to you or any other users that need access by the primary account holder. Once that is done, the STP tile will display in YOUR Reckon Portal account and more importantly, be fully functional.
    The sharing process is detailed here - Sharing Reckon GovConnect STP entities

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Gould
    edited January 2020
    Hi Rav
    I am the admin and only user.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hmmm ok, and there haven't been any other Reckon Portal accounts created?

I'm a bit stumped to what the cause is at this stage to be honest.

• Michael Gould
    edited July 2018
    I have emailed the screenshots to advantage@reckon.com.au, so hope they will be able to sort it - it may take a Team Viewer or Go To Meeting session to ensure my settings are correct, though i hadn't logged in since the last time i successfully uploaded the STP data last fortnight and haven't changed any settings.
  • Michael Gould
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav
    I am still having the issue - I emailed about it to advantage@reckon.com but haven't heard back, not even an acknowledgment of my first or second follow up emails of 20 and 30 July 2018.
    Any ideas on how to get this resolved?

Regards
    Michael
  • Straight Steer Automotive
    Straight Steer Automotive Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018

I have same problem with same message . Can't log in to Gov Connect

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    Sorry to hear that Michael,

Can I grab the ABN of your STP entity and I'll see if I can track down a dev to help me understand the cause of this error.

• Michael Gould
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav
    Thank you for our response and assistance.
    I received an email from Reckon this morning (which I suspect may have been a result of your intervention!?).
    I was composing a reply, including screenshots of the issue that I had downloaded from GovConnect this morning as it was still an issue today.
    Before I could send it - we had one of our IT provider techs visiting the office for another matter and I asked him to have a look when I logged in to get his opinion.
    When I logged in and clicked the Launch STP button it worked!  My previous submissions were listed and I was well chuffed.
    I completed the email to Reckon with an update on the successful login and asked if there had been a update or other intervention from their end - haven't heard back yet.
    I'll let you know what they say.
    Regards
    Michael 
  • Michael Gould
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav
    My happiness at GovConnect working was short-lived - it is giving me the same messages again!
    I have emailed Reckon this morning, hopefully they will get back to me soon - I woudl appreciate any assistance, the ABN is 75413657328
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hey Michael,
    Ok, had a chat with our STP dev, the other reason this error message can appear is because our transmission URL is being blocked by firewall/security settings.

Specifically, this URL https://stp-api.reckonapi.com, can you please check if this is being blocked and if so, add it to your Exceptions. 

• Michael Gould
    edited August 2018

Thank you Rav
    I'll get our IT people onto it on Monday - they had added the reckon domain to the firewall exceptions but not sure if the api in reckonapi.com will mean that URL will need to be added separately.
    Regards
    Michael