Reckon Home and Business 2020 update - severe issues

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
The upgraded 2020 version is riddled with errors, keeps corrupting transactions after about 5.  Does not import QIF files.  It is simply not working.  Running Windows 10.  Have been using this product for years without issue - the 2019 to 2020 upgrade has simply screwed everything.
Photo of Johnathon Reeves

Johnathon Reeves

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • fed-up and frustrated

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of AFX de Sousa

AFX de Sousa

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have not loaded it up for exactly the reasons you mention. I usually wait until half-way through the year so problems can get ironed out. I have been using Quicken/Reckon since 2003. I will be closely following the responses from Reckon (if any!!!)

Johnathon Reeves

See my comment below - they also will not let me re-install 2019.  Same as you, I have been using Reckon since well before the split to Quicken / Reckon.  I also use Reckon One for my companies.
Photo of Eric Murphy

Eric Murphy

• 544 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That's a pretty generic post so far. Have you validated/super validated your file? Uninstalled/reinstalled?
The file name being shorter than 8 characters is apparently something that cuts down errors. Maybe try some of those. The program is archaic and pretty much on its last legs.

Johnathon Reeves

*I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running as administrator - file name is already short as it has been for the last several years.  With regards to the program being archaic - completely agree - however Reckon does not offer personal software that tracks investments as a cloud option.  I currently use Reckon One for my three income generating companies - and H&B for my personal tracking.  

*I just called technical help - and they basically said - too bad too sad - they don't provide support for H&B.  Nor can I re-install 2019 which worked.

*So the issues so far:
** Cannot import transactions from a downloaded QIF file from NAB.  Cannot amend / create more than 4 in a row before the program freezes, deletes all categories and must be shutdown.
** When this happens I have to re-start the program twice. The first time it cannot locate any files. The second time it will see the files and i can re-open to be able to process 4 transactions.
** This happens across all types of accounts from loans, investments, credit cards, cash etc.

Johnathon Reeves

*Have tried running reports without success. None of the reports in Banking, Spending, Comparison, Tax, Net Worth or Business work.  All the reports in Investing do.     Seriously.

Photo of Karen Dorrell

Karen Dorrell

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Not happy either...

Johnathon Reeves

For no actual upgrade / real update to the program - I don't know how they managed to make it so bad!?!?
Photo of Karen Dorrell

Karen Dorrell

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I persisted with Reckon (via Sales and Registration team) and today they told me there WERE issues with the download link recently.  They provided me with a new one today and after doing a fresh install, it now seems to be working ok.  Not sure if this information will help you.

Johnathon Reeves

I've just done this and it seems to be working.. *Knock on wood*.  Although - it was a bit of a battle for them to provide a new link - which in the end was as simple as them emailing it through.  But the definitely did not want to believe me that their software might have issues.....