Reckon Home and Business 2020 update - severe issues

Johnathon Reeves
Johnathon Reeves Member Posts: 16
The upgraded 2020 version is riddled with errors, keeps corrupting transactions after about 5.  Does not import QIF files.  It is simply not working.  Running Windows 10.  Have been using this product for years without issue - the 2019 to 2020 upgrade has simply screwed everything.

Comments

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    That's a pretty generic post so far. Have you validated/super validated your file? Uninstalled/reinstalled?
    The file name being shorter than 8 characters is apparently something that cuts down errors. Maybe try some of those. The program is archaic and pretty much on its last legs.
  • Johnathon Reeves
    edited November 2019
    *I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running as administrator - file name is already short as it has been for the last several years.  With regards to the program being archaic - completely agree - however Reckon does not offer personal software that tracks investments as a cloud option.  I currently use Reckon One for my three income generating companies - and H&B for my personal tracking.  

*I just called technical help - and they basically said - too bad too sad - they don't provide support for H&B.  Nor can I re-install 2019 which worked.

*So the issues so far:
    ** Cannot import transactions from a downloaded QIF file from NAB.  Cannot amend / create more than 4 in a row before the program freezes, deletes all categories and must be shutdown.
    ** When this happens I have to re-start the program twice. The first time it cannot locate any files. The second time it will see the files and i can re-open to be able to process 4 transactions.
    ** This happens across all types of accounts from loans, investments, credit cards, cash etc.

• Johnathon Reeves
    edited November 2019
    See my comment below - they also will not let me re-install 2019.  Same as you, I have been using Reckon since well before the split to Quicken / Reckon.  I also use Reckon One for my companies.

• Johnathon Reeves
    edited November 2019
    *Have tried running reports without success. None of the reports in Banking, Spending, Comparison, Tax, Net Worth or Business work.  All the reports in Investing do.     Seriously.

• Karen Dorrell_9175330
    Karen Dorrell_9175330 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019
    Not happy either...

• Johnathon Reeves
    edited November 2019
    For no actual upgrade / real update to the program - I don't know how they managed to make it so bad!?!?
  • Karen Dorrell_9175330
    Karen Dorrell_9175330 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019
    I persisted with Reckon (via Sales and Registration team) and today they told me there WERE issues with the download link recently.  They provided me with a new one today and after doing a fresh install, it now seems to be working ok.  Not sure if this information will help you.
  • Johnathon Reeves
    edited November 2019
    I've just done this and it seems to be working.. *Knock on wood*.  Although - it was a bit of a battle for them to provide a new link - which in the end was as simple as them emailing it through.  But the definitely did not want to believe me that their software might have issues.....

• Jennifer Whyte
    Jennifer Whyte Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    It's terrible
  • Samford
    Samford Member Posts: 2

I have been using the earlier versions of Home & Business since about 1995, and it has worked fine, doing all I wanted it to do. However, recently, since Jan 2020 it will not recognise dates after 1st Jan 2020. So it will print out perfectly a report for 01/01/2019 to 31/12/2019, but when I changed the last date to 01/01/2020 the program crashes. I have uninstalled the program, turned the computer off, reinstalled the program from the downloaded version I have been sent, about 4 times so far, but alas, it continues to have this problem.

I really don't want to change to another program because it has taken so long to master the idiosyncrasies of this one, and I really believe it would be a simple fix for those who write the program. So at the moment I am waiting for some kind of assistance from Quicken/Reckon.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Have you tried a validate & a super vaidate?

• Samford
    Samford Member Posts: 2

What is a validate and super validate??

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

To validate follow the instructions in the link below but DO NOT hold down the control key on your keyboard.

To super validate: https://help.reckon.com/article/fdjus8b5n1-kba-2784-how-do-i-super-validate-my-quicken-file

• pandrew
    pandrew Member Posts: 2

Personal Plus 2020 expired yesterday, and though I had spoken to support recently and reinstalled as advised problem is not solved and will not assist unless renewed. I had advised within last fortnight that I needed problems solved before renewal.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Call me later on this afternoon and I'll see what I can do.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• pandrew
    pandrew Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply. How do I make contact.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Just call me on the number below

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com