Reckon Hosted - Change payment method for employees

Options
Karen_9899262
Karen_9899262 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to enter some reimbursements to employees that have been paid manually through our internet banking site.  I am trying to enter them in Write Cheques but they keep coming up as online banking payments - how do I amend this?

Comments

• Debbie_9161664
    Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Change the setting to cash/cheque and not online banking in the Write chqs section 
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Karen.  The other likely reason is potentially that the name that you are selecting is probably that for an employee, rather than for a supplier, which it would be in this case.  Set them up as a supplier (add say (S) after their name to indicate that is for a supplier) and you should be ok.
    John L G
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Karen

If they are reimbursements for items your employees bought with their money and you have paid them back, like coffee, milk, work boots, materials, do you not have "other names' set up for all your one-off purchases, like Office supplies (other name) Repairs (other name) Projective clothing (other name) Fuel (other name), this lets you enter all those items purchased all over the place without setting up names for each thing.   Office supplies (other name) - office supplies acct (memo big W) ...  Fuel (other name) - MV-Fuel acct (memo caltex).

In the reimburse expenses case on write cheque it would be i.e Protective clothing - protective clothing/equip acct - Memo: reimburse JJJones.