Reckon Hosted - email invoices

Options
Caz_6951535
Caz_6951535 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have a client that is wanting a 'read receipt' when he emails out his invoices from Hosted.  I feel that this is not possible, but wanted others views on this.  
Also, it appears that when the invoice is sent out, should the recipient 'reply' then it will actually populate the 'To:' field with the recipients email address?  This seems a little odd.  When you send it, you enter your own email address, so why is it not responding to this email address?

Comments

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Priscilla_Ognenis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Have you tried sending the invoices to your own inbox first then out from there with a read receipt.  I know it's an extra step but might be the only way you can do it for that client.
  • Priscilla_Ognenis
    Priscilla_Ognenis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sorry, I am no expert, just suggesting if it can't be done through reckon and if only one client is asking then maybe for their sake just do it that way if it's the only way, perhaps the support team can answer your original question.  Otherwise tell the client it can't be done.  Might bow out of this one now and wait for someone to come up with a better solution.  Clearly what suits one doesn't suit another.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Caz, you just opened a huge can of worms :):) again.

Priscilla, emailing to yourself is what I have recommended many a time in many a forum, it takes longer but is the only way to have a record of what has been sent and a read receipt.

And it is more than just one or 2 clients, every client, every user of hosted inclulding myself WANT THIS FIXED!!!!!  Is Reckon listening??????

We have been waiting so long, maybe an external source can develop an add-on that will fix this.
  • Jeanette_7248762
    Jeanette_7248762 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2015
    Options

for the moment actually use bcc to myself to show that I have sent invoices

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jeanette, that has always been an option, bu it doesn't stop the client getting emails saying "reckononline" and if they have more than one supplier on Reckon they get this from them all, so there could be 20 or 30 emails from the same place for this person.

I have had so many issues of clients not getting my emails as they go to junk mail, as their provider thinks they are spam advertising.

Also I don't think it is professional, I like to know my clients are getting emails that they know are from me and look professional.  Reckon only send plain text emails as well and don't include my nice signature.

Even though I think MYOB are an inferior program in many ways, they have this all over Reckon with the emailing.  Every email from MYOB links to your email program and sends the email HTML, puts a copy in your sent box and adds complete with logo and signature from your email program. :):):)
  • Caz_6951535
    Caz_6951535 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone, and I really didn't realise what a can of worms I was opening!  The option to send to yourself then forward seems to be the only option at present, but lets just hope that Reckon is listening!
  • Jeanette_7248762
    Jeanette_7248762 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I agree with you entirely
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Caz

A little background on this.  yes, true, this 'can of worms' has been raised for some time,  But whilst the sender address would appear to say:  "accountshosted@reckon.com",   the atcual email service does contain a 'reply-to'  HEADER of whatever name you elect to put into the Invoice Template as the 'from address'.   We've tested this and discussed it with Reckon, and attempted to have that aspect better explained as part of the recent Tax Update for 2015R2.  

Depending on what email program you are using,  (ie: Mozilla Thunderbird has a menu:  View Headers: ALL)  and  Microsoft Outlook (when viewing the incoming email opened up as a separate window) has a TAGS : Internet Headers  paragraph that clearly how that there is a 'FROM address defined separately to the 'REPLY-TO' address.

So,  if a a common customer who deals with MANY Reckon Accounts suppliers,  obtains an email purportedly from "accountshosted@reckon.com"   it may appear that way, but underlying that email is a REPLY-TO address that users can define (as say: accounts@mycompany.com ....).   

Agreed, the missing feature is the 'request receipt' DEMAND by you as a Reckon User,  but alas,  that never ensures the client will in fact agree to sending such a receipt.  So this will always be a near perfect solution if you expect that everyone (as clients0 will in fact send you this desired receipt.   Some clients enjoy anonymity,  others are cunning and deliberately turn receipting OFF so that email SENDERS are deliberately NOT made aware that they have received a commercial demand, that they actually intend to delay or ignore.   Unfortunately there is a percentage of people who play these game,  The end result, is, that you can never 'rely' on receipting to prove anything, because the 'receipts' may not come back.

The term 'can of worms'  has been mentioned, probably because this has been extensively covered at: 

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/email-history-pom51da7fcqnn
    and at

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/cannot-email-payslips-from-reckon-account-enterprise

and at
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/payslips-from-accounts-hosted-2015

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"?