Reckon Hosted - Estimate template columns - Price - GST = Total (inc GST)

Options
Erica Johannsen_6770300
Erica Johannsen_6770300 Member Posts: 8
edited January 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I've been hunting for simple instructions on how to create my estimates and invoices so that I can show my customers the price, the GST amount then the total including GST for each line item.

Phone support wasn't very helpful and I'm hoping the Reckon Community has a broader knowledge base.  

Two images in the attached PDF show what I have and what I want.  

Changing the preferences to 'Allow tax inclusive (gross) prices and costs to be entered' doesn't change having the same value in each column.

Any help very gratefully received.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options

Erica you can either do one or the other. With GST exclusive the line item will show the net figure then the GST amount and then the total net amount. At the bottom it will show the total GST and then the total inclusive GST.

With GST inclusive it will show the line item with GST inclusive price and then the GST amount and then the total at the bottom will also be the same.

You can send them 2 invoices if you want; one net of GST and then the inclusive of GST. But you can't try and mix the two. 
  • Erica Johannsen_6770300
    Erica Johannsen_6770300 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2019
    Options
    well thats very disappointing.
  • PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Erica,

There is always a way to get what you want. In your case, what we can do is to use a custom field or unused field from item line (ie. Other1), then you can exclude the Total column from the printing and include the new field Other1. From there, you have 2 options, one is to manually enter Other1 to equal to the amount (with tax), or have an application that can automatically fill in the amounts for you whenever you create a new invoice (which I can help you to create it :)) )

How the invoice in Reckon will look like:

And how the print out will look like (of course you can do any format as you like from Reckon)

Let me know if it makes sense. I can give you more info if you are interested. My email is phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au