Reckon Hosted - Insanely slow/delayed

Options
Capricorn Stages
Capricorn Stages Member Posts: 19
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I just want to check that we are not the only ones having major speed/response issues with Reckon Hosted? For Months now, we have been having issues with typing and moving around in Hosted. The keystrokes take at least 5 secs or more sometimes to appear. The mouse is staticy and jumpy when moving around the screen - or disappears all together. It takes about 5 minutes just to enter a simple bill - let alone raise an estimate or invoice from scratch. Our internet is pretty much fine for everything else, just reckon. Which makes working extremely hard. Is anyone else having these issues? Or is there a problem with Reckon Hosted itself?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I am extremely slow today, but haven't had long term issues.
  • Tony Doherty
    Tony Doherty Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Put up with same issue for so long - Finally gave in and went to desk top version.

• Capricorn Stages
    Capricorn Stages Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Its been ok up until what I think was the last update a few mths ago. Then its gone crap. I cant even copy and paste. Used to be able to do that without the extra pop up but not anymore. Used to be able to actually copy and paste in to it. Now nothing. Ive tried all browsers. It's doing my head in
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Been using it today since 8am and haven't had any issues. 
    Have you run a speed test on your internet and is your PC in decent nick?

I'd probably start with checking out some things local to your workstation first like cache, cookies and whatnot then check your company file. Mine was pretty bloated a couple of years ago and we took the time to do a clean up on it. Now it whistles through without any problems, just need to remember to keep doing it every now and then.
  • Regula Waser
    Regula Waser Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2020
    Options
    No problems here
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    When was the last time you did a backup with verify that cleared the .tlg file?  there are plenty of posts on the forum here regarding this issue - a big file with a too big .tlg file (temporary file that manages the multi users) - which really slow down your system... clearing this might resolve your issue?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • Emma Minato
    Emma Minato Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Using chrome and it's working great. We have had lots of similar issues trying to use Accounts off a remote server hence the reason we upgraded to Hosted- and it worked. Hope u get it fixed soon, so painful when it's not working fast.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2020
    Options

We recommend that you:

1) Confirm whether the problem affects only your specific company data file or any other company data file that is opened on your Hosted account.

- if you only have one company data file, try opening the sample company file or create a new test data file

2) Perform a file integrity check on you company data file

DATA RECOVERY: How to Verify Data and Rebuild Data for a company data file in Reckon Accounts Hosted

3) Create a backup with full verification enabled in order to 'reset' the TLG file if it is very large

DATA RECOVERY: How to create a backup in Reckon Accounts Hosted with complete verification

Regards,

Reckon Data Recovery Team

• Wayne Morris
    Wayne Morris Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Options

We switched from Desktop to Hosted and have had problems with the speed - particularly when retrieving data and printing.  The screen frequently freezes and simply moving around the programme is too slow.  We are seriously considering going back to Desktop but will have some further discussion with Reckon in the next week. To date, the only contribution Reckon have made is an acknowledgement of the problem with no suggestions on how to fix the problem. We operate with Chrome and Internet speed is very good.   More to follow …..