Reckon Hosted keeps dropping out even when I am using it, and the session has been idle too long mes

Bedaring Group Pty Ltd
Bedaring Group Pty Ltd Member Posts: 7
edited March 2020 in Accounts Hosted
My Reckon Hosted keeps dropping out even when I am using it, and the session has been idle too long message comes up. Why is it doing this? It is driving me insane !!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Hi there,

How often would you say this happens and at what intervals? 

Is this a new occurrence? Ie. has it been exhibiting this behaviour on previous occasions?

Which browser are you using when this happens and does it occur on an alternate browser as well? 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bedaring Group Pty Ltd
    edited March 2020
    This happens about every hour or so and sometimes more frequently.   This has been happening for about 3 months now, but worse since updating to NBN last month. We are paying for a higher speed NBN and we are not having any problems with any other online programs, as we use several, such as Retail Express and Sharepoint etc.   I am using Google Chrome browser.  I have tried Window Explorer and it is far worse on that.  We use Windows 10 which updates regularly. I am on a Wireless connection.  Do you think that could be the problem?    I have always been on wireless and never been an issue before.  Help!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    If there are any interruptions in the Wifi connectivity it could certainly play a part.

Any chance you could test it for me while connected via ethernet/fixed connection and see if the issue replicates?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bedaring Group Pty Ltd
    edited August 2017
    We have only had 2 internet interruptions when the whole neighbourhood went down, but not normally.  It has been exceptionally good since on NBN, as we had more disruptions on ADSL.  I can connect with ethernet and will give it a try today and see if it is better, then let you know.

• Bedaring Group Pty Ltd
    edited August 2017
    Ok.  Have not had it drop out at all today with it connected to the ethernet, so the problem is definitely the WiFi.  Thanks for your assistance.