Reckon Hosted - Printing issue

KGibbs
KGibbs Member Posts: 13
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Hosted - Printing issue - Any report, payslip, invoice.  Is sending the file to print, and building the report, however when it opens as a new tab online, the PDF is not there and is a blank webpage all grey.  Last week if I refreshed the page, it appeared and that seemed to at least be a temp fix.  However, now it just says "file not found".  So no PDF can be seen to print.  Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has found a fix for this.  Thanks

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Which browser are you using to access Hosted?  When was the last time you cleared the cache of that browser (specifically the hosted history)? 
  • KGibbs
    edited February 2020
    Google Chrome.  And cleared weekly.
  • KGibbs
    edited February 2020
    Hi Linda.  I use chrome and clear it out weekly, however thought as you suggested it, I would give it another clear out fully.  Unfortunately, it hasn't fixed the issue.
  • KGibbs
    edited February 2020
    For anyone with the same issue, Reckon has had many calls today about this issue and it appears to be a chrome issue that usual fixes don't work, support gave me the following options:
    1. uninstall and reinstall chrome
    OR
    2. use another browser.  I have opted for this and am just using Safari for reckon.  Works fine, but I had to make sure I allowed popups when using Safari as I had not used it for Reckon before.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    I dont use Chrome much for anything these days - Safari and Opera for me... Opera is my default browser, works great with Hosted - I do have a couple of website where its a bit of a problem with popups etc - but switch to Safar when this happens.  Glad you got it sorted!
  • KGibbs
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Linda.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2020
    Maybe the Chrome update caused an issue??? Started happening last night...
  • KGibbs
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Sally.  Yes. In the end, that is what Reckon support said.  When I asked if there would be a long term fix at some point, they directed me to the 2 options above and said that is all.
  • Debbie_9161664
    Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2020
    By clearing out chrome do you mean Go To Tools, Clear Browsing Data ?
  • Debbie_9161664
    Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2020
    Move to Firefox, then it will work, Chrome does not seem to be compatible with Hosted anymore ....
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2020